Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Ultima66 posted:

Spell damage boosts the ignites caused by Vortex. That's why it's one of the best skills for proliferating ignites right now.

You don't really care about the cold AoE effect, since as you approach 900-1000% increased double dipping damage the cold AoE effect quickly gets eclipsed by your ignite damage.

Huh. Interesting thing about that gem, didn't realize it specified all dots and not the gems dot. Thanks for correcting.

And yeah, I played foxtactics arc conversion that focused on the burn double dippping and using VRF for bosses. That poo poo is insane, I can see how vortex can become so absurd using the same mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Id still replace your quiver and then lose 2 tree points. You can make sure to reclaim those points as you upgrade everything else and/or gain more levels and get stats on travel nodes.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I knew all those skin transfers would find a use someday!

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

..btt posted:

It's pretty easy to roll one top IPD mod, it's getting both that is tricky. Also, that is a bad dagger base for crit since it only has 40% implicit. It could potentially roll into something decent, but it's always going to be 40% worse than a golden/platinum kris (builds usually use daggers for the implicit crit mods). You would need an obscenely lucky regal to make that worth anything (like T1/T2 flat phys roll). Arguably it'd be in a better state if it didn't have the low tier crit mod rolled on it, but even then I'd probably call it fairly worthless.

I'm 99% certain that the best crafting bases for a dagger like this are ambusher and imperial skean, followed by ezomyte and slaughter knife. I'd even prefer a demon dagger or sai over a kris.

How effective the 40% extra global crit is (80 instead of 40) depends on how much other global crit/dagger crit/melee crit you already but, but that is going to result in something like 3-4% total of your critical strike chance. In the end, you have to realize your base crit% is going to be less than 1% different between the various base weapons, 8.2 vs 8.9 on a white weapon with inc crit gem, 10.5 vs 11.5 on a t1 crit mod + crit stirkes gem. This means any global/dagger/melee crit nodes, global crit % on gear, etc, is at most, something like 9% more effective on a kris when compared to a ambusher. On the other hand, it's very hard to find any source of 25% MORE attack speed, something an ambusher gives you. This will scale the massive phys damage from a flaring roll, it will scale the massive phys dmg from abyssus, it will scale all the phys damage from rings and amulets, as well as scale all flat elemental damage from rings, amulets, gloves, auras, and heralds.

Of course, a well rolled kris can still be great for any phys dagger build, and in the end, you use whatever gives you the highest dps for the best price. But if you are looking to craft one, a kris is just not in the same league as a dagger with 1.5/1.45, or even 1.4 base attack speed.

And as far as spellcasters go, the extra 40% global crit a kris gives you over a skean or 20% over a demon dagger is nice, but it's honestly not that noteworthy at all. You most likely already have 40% from any dagger base, another 75%+ from a spell crit roll, another 300%+ from power charges, another 75%+ from your offhand/shield, another 150% on the tree, another 90% from crit strikes gem, another 50%+ from various gear pieces...going from 740% to 780% is certainly nice but really not that big of a deal.

Saying a kris is 40% better or whatever, because it's 80% implicit vs a 40% implicit, is massively wrong. It's wrong on caster weapons, the ones where a kris is top tier, let alone an attack weapon where kris is seemingly the worst, and in both cases the implicit itself only makes a very small impact. The crit multi from a foil is certainly more valuable than global crit from daggers, and the wand implicits are quite strong now since they changed them as well. Builds usually use daggers for the efficiency and power that exists in the skill tree (when attack based), or for access to mobility skills (when spell based)...not because the implicit is so amazing. The implicit is actually incredibly common.

tl;dr Kris daggers don't get as much attention for a good reason, stick to higher attack speed bases whenever possible.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 25, 2016

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Honestly league is probably dead, I would know since I quit 2 weeks in, and since standard sucks there is basically no reason to do anything other than what Jusupov says.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
This recent BV reveal is insanely funny to me because I always ran 3 different BV setups on my pathfinder. WoooWeeee so not only was I gettin 600% MORE poison damage, I was getting that 3x.

