Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

MannersPlease posted:

Some Insanely Big Booty from the death throes of darkshrine. I'll miss you~

Oh yeah, that deodre's dropped corrupted with cast speed implicit!

Note the FPS graph on that second picture...that's the difference between standing around 40 bodies and around 400 bodies.

Let me use that hegemony staff. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How does my spec look for SRS dudes? This setup would be if I had an alphas howel and a level 2 enlighten which gives me 130 mana running anger/hatred/generosity and haste by itself.

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill...tL7Cf4K_kn-jw==

Here is pre enlighten gem

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill...8bBxewYcLtFfg==

Also for people that have done SRS what defensive setup skills did you find best? I have been running a cwdt 1/summon skeles/enfeeble/phase run. But it doesn't really feel viable. Looking at going CastWhenDamageTaken(lvl10)->FrsotWall(lvl15)->MoltenShell(lvl15)->PhaseRun/Golem. Any tips so I don't get super murdered in higher maps?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dirt posted:

So even with the lower level nerfing to Fire totem, it should still be fairly useful, right? I am sorta new, and switched my level 30-something Witch I had on standard from forever ago when I first tried this game, over to a Fire Totem build and enjoyed it.

Thinking of rolling a Templar Fire totem build, but possibly switching to SRS/Zombies in the late 50's on the new Talisman thing.

Is dual fire totem viable for super late game stuff? My Witch on standard is level 66 or so, and I have basically wrecked everything I have came across, currently in Act 3 of Merciless. I want to know if the dual fire totem thing still works later than that, like for maps and stuff. Or should I definitely transition to SRS/Zombies?

Flame totem got better late game and nerfed early game but still good for leveling. Or so the experts say.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

It's also slow. No matter how powerful and safe it is, it's not going to clear as fast as more active builds.

Ya but if your build doesn't work right until 60+ isn't flame totem the best setup to go for with using passives that dont support it?

Also this reddit post is good. This is us when patch notes come out and we are waiting for a new league.

https://i.imgur.com/6yB3QZa.webm

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

I've played exclusively hardcore since the early days of Diablo 2, and I think there's a certain mindset that you have to have. It's not "trying never to die", it's "seeing how far you can get until you die", a subtle but important difference.

The make or break point for being a hc player is your first death. That first death, or first death of a fairly well advanced character, is a toughie and I'd guess it's where most people nope out of hardcore. If you can deal with that one, it becomes much easier to accept future deaths. And after awhile, softcore seems kind of pointless by comparison.

For me it took 2 or 3 deaths. And then 4-5 deaths in diablo 3 before I was like "Nope I want to actually see end game in a arpg and not be murdered by bad internet or bosses that can one shot you. Or be forced to roll a spec thats boring as gently caress to play but I can get really far with it."

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Martman posted:

I tried this game soon after it's release (well, I can't remember when, but the last thing I remember is that Act 3 just kind of ended randomly halfway through), and I'm really impressed by how much everything has improved.

I've been trying this build (Flameblast + Flame Totem with Blood Magic, ultimately converting all Fire Damage to Chaos Damage) and it's gotten me well into Act 3 Merciless, and I find it pretty fun. So then, I randomly got an exalted orb drop! Sweet! I used it to buy The Consuming Dark, which converts 75% of fire damage to chaos damage. I was particularly low on dex at the time (so I couldn't equip it right away) and my inventory was cluttered... and in the process of sorting stuff and clearing stuff out I accidentally vendored my shiny new unique. :thumbsup:

Is this like a rite of passage for PoE noobs? Someone please tell me it's happened to them too and that I'm not just incredibly stupid.

the worse i have done is maybe wast too many jewelers/chromes/fusings when I should have stopped.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
get in queue

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
You can boot tonic316 from the guild to make room for return people. That's my banned account never coming back.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Where's the website with all the talisman pictures along with their corresponding tier.?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jester Mcgee posted:

I want to do an SRS build, but I've never done one before, and I am having trouble figuring out which ones on the official forums are good. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am running one on my guy. I can get 50 guys out(without vaal haste running) and it's working out well so far with the gear I have. Look up tonic317 and the character name is PlayingOnMyTablet if you want to see my current spec.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Bardeh posted:

I've been watching a few streams, and most are people playing HC and running maps. They leave a poo poo-ton of rares lying on the ground, but pick some up. How do they decide at a glance which ones are worth taking and which aren't?

Neversink filter will green background good bases and you should be using 1 handers that take up 1x3 for your dual weapon chaos recipes. You'll always be waiting on jewelry to complete a recipie so after you have 4 sets of gear you can stop picking up the lovely bases for your unidentified chaos recipie.

