Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPE3p4kLgL8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Hey young people! Did you know that the modern things you're into are actually lame and stupid, and the things that boomers did when they were your age are much more enjoyable?

gently caress this comic.

I've run into quite a few Boomers whose thought process is, "Everything Boomers did was wonderful and we changed the world when our parents wouldn't. We single handedly stopped the Vietnam war with our protesting. We were the best ever." My mom is one of them but my dad, thankfully, wasn't. They just can't handle that they are now old and irrelevant, after being the spoiled child for whom the world revolved around for decades.

But please, Dustin author, tell us how millennials are spoiled with our Facebook and toy drones.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

I don't know which is worse, the dad's holier-than-thou attitude about Millennials or that the writer puts Baby Boomer attitudes in Dustin's (a Millennial) mouth.

I bet Dustin's dad watches Big Bang Theory, laughs and says, "That Sheldon is just like my son!"

EasyEW posted:

Oh, and they invented sex, they never let you forget that. Apparently before the boomers, humans reproduced by cellular division. My mom dodged a bullet by not figuring out she was one of them until she was in her 60s, and by then she was too old to care.

They're also the only people who suffered during the turbulent year of 1968 when political figures were being assassinated, as well as the JFK assassination. And the only ones hurt and confused during the race riots as well. Won't someone please think of the young Baby Boomers who had to watch this stuff happen on television?!

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Nenonen posted:

I don't understand that Dustin. What type of mouth breather does it take to have difficulty using a debit/credit card reader?

I always seem to be in line behind someone who has trouble with a regular debit/credit card reader, never mind the new chip technology.

"I can't read what it says."
"Oops, I pressed the wrong button and have to do it over."
"I keep pressing the button but it isn't doing anything. Oh, wait there it goes."
"Oops I pressed credit when I meant debit."
"Oops I pressed debit when I meant credit."
Or the person just stands there forever, oblivious, before the cashier tells them the machine wants them to do something. Etc.

Kratom, herbal, helps with opioid addiction (as well as pain), but the DEA is making it a Schedule I drug, in the same category as heroin, by September 30th. Can't cut in to those sweet, sweet Vicodin profits.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

RolandTower posted:

Have you read the Kratom thread in TCC? It helps with opiate addiction because it's an addictive opiate. Kind of like opium, another herbal extract that quells opiate withdrawal.

I stand corrected. I will have to check the thread out then.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Trilobite posted:

Well, gently caress, apparently it's moving around; so much for my first theory.

Tunicate's probably right and it's a dream sequence. Or maybe some "Jacob's Ladder" thing.

Please let it be like Jacob's Ladder. I know it won't be but it would be wonderful.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Did they skip a panel or a couple of lines?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze realizes it's made a mistake.

He acts like someone dumped a baby on their laps. Where has he been for the past nine months?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Green Intern posted:

So I guess GoComics put a character limit on comments?

Good to know that they seem to compare their creepy observations about LuAnn on par with the Gettysburg Address.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do you think Dad would be less angry if everyone was engrossed in a book instead of electronic devices

He will always find some way, somehow, to feel smug.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Her preschool teacher is invited, but not Luann's whipping boy who designed and constructed a full dress in no time at all.

Wait, that doesn't sound right

So A Woman That That Hottie Knew When She Was A Child Can Come But Not Gunther That Poor Guy Will Never Enjoy Any Of Luann's Nubile Bosoms Hmm

Yeah but Toni and/or Brad know the people they are inviting. They don't know Gunther or most of Luann's friends.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

What costume is that supposed to be? Also, stop slouching.

From what I remember she bought the dress to go on dates. She hasn't been on a date in forever so this party is an excuse to wear the dress.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Death Ray posted:

Scott Adams has gone off the deep end...or has he??

Confessions of a Paid Hillary Operative

It's like how some people just snapped because of 9/11. Adams has snapped because a woman is being elected President.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Adams snapped before then

Most others do too. But something sets them off and they refuse to hide their shitiness anymore. Orson Scott Card comes to mind.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

"Ralph, remember the time you thought you saw Snagglepuss?"
"He was going to the bathroom."

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQuuvtOuVLE

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Slammy posted:

Andy Capp (October, 1970, click for big)

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Some things aren't worth dyeing for.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Is that gum? Is that gum? Is that gum?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Nenonen posted:

But the head would have had severedly limited mobility, like it's not going to thrust itself through the air to bite his jugular vein like in a bad good horror film. So either he misplaced his fingers so that it could snap its jaws on him, which is possible in a busy restaurant, or he cut the head off with enough of body muscles still on it that it could twitch around and then bite him.

Coming up next on Kitchen Nightmares...

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

Enough with this poo poo, Stephen. It got old years ago.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

So what do you think the Evans' intention is here? Are we meant to see this as Jonah actually agreeing to pitch in and do something nice for Toni for once and picking a job that plays to his strengths? Or are we meant to read it as him deciding that remodeling isn't for him and picking an easy job to get out of working? I think painting walls is a pain in the rear end, but I can go either way as far as how we are meant to perceive this.

Who is Jonah? Toni's brother?

For a minute, with yesterday's strip, I thought he was a guy dressed as a woman.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

How do you get whales inside a building? I mean, I kind of figure they weren't blue whales but still.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (Sept. 7, 1994)

A pretty good prediction of Baby Boomers loving things up for younger generations.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

It feels insane to say this in a thread that houses those awful Working Daze nerds and the entire cast of Nancy, but I think Luann's parents are the least likable characters in comics.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze can get hosed.

No, the people in Working Daze are much worse than Luann. Bunch of right-wing nutjobs who are ecstatic that "The Donald" is going to be President and a new father who would probably forget to take care of his newborn child in order to watch new episodes of Dr. Who.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Also it's not like the ceremony can start without them.

"We had to start without you. Congratulate the new couple, TJ and Luann!"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHdDxKy2QW0

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

She already did?

quote:

Bizarro

Registered pedophile reported at park dressed as snowman.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat. Especially if they have to work the next day.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

I grew up listening to the oldies station that my folks listened to and listening to their records, but I was a weird kid with a lot of mental health issues. What are Nancy's and Fritz's excuses?

I was the same way and didn't start listening to my own music until I was nine or ten. I guess that makes two weird kids with mental health issues.

"Oh no. How bad is it?"
"Mr. Adams is a Trump supporter."

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

How does EB White raise spiders in a barn in Maine located in NYC? Am I reading this wrong?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Nenonen posted:

It's official, the Rex Morgan devil girl died and now haunts other cartoons :cry:

I believe that's Wednesday Addams.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Calaveron posted:

If I ever met a man who willingly goes by Corky and he's not a seven foot tall lumberjack who works in the cork making industry I will punch him in the face

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Kennel posted:

[b]Nancy

When I read Nancy, I lose hope. I don't gain it.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

The leg lamp from A Christmas Story is mass produced now and not original anymore, so stop looking so drat smug about it.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

]

Too soon. :(

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

A collection of tribute comics dedicated to Carrie Fisher. Some are as awkward as you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

I find it interesting that none of Momma's own family members are there.

Ghostlight posted:

lmao what a poo poo half-hearted tribute.

It was only Carrie Fisher. If she had been in Doctor Who it would have been different.

• Locked thread