Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mezzanine posted:

Getting Poe Dameron up to speed is fun. His Taunt puts the "Exposed" on all enemies, then follow up with any area damage character, no matter how weak, to drop the entire enemy team HP by 20%.
Plus, Poe Dameron was awesome in the film. I would say to go see it if you haven't, but c'mon, if you're reading a thread about this game, you've already seen it at least once.

Also, I'm going F2P as far as possible in this game, so I'll probably never get to use him, but just look at the skills for Kylo Ren. Goddamn, what a beast. What the hell is "Retribution"?

I've had Kylo show up in the "Allies" selection before and he is really, really strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Throwing my ally code out: 332-858-457.

Arena is really fun and seems to be a very good way to get crystals.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dooku is a complete pain and I have no way to really counter him yet. Is there any solid method? I'd guess Old Ben or Luke would be a good way to shut him down quickly.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mezzanine posted:

To deal with counter-attackers:

1) Stun them. Luke is good for this.
2) If possible, hit them with your tank(s) instead of your squishies to avoid losing team members.
3) DOTs (Talia, etc)
4) Use procs or buffs that don't damage them at the same time. Just some of the top of my head
- Poe's Taunt procs with Expose. Follow up with a big hit hoping for a one-shot kill
- Dooku himself, as well as Old Daka, can stun indirectly if you're lucky
- Phasma's buff doesn't do damage. Again, buff then hit him hard.

It really sucks if you're in Campaign and he's all that's left, forcing you to attack him with everyone so that he scrapes away valuable HP and may even take one of your guys with him :(

Yeah. He just wrecks me in Galactic War, which is a complete pain. Going to farm Luke, I think, to see about a counter. May make a group just to kill him if he shows up, then throw my good group against the rest.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

commish posted:

Yah there's a video of the FO pilot one shotting Vader. It's pretty crazy.

Noticed how crazy powerful he is in GW, too. Seems to be have pretty low HP at least.

Looking at future editions to the game, I'm guessing they'll add space combat or vehicle combat, judging by the Hutt in the top right. That'd be interesting. Wonder what the Three Heads thing'll be?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 27, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

commish posted:

Haha every time I get a new friend request, I think "nooooo I lost in arena".

Same. I go and double check names in the thread most of the time, but it's almost always an Arena thing.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Just pulled CT-5555 "Fives" from a Bronze. Is he any good? He seems like he could be, but unsure if I want to invest in him right now.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Pimpmust posted:

From facing Fives he's Kinda like a better FO stormtrooper? His basic got a speed debuff and he gets counter, so any attack against him that trigger counter also applies the speed debuff. Guessing he's real good with Phasma and/or more Clones.

Cool, thank you. I think I'll put some effort into him and see how he goes. His counter speed debuff could play really nicely. Also, Sidious is such an incredible character - really digging how versatile and robust he is.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

A lot of people say Old Daka because she's darkside and a healer and quite good. I think Fives looks interesting too but you probably need Old Daka.

I got incredibly lucky and got Fives in a Bronze. He is pretty great - tanky, but no taunt. His basic has a slow which applies a lot and his secondary is an assist move. Finally, he has a counterattack which is pretty good. I'd say go for Daka first, but Fives is good so far. I just wish he had an actual taunt.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Created a google spreadsheet. Link in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

It's easier to read a spreadsheet than a series of posts. Everyone with a link can edit it, so the link is hidden in private game servers.

Nice idea. Added my name. Still actively playing, although the grind is getting a bit tedious.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Created a google spreadsheet. Link in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

It's easier to read a spreadsheet than a series of posts. Everyone with a link can edit it, so the link is hidden in private game servers.

Cleared out my in-game allies list and re-added a load of people. If anyone else wants to add me, throw 332-858-457 on. Lookin' forward to guilds for co-operative grinding.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Aadoniel posted:

Deleting all my cultivated high powered non-SA friends was rough but it's for the greater good. Kaschei bless you for running Greedo as your leader. It makes my Boba Fett lead team sing. I'm currently leveling my own Greedo, but he's not too powerful without synergy bonuses.

Seconding the praise for a Greedo leader.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I think it's the last one you used in a particular area, so you actually have the potential to donate 3 different characters: dark side, light side, cantina. Maybe challenges too?

I wish it'd just let you either pull from their team, or their entire roster. Or, heck. Let the player decide "Five" characters people can pull from. That'd be cool.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

About to get Geno Solider to 7 stars. Wondering who to work on next from that section. Thinking either Luke (Currently 5 / 7) or Old Ben. Working on Qui-Gon from shipments, Han (Almost 6 / 7) from Arena and Poggle from Galactic War, too.