NiceBuild

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Uhh to quote from the guide

quote:

Current BV mechanics seem quite broken - Every BV gem shares stacks globally and casting just once with a gem will do the full 20 stack damage for the gems own duration. What does this mean? We can stack using a lvl 1 gem linked with FC-Echo-Duration to make maintaining 20 stacks trivially easy and require zero investment in mana. A lot of people have already utilized this but this build takes it a step further.

The main reason for playing a pathfinder is that we use 2x fully leveled BV gems in our main 6L (7L due to our ascendancy), giving us the full damage from 2x 6L's. This is incredibly powerful because a 7L non crit poison BV link doesn't have a good 7th gem apart from Increased Duration and the since stacks are not a problem the increased poison duration alone is very lackluster compared to DOUBLING your damage with a 2nd BV gem.

How to play specifically: 1. Stack with your cheap 4L stack link 2. Cast once with your main 2 BV gems
The stack durations are different for the stack link and your damage link, never letting the damage link stacks expire is very important (suddenly do zero damage and leeching since your stacks are all from the lvl 1 BV gem). This is in fact how I ended up dying on this character, timing mistake and relying on leech where there was none.

I dunno if it's true, I haven't tested myself, but I certainly wouldn't put it past GGG. BV is really the skill that just keeps on giving. I imagine if this actually works as the guy says, you could easily give yourself 4x 6L's (in addition to easy 20stacks with a glove setup) with the proper staff.

Obviously my setups weren't doing THAT much from this particular quirk, especially considering I had the poison multiplier going at the time, and since I didn't have proper alternate dps setups for my BV's, but still, if I was doing damage for both my COH setup (which benefits from flasks still, and related pathfinder buffs) and also my pcoc-culling, it was certainly adding a nice chunk of damage.

I always assumed it did proportional damage to the number of BV's I cast from each particular setup. For me, I assumed I was always doing 18 stacks of my DPS setup and 1 of each utility I had, because I would cast each utility first to apply the curse and generate power charges, cast up to 20 to get 18 dps stacks going. Then I would cast 2 more dps when my utility had done it's thing, assuming it would override the oldest stacks and give me my full 20 stack dps. This was based on 0 testing and assumptions from my previous video gaming experience with stacking buffs, so it's not really a surprise to me that it was never working the way I thought it would. Even though it would have made total sense and avoided this obviously broken mechanic in the process.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 24, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
What the heck, I need re-invite to guild if spaces open up. Throw an invite to RaiderStillSucks if you get a chance.

I'm thinking of playing something other than poison bv pathfinder next league, maybe...poison scourge bv necromancer? I want to farm uber lab again at start of lab, and maybe carry full group service as soon as possible, so infinity dps is a high priority. Maybe Necromancer attackspeed will make up for me doing something other than QotF, not sure though...

Is scourge still completely broken on necro (barring any big poison nerfs in 2.6), or did they do anything with that? And has anyone ever gone for scourge early in league? Is it in high demand? I've never had a reason or care to pay attention to that item before.

also, :xbone:

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 24, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Ah that's fine, busted scourge mechanics are only really desirable to me for carrying groups through lab, and I'll need a few days to get myself setup for that. I'll start fb totems or something to get some currency and levels first anyway, necromancer w/ flesh offering provides alot of cast speed and some doubledip damage for flameblast as well, should make for easy wealth acquisition early on. I haven't had that much trouble getting some good poo poo in the first week of the league and I don't see how this one will be any different.

I'll have to make new plays for all my utility/flask setups though, as I won't be going pathfinder/QotF and I GGG is supposedly going to make it pointless to have multiple BV setups. I'll also have to start paying attention to lab traps as I won't have 300% movespeeed anymore...hmmm...

must....resist....using......QotF.......again

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 24, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
If I get a chance to get invited again today I can also give a bunch of red/unique maps...

edit; actually wait that doesn't really matter. message me ingame @EbolaIsloveEbolaIslife and i can give maps or w/e in the next couple hours. Standard sorting from the past 3 leagues (before this one) right now so I should be around for a bit...

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 24, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Pretty much. It's been kinda fun seeing all the stuff I used before that, at the time, I considered "good".

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

funmanguy posted:

I meant reliquary key.

