Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Only thing I am not liking about the new shadow tree is how little life there is. I kinda want to do a new poison build but I don't want to die if I get sneezed on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Anyone tried the crit staff version of ice crash? Was thinking about giving it a go for the next league.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Vasudus posted:

Crit Staff Ice Crash is very good. I had one in Warbands and it was a ton of fun and very powerful. Your endgame weapon (Hegemony's Era) is very expensive though, FYI.
How expensive is it in normal leagues? 10+ ex?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

What's the deal with not identifying unique two-stone rings? I've seen people freak out about it in chat but there's tons of them on .trade for a handful of chaos. What am I missing?

Getting trolled maybe? Not sure.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

ImsaKidd posted:

Where's your item filter to make the chaos font size 100 with bright yellow text?

Looks like neversinks filter

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

ronya posted:

budget fakener

main requirement is a 5L Voll's Protector

This this this, build is so strong for how little it needs.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

That sounds kinda nice, how survivable is it?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

That is the problem I ran into last time I did an ES build, even with decent chaos res I would just get rekt from it on occasion. Which was kinda frustrating, seems I had to go shavs or CI.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I can't think of a single build that uses every single skill slot as an active ability. I guess maybe if you did a summoner where everything was self-cast and multiple curses? But usually the only way you fill up everything is auras and those don't need to be actively visible.

Throw a couple veal skills in there and it's pretty easy for a lot of builds.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Ornedan posted:

Did you delete your race character before points were awarded?

I have done this several times, things suddenly make more since.....

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Ekster posted:

I hope they have good internet in jail.

Depends what prison you go to. :a2m:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

With mjolner so cheap this league I kinda want to do a build, was looking at the Templar and it looks like the heirophant could get around the volls devotion but not sure if it would be worth it.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Dreggon posted:

drat i don't know how people think up this poo poo but it looks really strong

It is very strong, been running it myself and enjoying it a lot.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I normally level with freezing pulse and a life sprig cause it's like broken easy and once a get some levels switch to wtvr.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yeah I have got purged several times just cause I forgot to check the motd

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

nightwisher posted:

well taunt got nerfed, game is dead GGG are evil time to uninstall

am i doing this reddit thing right?

Almost, you forgot to post it on reddit.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Do I want to jump on the blade flurry :bandwagon: or do an ed/contagion build to start the league?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So blade flurry Raider anyone?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Also the completion bonus does not mean more map drops, it just means you have a chance at getting a higher tier map than what would have already dropped.

I don't generally remove maps, I just get as high of a bonus as I can and run the maps I like. :shrug:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So, with Pyre :rip: is vortex traps or poison vortex dead this league? Or would it still be doable?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I used to use FB to level almost every character before it was nerfed. Makes leveling trivial all you need is some flat damage on everything and smash faces all that way to maps, and then start using whatever build or skills you planned for.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

baram. posted:

is ignite vortex still strong as hell? i played one to 50ish last league and could one hit everything below yellows basically so it was super quick to progress.
With the Pyre nerf I'm not so sure how good it would be, unless you put like a cold to fire gem in there too.

But, I like a lot of the skill mtx, those are what I spent a lot of the points I get on.

Rakeris fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 8, 2017

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I've never played a whispering ice build but after looking at that post I kind of want to, looks fun.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So if I just got a skyforth to drop, what build should I do that is complacently broken with them?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I have not found one key or one exalt so far this league. But I did find one divine orb!

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yeah WI does it fine, I have a dual void battery arc char that can clear it without to much of a problem. (die once in a while)

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yes, if you want more of them you want to have 0 t12s so they will get downgraded to an 11 and you will get even more strands!

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

You can shape a 7 if you want, just depends if you want that shaped map as well or just more strands. This league I shaped ash woods or wtvr it's called. So all I got for 11 and 12 was strand and ashen woods, then completed all 13 or higher maps. I ended up with like 103 map completion I think.

But I always alc maps, I never run out of them either, I normally have more than I need just from them dropping.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Well I guess I'm going to be a goon and go RF as well. (Was planning on it a while ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Kild posted:

You've must've never messaged them about technical issues. Their customer service blows rear end if it's not billing related from my experience.

I have emailed them about a technical issue before and the effort they went to resolve it was rather surprising. Took down tons of info to attempt to recreate it and fix it. And even followed up with me after.

• Locked thread