I'm still picking up most rares I can cause I still want more alts. I imagine when you're in the high 80's and 90's you have enough alts for whatever.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
He updated his filter for 2.1 but then it was found to be broken. Has he fixed his 2.1 update?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jester Mcgee posted:

Thanks for this, checking your profile out got me up and running. Also, I have heard that SRS is terrible early on, but I started using it as soon as I could buy it from the vendor and it's working just fine for me.

I had planned to take dual totems up to 60-70 and then respec out of it. I found that by mid 50's SRS was doing well and I picked up a 5l staff without + skills and was able to level easily with two other people so I specced out of the totems earlier then normal.

I picked up a pledge of hands the other night and now I need to 6 socket 5l/6l it and will be using an empower gem in it. Should work out well.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

StoryTime posted:

Make a gimmick Cast On Death build and crash pub parties.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Keep it. It'll be worth more as the league goes onward.

Pretty sure exalts drop in price once they peak. I'd sell it right now for 60c that sounds about as high as it's going to get.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Pharnakes posted:

Going to go with Arctic Armour I think, been looking for a little more survivability anyway. This leaves me just enough mana to fire tornado shot twice :v:

Let me know if you want to sell that alphas. Name is playingonmytablet

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Pharnakes posted:

I hate to be *that guy* asking for pricing advice, but I've never reached endgame and really worried about equipment other than to swap it on and check if my dps goes up. Goons in game assured me this was worth a bit, but I have no idea how much or how to go about selling it if it is.

Rip 3rd mod.

Pharnakes posted:

I'm not super attached to it, but don't really want to sell it for less than an exalt though. Or trade it for a drillneck.

Alpha isn't worth an exalt. Plenty for 30-35 chaos. And the cards go for 4-5 chaos for a set of 6. All good though. I bought the cards and got one.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

GaistHeidegger posted:

I hadn't played for almost two years after initially digging into the game back in February 2014; back then I beat normal difficulty with a witch and then a scion and wandered off from it. I recently wandered back and decided to tackle Hardcore for the first time, making a ranger--and last night I cleared Dominus and then Voll so far.

Main trouble is, I have absolutely no idea still what all really changed over the two years and have not dug terribly deep under the hood for mechanics; now that I am going up against content I haven't done before and have hankerings to try and make the full tour through merciless while remaining on Hardcore, I thought it might be best to swing by here and see if there's suggestions / tips / insights etc. that might be had.

I suspect that I'm nowhere near being optimal with how I'm rolling so far given that I've mostly been playing it by ear and haven't gone out of my way yet to gear up / get a particular ability combo going. I have generally been focusing on getting my damage up as much as possible at range while relying on decoy totem to keep things off my rear end as I hose enemies with rain of arrows / caustic arrow / split shot.

Here is where I'm currently at skill-wise at level 37. I use split arrow with lesser multiple projectiles and caustic arrow with physical projectile attack damage + life leech alternatively.

I run around with hatred and herald of ice running and generally seem to blow through enemies without much trouble, but when I grouped up with folks for Dominus & the dried lake I was watching them melt things dramatically faster than me. I've got a Karui Ward and Wondertrap for uniques I'd stumbled across, so my move speed is 40% ish increased; I've also managed to luck into a few rare gear combos that give me big boosts to my elemental damage.

Basically I'd like to make sure that I'm not diving down irreparable bungles in my passive tree / direction if my intention is to remain survivable and quick meandering into the higher difficulties on Hardcore for the first time. I've got the 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge passives and a mix of increased damage + increased health generally across the board so far.

Before coming back in September the last time I had played was before scion was released. Just pick a cheap build from the OF build guides that looks fun and you'll figure the rest out as you play. Or ask your questions in guild chat.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Well, part of the problem is that I have no idea how much I'd pay, since I am poo poo at evaluating stuff/know the value of the orbs. :shobon:

You'll learn with time and also because you'll have bought said gear for what you're playing. If you truly don't know just search on poe.trade and under shoot the stats from what you have and see what other people have and price accordingly.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mince Pieface posted:

speaking of which, has anyone else found the SRS changes to be really bad at high level? I relogged with my Level 85 SRS witch in standard just to see how it was and clear speed dropped to like a third of what it was, the damage seems just crazy low now

I'm lv87 srs running a 5l +2 staff with srs/melee splash/melee physical/spell echo/item rarity. It's not super fast in t6+ maps but it gets the job done. I could swich out the item rarity for minion damage but I can't sustain it so I need to fix that and I'm sure it will be fine.

