Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Green Intern posted:

If the woman is also a dog, then what does that mean?
She's just taking her little brother for a walk, nothing weird about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

That reminds me, where did the Creeps reruns go?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kith_groupie posted:

Bullshit, pluggers don't exercise at gyms. At the most they go and sit in the sauna at the Eagles Hall before the fish fry while their wives play bingo.
Now now, it's still January. Barely over a week since the year changed, they might still be sticking to their new years resolutions about getting in shape.

Calaveron posted:

Remember Kevin and Kell
I'd rather not.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RandomFerret posted:

Pooch Café

This does not address the discrepancy in vacuum cleaner designs and you drat well know it.
Every single T-800 looked exactly the same, man. And they weren't designed for going back in time, they were designed for infiltrating survivor enclaves. The Vacunator not blending in very well is absolutely part of the joke.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shugojin posted:

I wonder if anyone has sent Batiuk hatemail pointing out that antimatter and matter actually attract one another yet.
Aren't the properties of antimatter "Behaving exactly like matter, except it explodes if it contacts matter"?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (February 27, 1943)

... Are those panels out of order?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... What the hell is this about?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Spider is going to get his face wrecked by Basil.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (September 2, 1929)

Castor is obviously up to something, but he's still being a dick by not telling his family and co-conspirator what the hell it is. I think we'll all miss him when he's finally bounced out of this strip.
Castor clearly deposited the money in a bank account or ten before Herringbone ever showed up.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Geomancing posted:

Heading into a new story this week, we peer into the alternate universe where video game arcades haven't vanished. Anyone know of any around that aren't a Dave and Buster's?
There's allegedly one at the mall near me. I need to go check it out sometime.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (September 20, 1929)

It occurs to me we haven't seen the guy try to teach Popeye at all. Just ask him poo poo that if he knew he wouldn't need a loving tutor.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

spookygonk posted:

Hold on, figs are full of digested wasps?
The life cycle of figs involves a wasp crawling into the flower and dying there, from what I remember.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ensign_Ricky posted:

All those images are showing as broken for me, don't know about anyone else.
Xomf apparently doesn't like https.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Darkest Auer posted:

Classic Dilbert

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Huh. Google indicates that "precipitate" can, technically, be used in that situation.

Technically.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who looked that up.
I was planning on trying to make fun of mceldowny by pasting the dictionary definition. But it turns out technically it has an adjective definition which technically fits? But I would bet money that when actually used for that definition it still isn't used like that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hobnob posted:

What? It seems every so often I just don't have a clue what Arlo & Janis is trying to do.
A nature sound is making Arlo remember when he was a kid.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

STOPIT posted:

haha yeah there's no punchline better than "preemptively assassinating former President George W. Bush would have fixed things"

Jesus Christ.
You're aware that "Idiot" is in the title right?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

LordPants posted:

Man I don't know, Wahoo Terminal is alright by me.
It's an improvement over pibgorn for sure. But if we're gonna see it I'd rather have seen the original strips rather than these redrawn ones.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I like how the elixir in this Moomin story was water, honey, and pepper.

And it actually does something.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Darkest Auer posted:

Ok, so right now we've had high-speed chases with slavers(?), bombs, claustrophobic dungeons, collapsing bridges (with sexy poses) and lakes of doom. What's next? Subterranean civilizations? More awful blending of clip-art and actual drawings? Dragons? Gelatinous cubes?
My money's on this one.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bioluminescient fungi.

I'm not kidding this is the explanation they used.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

I love that my reason of the first suspect because the curtain is missing and he could've used it to drag the body out to his car for dumping was correct but only in the sense that it's because apparently gunshots simultaneously possess enough force to splatter blood in a very narrow beam behind the victim onto a sole fabric item but too little force to damage the glass window it hangs in front of.
Everybody knows it's easier and faster to replace a window than a curtain. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Andorra posted:

Try this image size.

Intelligent Life
Yeah this seems like the best option to me.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Four (August 5-8, 1954)

... Did Mr. Schulz ever own a dog? Because that does not seem consistent with dog behavior to me.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SomeMathGuy posted:

The same way Crankshaft can take place ten years prior to Funky Winkerbean while simultaneously sharing identical technology standards: Batiuk is a hack.
Look, that's very simple. Crankshaft takes place in the present.

Funky Winkerbean takes place 10 years later, in the present.

I don't understand what the problem is. :confused:

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Wait is this an Inspector Danger that gives you what you need to solve the puzzle in the strip??? what's going on here im scared

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wanamingo posted:

That pancake record seems like a pretty simple thing to beat, provided you actually want to put in the effort of making that many.
Pancakes do not strike me as the best building material, unless you're cheating and making them differently from ones you'd make for people to eat.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

I come from a country that puts kebab meat and fries on a pizza without a hint of shame, but coleslaw? Really, Funkelbean?
I think it's supposed to be taken as a really bad idea for a pizza.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

But that would actually hint at a comical intent, how does that work? I thought this comic was all about smug smiles and bittersweet life-lessons.
The old man is losing his faculties and proposing obviously terrible ideas for pizza. His one-time friends simply look on with disgust.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

You're not paying attention to the important part: the video is him consorting with a known and wanted criminal. The result would have been the same if the video was of the two of them playing a friendly game of chess or something, he's still a policeman fraternizing with a wanted fugitive.
Of course, I'm pretty sure that the reaction shouldn't have been "Tracy ur fired" but "Has anybody seen Clayface Putty Puss recently?"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Doug... doing a thing? what the gently caress is this.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

For some reason.
Yeah I'm not sure why Doctor Strange would do that.

As a reminder, his name is Stephen Vincent Strange, and he's a retired surgeon. Doctor Strange is not his superhero title it's his name. I think he's even listed in the phone book.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

root posted:

The Locher strips had a manic, almost dream-like quality to them. I remember the crappy pacing of the dailies made it seem like that one guy got ran over several times by the same steamroller...
Wasn't there a sequence where a guy got out of a cab like five or six times?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dordreff posted:

Wait, wasn't this stupid book specifically about the mafia lady's museum? Why would all these museums be buying up something that's basically an advertisement for a different museum? I mean, I know the real answer is "the entire world operates so that it is most advantageous to the Morgans" but still, gently caress off.
I don't know, why would a bunch of museums be buying a book about a mafia boss' museum?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

I love this comic.
Dude looks amazingly good for something that required that level of bandaging.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

Hospital nurses then, as now, had important poo poo to be getting on with and don't have time to coddle patients' poor little baby feelings.

Again, this dude should be grateful his horrible chemically burned face that required full-head bandages for treatment looks this good. :argh:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

Someone tell me I'm reading this wrong and the police force in Dick Tracy doesn't really tattoo prisoners with numerical IDs as a general rule.
Putty Puss is the guy whose gimmick is being able to make himself look like other people.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Recognizable food that isn't a vague abstract representation of a sandwich?

Are you sure this is Mary Worth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Why did Xandu go here? What was his plan?

• Locked thread