Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Floodkiller posted:

When are we getting a 7th Saga run as the JRPG finisher? I'd much rather watch the terror of dodging certain death encounters using the radar system and listening to Vacuum 2 on repeat than another Final Fantasy run...

At least we've got Lagoon.

God, is it even possible to speedrun that game? You can barely beat it after hours of grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Violently Car posted:

Ugh, I forgot about the neverending "my third cousin once removed had mega cancer so here's 20 dollars to kick cancer's butt" donations. I've been depressed lately so I don't need that poo poo.

I really wish they'd just add a donation ticker or something for the small stuff, cause the event is so drat big that barely of them will get read anyway. Not to mention they need way better curation because sometimes some random guy will take up like 2 minutes telling his life story over a $5 donation, and there are loads of really tasteless or unfunny donations that get read out.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SWMadness posted:

I've never seen a Super Mario Kart run, are there crazy glitches in it?

I think some tracks you can finish in under 5 seconds

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Cubey posted:

Double Dash is a very acceptable answer for best Mario Kart, it's really fuckin good.

8 is probably the best 'no nonsense' straight-up racing Mario Kart

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Cubey posted:

If you are looking for no nonsense why the gently caress are you playing Mario Kart

I meant no weird-rear end gimmicks like Double Dash. There's plenty of the good kind of nonsense.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kingdom Hearts is still the most baffling concept to me. Who decided "let's make Final Fantasy but put loving Disney characters in it". Any semblance of seriousness or drama flies out the window when you have Donald Duck quacking about whatever, not to mention THE DRAMATIC DEATH OF GOOFY. gently caress YOU FF7, gently caress YOU AERIS. GOOFY IS THE MOST TRAGIC FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER EVER

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What is this music

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

are you talking about the shovel knight first stage music

Yes

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This one guy's voice is awful

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Hercules choked

Choked to death, looks like. RIP

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Why'd they just stop? Technical issues?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Monicro posted:

Shouldn't it have started like a half hour ago? did something run over or something

They were behind a few minutes already because of longer-than-expected runs, but then there were horrible stream problems during the Metroid Prime run that added a good 10 extra minutes or so.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I love the guy on the bottom left whose eyes start darting around as he realizes what is being said

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Your Computer posted:

At least we can hear the hilarious sound effects again, best part of Mario Maker.

AUUAUUUUUUUUUGH

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

LET'S GO, TRIHEX

seriously, trihex. go

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Everyone is a winner when there is :shittydog:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

how many mario tilesets are there in mario maker?

there's SMB, SM3, SMW, and NSMBW, with overworld, underground, castle, ghost house, airship, and underwater for each

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

it's all ogre

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

i like this guy furiously seatjacking bearded guy

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Cowman posted:

he's gotta be a friend and is saving it for him

oh I know but he basically fell over to get on that chair, it was hilarious

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

You really think the audience will stay silent if one of them defeats Tyson and waits for the second one?

There's no way they're beating Tyson blindfolded

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hey mods can you ban that guy who said they wouldn't beat him blindfolded? Thanks.

i wasn't aware there were new strats

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Oyster posted:

Quoting for posterity.

You are a good poster. I have a friend that was going to ignore you to meet your goal, but I can't bear to ignore poo poo like this.

Greetings from Yugoslavia.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anatharon posted:

I know OoT is always good, but is Majora's Mask anywhere near as good? Haven't seen it at AGDQ before.

Similar principles, different tricks. Since it's 100% I guess you'll see all of them.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

nerdbot posted:

Master Quest was a good idea to change it up from normal OoT

Have there actually been any functional differences though? Almost all the dungeons are skipped wholesale

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Diddie posted:

All the wrong warps

Looking for warps in all the wrong places

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Erata posted:

But can these petty baubles ward off cancer? What about Germanic cancer?!

Greetings from Hell, Michigan

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I like how the donation ticker is still showing the Majora's Mask filename votes

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mmmmm I sure love forced video game analogies to cancer

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Paused posted:

America isn't the whole world you ignorant gently caress. Some of us are just skipping work in the middle of the afternoon.

Greetings from Hong Kong.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

texasmed posted:

Has there ever been a race where one player had hidden tech that allowed him to save a couple minutes over his rivals?

All I can think about now is that one Counter-strike tournament where one team found this secret exploit to climb over part of the map and see the enemy team's spawn, and saved it until the tournament where they won effortlessly

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kill the Germany.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

congrats for a gorillion dollars

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

eat your greens

bleugh

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

does he have cancer? because cancer sucks

Greetings from Tasmania.

e: gently caress

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Greetings from Liberty Island.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I forgot how ridiculously long it takes for that room to rumble

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I love jokes that aren't funny at all

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Skuj is several minutes behind Andy at this point, right?

He's about to fight Agahnim 1 while Andy is nearly at the last Light World boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

I was hoping Andy would stumble around for ten minutes and turn it into a race again.

It's really obvious he's stalling to show off tricks and making 'mistakes' and give skuj a chance to catch up, but he's so far ahead it's not even funny

Like I hope they mercykill skuj cause he is at least 10 minutes behind

• Locked thread