I am however getting this guy to 90 then just using him to farm mid level maps with iir and iiq. Going to progress further on a CA guy I made as CA seems to be a lot better. And I like the play style so far.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hauki posted:

I have like 26? now, and while I used them all at one point I've gotten much better about not hoarding stuff of dubious value in temp leagues, so now I'm down to using like, 9-12 in a 3 month. I really need to set auto buyouts on tabs again this league so I can make better use of what I have and spend less time sorting and pricing poo poo.

And here I am buying more tabs when I have 60.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gibbo posted:

"and this is my tab for level 3 reckoning gems with zero quality. And this is my tab for level 4 riposte with quality at least twelve"

An item for every man and a tab for every item.

Nah. More like 7 tabs to throw all my loot from maps so I don't have to stop and sort everytime I go back to town. The the following

C1- alts,Augs,trans,armor quality things,Whetstone,chance orbs
C2 - chromes,jewelers,fusings 4 columns for each one
C3- chaos,other expensive currency,the divine cards
Flk - dump my quality flasks to do a bunch at once for baubles
Tal- talismans
Gi - good items or random items I might use on dudes I'm playing or the diff resist flasks for them.
Ic - identified chaos recipie
Uc- unidentified chaos recipie
Ir- identified regal recipie
Ur- unidentified regal recipie
Jewels - for Jewels
U1- uniques
U2-uniques
Cmp - alchs and chisels and aztari sets and maps I want to run for that session
T1-3 - tier 1-3 maps
T4-6 - tier 4-6 maps
T7-9
T10-12
T13-15
Red active gems
Green active gems
Blue active gems
Support gems
Leveled gems
Quality gems
H1 - hammers
Hr - hammers ready to convert to chisels
Occy - occulist white chests
Aa - agate amys to chance
Hh - head hunter leather white belts
$$$ - stuff I need to price check to sell
Rnd - anything selling above my chaos specified tabs
(these are my tabs for selling stuff)
10 alts
5 alts
1fusing
2fusing
1c - 1 chaos
2c
Etc up to 8c

And that's about it. I know it looks spergy autist but a lot of it let's me procrastinate on doing stuff with the items like the hammers tab and whites tabs. I could probably pair down the gems tab into one for all 3 colors and combine support into them. Which would give me more tabs to dump map loot into. But basically I like my poo poo somewhat orangized even though I'm lazy.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

AegisP posted:

Even with 10 exalts I still couldn't afford a Lightning Coil and a Taste of Hate :(

5ex for both those items total on talisman standard, and 9 ex if you 5l your own coil for talisman hardcore.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cesaro posted:

Anyone still playing ED/contagion after the poison bug fix? Single target felt like garbage to me now so I started another character.

inventoroftrees still runs it and hes 91 and murders poo poo. Talk to him about it. I believe he still runs poison and is using temp chains/enfeeble to do tier 12+ maps.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

AegisP posted:

Talisman hardcore, where Taste of Hates are 5.5-6 ex and Lightning Coil is 4.5-5.5 ex, though I don't expect those 4.5s to be around long. Lightning Coil keeps going down, but Taste of Hate used to be 4-5 and seems to keep going up.

I would imagine it's because more people are getting to the level of being able to use them but the supply can't keep up as others also leave the system. In regards to taste of hate.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

AegisP posted:

Yea, Taste of Hates are also going to be useful for pretty much every build, while you wouldn't use a Lightning Coil if your build requires a different unique chest piece or whatnot.

Or if you like to live on the edge! I'm using a carcass jack on my CA guy currently when using a LC would be better defensively.

Question for you goons. I know we talked about forcing a 6l versus doing it manually. And you all are saying doing it manually will be less fusings in the long run so my question is what if it's on an item you don't have a backup for? I am using a very nice thicket +3 skill bow with dot damage currently 5 linked 6 socket. Should I continue to save my fusings to force it or save like 800-900 and try to 6L it?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

1500 fusings is a hell of a lot of currency. that's roughly 750 chaos. I'd give that amount in ex as well but ex fluctuates so drat much (outside of standard) these days.

Yea and right now a bow with my similar stats but 6 linked is going for 11ex which is about what 750c would cost you.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Just LOL at reddit trying to make comparisons in mastercraft scamming to playing EVE online.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3yhzvh/ggg_should_not_be_allowed_to_remove_negative/

If you guys need a level 8 person I personally used JesicaBB and she is free and accepts tips. Should work until a goon hits lv 8 in whatever you need.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I need to multimod my vagan dagger so I'll have to try her.