I forget the wording I heard but I believe Chris implied that they would drop 'anywhere' in one of the Ziggy interviews. So you would assume...

...but you can't really know with something like this until you get a direct answer. But I have been keeping my ears out for an answer.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 25, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I'm not quite sure what you are asking here...In terms of passive tree, we are getting more changes now than we have had in over a year, and 3.0 is probably going to be focusing on other things, so those changes are here to stay. In terms of meta, double dipping overhaul isn't likely to happen until 3.1. So you you want more changes now or less changes now?? In terms of items, we are getting a very large number of new changes/toys to potentially play around with - separate from the relics. They said something like 100+ changes to existing uniques, and this is going to carry through 3.0, not change again in 3.0.

The big reason to want 3.0 to come faster is massive amounts of new content, but that is independent of all the meta/theory things that you seem to lack motivation around.

That being said, many people who play this game religiously can still get burned out and skip most of a league. I usually end up playing most all of one league, then only the start of the next, and I still sink alot of hours into it. You might just be a little burnt out on the current content, your reasoning for not wanting the 2.6 meta seems...conflicting....with what we know is coming in 2.6 and what is likely not coming in 3.0

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

GGG really coulda done a better job with showing the changes than this I think. Diagrams should be very easy to read with just a glance, especially ones trying to portray something very simple, and these diagrams/captions are not quite that.

The reave one is the only one showing significant difference for the new aoe formula itself - because the gem itself has a stacking 'more' area modifier, and as a result get's an absurd amount of area buff relative to any other skill. Most of these pictures portray the base radius buffs/nerfs much more clearly than they portray the change from radius modifiers to area modifiers.

They could have led with this one and specifically used it as an example of how it changes aoe more and extreme amounts - and explained to people who don't know that reave works off a more area mechanic instead of a radius mechanic. Then later they could show pictures of changes to base radius as a separate thing. I could be wrong but I have this feeling that, if people couldn't figure it out already, this post is only going to confuse them even more.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Southpaw reave was one of the first (and last) melee skills I played into the endgame, and I had a blast with it. RIP

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Count Uvula posted:

RIP also, Vaal Fireball.

Why is this? +base radius is insanely strong and not subject to the diminishing returns of this change. Seems to me (vaal)fireball will be very good, if not even better, in the same way that the righteous fire picture demonstrates (and blade vortex as well :getin:)

Level 20 fireball will have +33% BASE radius, up to 12 from 9. Then, the jewels will give up to +4, with a max of 2 jewels, bringing that total base radius to 20. And then you can still get basically full effectiveness (relative to now) out of an aoe gem and an aoe cluster.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol @ aoe skills

projectile supremacy, apparently

This is what I am getting at - I think this reaction is very wrong and is evidence that GGG made this apparently confusing thing even more confusing. I guess I could be wrong but it seems to me only 3-4 things were really nerfed from this. Here is my read:

Reave, Melee splash, and maybe flameblast, based on the native *more* area mechanical function of the gem itself - this *more* effect makes the dimishing returns kick in too fast.

EQ, because it got a base area reduced, and also because of *more* area modifiers on the aftershock mechanic itself? Not sure about that 2nd part honestly, for the same reason I am not sure about flameblast.

Everything else area related basically seems to be:

1) about the same amount of bonuses with reasonable investment
2) diminishing bonuses with super overkill investment
3) who the gently caress cares about part 2 lol everything also got non-diminishing base radius buffs anyway, more or less overcompensating for the fact that it's less economical now to take 45% on tree AND aoe gem AND dying sun AND and aoe gear. Now you take 2 of those 4 things and you get 90% of the value for 50% of the investment.

so...buffs to most aoe...?

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5q0ofk/the_radius_range/ Flameblast mechanics too OP for this aoe "nerf".

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1amMwefZJDS1sKWoa8z8YcZbo9ssq_Fv79SJbEQP-4NA/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a flameblast one. You can plug in various base values for fireball instead, and it should still work. Some guy I was debating it with made this, I removed the flask/dying sun/enchant columns from the total's because I don't care about them and didn't know wtf he did with the flask part anyway.