Any suggestions or changes recommended? Sid, Lumin and Daka are all 7/7.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

You can get IG86 and Dooku from Squad Cantina, both probably better than Luke. Also Barriss

Ah, I forgot you could get Dooku from it! Thanks for reminding me - going to work on getting him.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Don't get Luke unless you are a big fan of Mark Hamill or just can't stand bugs, Geo soldier beats him on every front :(

Geno Solider is a fantastic dude, too. Got him 7/7 now and he's all about wrecking stuff.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Doubled rewards are always fantastic

That they are. Nice.

The new events are pretty neat, too. Easy money, ability mats and whatever omega is.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Guilds patch coming out this Sunday.

Cool.

Do we have a guild name thought out yet?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

"Ima Goon Di"

I like this one. That, or something involving Whales.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

The Goon Strikes Back.

Revenge of the Goon.

Wait, no

The Goon Awakens

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

They see me Whalin'
They hatin'

Something about Whale's would be good but I don't know how we'd Star Warifiy it.

Star Whales?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Honest Sal's Discount Whale Store

Syrinxx posted:

Spock's Cylon Browncoats

I like this one a lot, but it should be Doctor Spock's Cylon Browncoat School for Wizardry and Witchcraft.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CaptainAssholay posted:

Goon One: A Whale Story

This has my vote. I will not change it. This is the best.

Also: Stormtrooper Han seems like a really good tank with his turn meter stuff. Just wish he didn't have such a variable main attack.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

He's the least tanky of the taunters, though maybe he improves at gear 9. I've been building him up as a backup if RG gets nerfed.

Guild name: You got Midichlorians in my Jar-Jar.

But he does feed turn meter to everybody when he takes damage, which is pretty great.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I agree, he has what is probably the strongest ability associated with his taunt. However, at gear 9, my royal guard has twice as much health + protection.

Ah, right. Yeah. I should seriously work on my RG then. But first, Han.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Am I the only one that still likes Poe?

Poe is cool and I want to get him eventually, but Gin Jedi has priority.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Ok, I'll get started on it and put a first draft up here sometime this week.

Nice.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Decided to use some crystals I'd collected to buy a 4x box. Man, do I regret doing that. No full character and just shards for lovely ones.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Slightly Toasted posted:

I've done this a few times and it's literally the same garbage every time.

There's no reason to ever buy and it's almost like the game wants you to be ashamed of your decision.

I normally just buy a single one every now and then and I've gotten the special cone dude and Han from that. Go for a four? Junk.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

ugnaught,

This little dude has to be the worst character in the game. Wonder if he'll go through a metamorphosis and become something special?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I'm amazed they added guild chat and that it.. works? Also thanks for the invite!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Saitorr posted:

Whoever's maintaining that spreadsheet, you're doing a bang up job.

Agreed. Superb work.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Twigand Berries posted:

What does this mean? Is it a chance for one of these things or do you get all five things?

You'll get five drops and it's either poo poo -or- not poo poo? Or you have a chance at five drops that are poo poo -or- not poo poo!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CaptainAssholay posted:

The raid is interesting, I found that Dakka was huge in dealing with the two side guards as she was stunning them pretty consistently and rezzing my dps that dropped during the fight. I don't even have her at 7 stars and she was more effective than my higher level / 7 star units.

Found the same. I did so much damage my first attempt because of her. Way less the second.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Posted there. Same issue.

Goonsercution!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

EA_Jesse posted in the thread, saying they'll look into it.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

overseer07 posted:

Yeah, this is annoying. How can just or guild be affected?

Databases are weird and mysterious creatures that can go wrong for very odd reasons. Who knows, though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Glad to hear it's getting fixed. Props to them for being on top of it.

And also affecting other guilds now. We spread the love? Lack of being able to get Arena refreshes today is going to suck a ton, though. Hope we don't miss the daily login reward..

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 28, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hughlander posted:

Meh, if it's not done today I'll probably fall out of the funnel. Losing the daily login reward for the first time since Nov and just not logging in for 36-48 hours will be enough to break my addiction. Though I hope we get our guild gems back for the Rancor raid not being able to finish it is a bad sad.

Losing the Login Reward this late in a month after getting every single one is reeeeally obnoxious. I hope they can fix that for us, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

I'm actually really curious what could have happened to make just our guild not be able to log on. I'm sure we broke something but I'd love to know how.

It does seem to be another guild too, now. Still. Go us?

• Locked thread