Edit: what the hell do people tip in these cases

I tipped her 10 chaos to do cata lv 8 mod, then remove it when I got my +1 to skills and then add on a leo dot twice. I even gave her the exalt to do the +1 to skills and didn't jack it. So stand up person imo. She also linked each craft every time to make sure they were correct.

megalodong posted:

Obviously the two aren't comparable with one costing you real money and the other not, but GGG's policies are pretty terrible. They seem to want this late 90's EQ1/diablo 2/UO style of game where it's the wild west and you need to know who to trust, who's a ripoff artist (lightwoods), who's not but isn't trustworthy etc., but then they don't allow any negative feedback in feedback threads, they don't allow community blacklists, no sort of name and shame stuff, which is all kinda needed if you want to take a hands off approach like they do.

I meant in regards to I don't go into PoE expecting to gt ripped off/scammed. You go into EVE knowing that can and will happen. Also the subreddit names and shames all day long.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

If they open the door to negative feedback they also let in dickholes starting poo poo over nothing, people feeling like they got ripped off, every idiot who doesnt get things the way they want

How hard would it be to only allow posts with screen shots of people who got scammed?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Drunk Badger posted:

How is this for a SRS build? I'd be open to a Witch build if it's a better option.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1427765

He skips some duration nodes which is dumb. I used a variation of this one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1197738

If you get cast speed on your gear you can skip grabbing those cast speed nodes north east. And I picked up flask nodes. You can look at my profile at tonic317 and look at PlayngOnMyTablet to see my spec at 87. I have since abandoned her though because CA is more fun and mobile.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

It's probably actually Voll's protector that needs nerfed and not the support gem or blade vortex hth

Ahh yes because without blade vortex this build is godly like it is with blade vortex :rolleyes:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Magus42 posted:

Instead of rerolling w/flame totems or such at the moment, is it possible to salvage any of my current characters to try and get familiar with the game again?

I've also got a few other uniques lying around if they could help:

I really liked the Facebreaker (Dian_Wei) before, but I'm not sure if I'm doing well enough gearing it. I've also got a summoner (Farrys) while the other witch was a fire witch w/Searing Touch, and the Ranger I couldn't quite make up my mind what skill gems to use...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

All those uniques are hot garbage and used for leveling more or less. Browse the builds thread on the of and look for cheap in the title and then watch videos of the builds and see if its what you like. Then go from there.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

theshim posted:

Yeah, I ran the Ice Crash Facebreaker in that guide. As soon as you hit level 16, you become a punchgod of punchdeath. And I was running with sub-700 damage and self-found gear, sitting at over 35k dps at 68.

Facebreaker makes the level grind so much less of a chore because you just vaporize everything.

That new unique talisman you can use at lv10 is loving amazing until like level 30 or so.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gibbo posted:

Really? I find act 3 the biggest drag

same, a3 is the worse because of those drat sewers.

J posted:

I want to tidy up the builds section of the OP but ascendancy is going to flip the game on its head again, :effort: If anyone has any links to any build guides they've tried that they felt were good I'd be happy to add them to the OP, since right now it basically consists of my best guesses going into this patch.

The ascendancy nodes are really interesting to me because most of them are super powerful. Even if they were to get toned down from the preview numbers, they'd still be a significant power increase. A lot of people think the game is too easy, but I bet the average player barely makes it into maps before finding out their build sucks, getting alt-itis, or just quitting anyway. Makes me wonder what the difficulty of any new content they add is going to be like.

Pretty much this. Your average player in any game doesn't do much 3rd party browsing so you can imagine how bad it is if you don't look up a guide or ask people their opinions on what they're doing. But I guess with twitch being so popular these days the numbers do dwindle on people left in the dark but it is probably still a good bunch.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 5, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gibbo posted:

It used to be longer? :psyduck:

I've only got like 120h to my name so I'm still a baby.

Kaom is my least favourite section too, but act 3 as a whole just makes me go blah.

Do people just forego the "endgame" and go straight to maps?

Maps are the end game. You do act 4 until you get the skill point then grind dried lakes till you want to do maps.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

What do you guys think a 6-link Cherrubimīs Maleficence is worth in Talisman Softcore?
Not that i intend to sell it right now, but i cant even hazard a guess.

Rare 6 links start out at 10ex and go up depending on their stats. So I'd say 15ex baseline and then depending on how popular the build that uses that is it would go up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

For the love of god unbind attack from left click and bind it to force move.

I find space bar for moving much more comfortable. But that's also because it was the key bind for diablo 3 force to move.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

So is there a "best" way to level up Masters? I'm trying to get Elreon and Haku to level 7 but their dailies give a completely pathetic little sliver of exp. Didn't they nerf something with farming master exp quickly when the master-crafted bow situation happened?

Join global 820 and do rotations. You share your daily with 5 other people on the same level as you who also share their daily.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Just do the div card challenge for your hard one. I did it and it cost me about 6 ex and I made 2ex back selling the 6link body I got from cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If you're ranged just avoid melee dmg and save yourself 4ex. Softcore of course.

• Locked thread