Basically, if you look at area units squared, the ratio looks really bad from an old flameblast to a new one. 66% of previous, so a 33% nerf. But if you look at Radius, it's 82% of previous, so only a 18% nerf. The end radius is what matters because the only thing that determines if a monster is hit is if it's hitbox touches the circle anywhere - the extreme case being a value equal to the radius of the circle. It doesn't matter how many area units a mob inhabits, only if it is touching the circle at any one point.

Total area is now how we *modify* our abilities, but the end number that effects our gameplay is still radius, and those two numbers are separated by the exponential function in the formula for the area of a cirlce (that's the Squared part in Pi R Squared).

edit: fixed numbers a tad, didn;t realize notables 5% radius hadn't changed to 8%. Hopefully fixed link as well?

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Ultima66 posted:

As a reminder of where GGG stands on skill balance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5we130/as_everyone_expected_blade_vortex_got_massively/

(New BV is way bigger than before unless you are a Pathfinder using Dying Sun, in which case it's the same size)

IT seems to me BV used to have ~23 radius and now it will have ~26 radius, and its at ~30 radius either way with dying sun. A buff for sure, to a skill that was already top tier, but as someone who has mained BV for 3 leagues in a row now, It is my professional opinion that...it's not going to really matter. Yeah the skill didn't need it...regardless, it's not going to really matter. No one is going to either keep playing or stop using BV, and have their success or failure, riding on that 2-3 radius.

Again, I think your response is quite an exaggeration, I would love to hear a reasoned response from someone with a differing opinion of mine though. I think these changes are going to impact certain abilities, but I really don't see this as a game-changer to BV builds...either you are going to play it or not, and you are going to play the same way if you do play it, and...it won't really effect your gameplay at all.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

please knock Mom! posted:

BV didn't need a buff

I'm insanely triggered now.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Ultima66 posted:

GGG keeps putting this immense amount of effort into trying to make melee skills that require clicking on individual enemies to be comparable to the melee skills that just intrinsically hit a large area. Somehow it doesn't stand out to them that all these melee skills still suck compared to spells and bows.

Ok, but this BV buff has 0 real impact. In the same way that the glacial hammer 5% damage buff or whatever it was has 0 real impact. Both are techically buffs, and both are equally meaningless either way. BV is still t1 OP poo poo and basically just as equiviently powerful compared to other t1 OP poo poo builds, meanwhile hammer is still just flat out poo poo. The outrage over hammer I get: a real change could make the skill much more desirabe, and it's sad we didn't get that. But the outrage over BV I don't get - giving it a real, significant buff would clearly be broken, and nerfing it into the ground would not solve the problem of Glacial hammer still being poo poo, nor would it solve the problem of all the other insanely powerful clearspeed/meta builds. It would be just randomly picking on one thing at a whim.

There's alot of problems going on here if you really want to Make Glacial Hammer Great Again and member the old days for sure, I can't deny that. But people flipping out over this thing as if it has any real meaning in the context of the current game that exists right now, I still don't get you.

please knock Mom! posted:

Look, you can make a post that basically says the slight buff to BV's radius doesn't make it any more overpowered, but the point is that BV didn't need a buff.

Yeah but what is a buff if it doesn't actually change the power in any meaningful way. To me you are arguing semantics, to justify something that is basically a whine. Because in the context of 2.6, of all the different OP power clearspeed builds, and the utter poo poo of some 1.0 skill gems, this is "buff" is actually a meaningless. As opposed to a buff that actually has meaning.

The fact that BV got a pointless change when it didn't need one is not a reason to whine about bv getting a pointless change. imho. And it actively distracts from things that might be meaningful changes. What might those be? Who the gently caress knows, I'm too busy :argh: about some dumb BV thing. (personally, I'm keen on trying storm call to level with, maybe level up a melee dude and mess around with sweep/sunder. I've never used Hege's before)

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Witches will most likely want to make sure they try to prioritize life on jewels (7% max possible). I believe witch start has 20% life, templar start+devotion has another 40, quick recovery has 15%, the life/es hybird above shadow has 20%,, shadow start has 20%.

That's 115% right there, the scion life square has 50%, and you can probably get 6-7 jewel sockets as well, giving you another 50 potential. 215% potential total?

So a generic witch caster can reasonably get 150% with jewels, and approach 200% as you get close to level 90. ES is going to be easier though. Post your tree and what you want to accomplish (example: I want to play a life based witch killing mobs with ele hit, and also get 2 curses) and people around here can give you some more targeted advice.

Witch is also very close to mind over matter, which is a decent option to replace some of your life pool, especially if you are using warlord's mark or some other form of mana leech.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Seems like you are moving in the right direction, so I'll focus on this:

Lechtansi posted:

Also, I don't actually know how jewels work, so I didn't allocate for any of those.

Jewel sockets are generally strong nodes: It's not too hard to get 4-5 jewels with a "2 point" investment, and many builds can get a few more with "3 point investment" per jewel socket. In the tree whypicck1 just posted, you can see there are a number of sockets to take. You can get the sockets by 'melding' and 'quick recovery' (the life/es and life/mana nodes to the left and right of the witch start) for 3 points, which is amazing value. You can also get the socket directly above the witch start for another 2 points - also value. The nodes left of the scion life square, right of shadow start, and inside the scion start are all 3 points to get - these you might pick up eventually, if you have managed to acquire some jewels with more optimal rolls.

You generally do have to buy jewels, but with a quick poe.trade setup you can very easily aquire 2-3 mod jewels for your build for fairly reasonable prices. It's not too hard to get life% with either proj damage, damage, chaos damage, or damage over time. using a 2 mod jewel like that is already worth it, since life is hard to come by on the tree, and a 2 mod jewel for 2 skill points is basically like 2 normal nodes +10 free stats. It's really not too hard to get a 3 mod jewel as well, making them even better. They are also great to have because they can give you other flexible benefits (+10 all resist, + stats) that can make gearing up your basic mapping gear and gems much easier.

To get such jewels, setup a search similar to this:

http://poe.trade/search/ammiaritiharik

The first mod group garuntees you get life
the second mod group garuntees that you get at least 1 useful damage mod as well
I also added in a 5c maximum price, then hit search. I would then hit 'run live search' as I am playing, and the browser will play a sound alerting me if a desirable jewel shows up.

You adjust these values as you see fit to see what's out there and to adjust to your needs, but you can very easily acquire jewels that are both cheap and efficient in a new league this way. You can also add other options to fill in other needs your character has - there is a list of all the mods that apply to jewels if you ever get curious.

I usually search for jewels with Life/es, 1 damage mod, and 8-10 resist all in new leagues, and usually get 4-5 of them very easily over the first week.

A side note: I didn't look very closely at the tree and I've never played ED myself, so I can't comment much on the tree overall - but I would recommend picking up the flask nodes in the witch start for any character that goes by them, such as this one. Flasks are super strong for anyone, and those 3 points give you a noticeable boost to them.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Endgame content should be unfair. That's the whole point. It's for players who think they've mastered the game to be challenged. Especially in something like Path, which is all about learning the game's mechanics and skills and what is or isn't effective (which is why I don't like to reference builds online, but instead learn them on my own). But the Labyrinth isn't endgame, or even necessarily high-level. It's just made more difficult by some iffy mechanics.

So you are saying the "endgame labyrinth", as ggg itself has coined it on various occasions, doesn't qualify as endgame, then uhhh, well..hmmmmmmmmmmmm

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Insurrectionist posted:

It's kinda true though, if you can do the actual endgame bosses like Shaper or Uber Atziri (not even like, consistently or anything, just have a chance against them) then Uber Lab is completely trivial and you probably do enough damage to kill Izaro in about 3 seconds

I mean it's endgame the same way T3 maps are endgame. It was endgame but it's kinda gotten left behind a lot at this point.

...uber lab is like a t3 map :raise:

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Protip: Stand medium/close range to izaro even if you are a ranged build. His AI changes based on your relative position. Some attacks are either easier to see if he is near you (the slash/slams), making them actually easier to dodge in time, and other attacks just don't happen or are modified when you are in close range and are actually less threatening than they are at extreme ranges (such as the greater multiple projectile vomit).

I think a part of the mechanics of the fight are that the super ranged attack is supposed to be kinda bullshit, to force you to come close and interact with some of his other mechanics. If you dip in and out of range it's not as bad, but it can get dicey if you stay away for too long. By staying at infinite range you are trying to bypass part of the battle, and the game doesn't let you do that without a price. Seems good to me.

Similar mechanics can be found in other fights. As another example, RaizQT describes how this is relevant in the malachai fight in his most recent speed/race progression commentary.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 27, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

funmanguy posted:

You can be like me, and play standard and also shitpost.

ftfy

..just joking my friendly funman!

I will likely practice some normal runs for fun because I am part of the fortunate minority that generally enjoys leveling/racing from 0 gear.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Magus42 posted:

They've already mentioned that you'll probably just reuse the act 3 entrance as you unlock each difficulty of the labyrinth.

Yes, Chris said that there would be 3 different entrances within the lab lobby zone, which would be unlocked throughout the 10 acts.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

What are some other classes with a fun start? I've tried a couple but they're all boring compared to how quickly summoner Witch got going.

What exactly do you mean? Playing the build from the earliest possible level at high efficiency, or playing the build with as little time invested into the game as possible?

For instance, 'fireball' is not so great in act1 normal, but it's super strong later. However, generic witch/shadow/templar caster starts are insanely powerful and transition back into whatever other build you want quite easily.

Firetrap+freeze pulse 1-2 combo most everything from 100- to 0, add in flametotem/spark for single target, flame dash for movement, then firestorm and flame surge for aoe/single target. From there you are going pretty much as fast as possible until you want to switch things up. Right now, for experienced players/ladder pushing, that means switching to flameblast totems somewhere near a4 normal/a1 cruel, and going fast until maps.

I would also guess that you found summoner to feel fast because you are new to the game and don't really have very good 'mechanics' to make other builds work as well as they can. Summons kinda just do the thing for you - maybe try a totem build? I suppose they are somewhat inbetween a minionmancer and selfcast in terms of how active you have to be to make them work.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 28, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I also believe that the entropy mechanic can be reset if you don't have to roll for evade for a set period of time, which can be a useful thing to keep in mind as well.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
There won't be a merciless... :downs:

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Social Media posted:

I'll probably try to make a zombies/SRS Mon'tregul's Grasp Necromancer work at some point this league, or at least prototype it in standard if buffed Mon'tregul's will drop there too. I did some quick and probably inaccurate math to work out DPS on a 4L with a +2 minion gems helm and perfect gems. This doesn't take into account ascendancy points or passives/jewels since we don't have a final version of the 2.6 tree yet. If anyone has any suggestions on a better 4L setup or corrections to the way I applied the formulas, feel free to weigh in.

http://pastebin.com/PgtT5KQi

I believe you will be able to use a divine orb to reroll the item for the new stats as soon as the patch goes live.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
In case anyone missed this when it was streamed or the link on reddit, raiz critiques one of the press releases for 3.0. It's a pretty solid comedic tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH98oy6cIrQ

It certainly gave me a good chuckle.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
HIdden potential was my go-to leveling item, I have a feeling that might change with all the updated uniques now though. We will see.

You can get ~60 life and `30 resist with level 30 gear in basically every armor/ring slot, also have that 25% damage roll per slot as well. It was really nice. Easily carry you until lakes or maps or whatever you want.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 28, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Notes are in 12 hours
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170301T16&p0=22&msg=Content+Update+2.6.0+Patch+Notes&font=cursive

Bulldog is streaming POE.

This is good stuff

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

funmanguy posted:

if wormblast still lives, it may be in that hat.

I personally miss seeing multiple iterations of that build every league, with GGG constantly destroying it and it just refusing to give up.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765

THEY'RE HERE BOYS

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Sure glad I got a legacy reach on the last day of prophecy!

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Books On Tape posted:

What's something good and tanky that's not totems that can clear poo poo fast?

CI+anything fotm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
http://www.pathofexile.com/

countdown timer on the front page - noon pacific

• Locked thread