Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I have decided that picking up nerds and slamming them around as Destroyer will be my go to way to have fun in this game. Goodness that feels fun, even at level like 7.

I got kind of bored with destroyer rather quickly, to be honest. It spices things up a bit when you get the spinning piledriver later, but having so little variety in attacks wears out its welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If your desire to name yourself Goku is pure and true and not for ironic purposes, then I believe you will get the name.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do force masters have anything cool like the destroyer piledriver or assassin izuna drop?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone by chance know if saved character gen templates from the beta tests will be available when it goes live? I'm guessing not since they're probably local and it's a fresh install, especially if you uninstalled the beta client like they recommend. I should have thought to check that beforehand.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Krakatoah posted:

Eh, I'll probably end up getting that because I'm an impatient baddie.

Embrace consumerism to fill the emptiness inside you.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder how many people tried to make Bowie.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/search/info?c=Bowie

Come on, somebody has to.

That being said, this is the best name holy poo poo: http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=Girthquake%20Clamhamme&s=103

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

IRSmurf posted:

Reminds me of: https://youtu.be/eoPw7WwbD-M?t=1110

Oh, it's that kind of game:

A shameful 31% gloss.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im going to be special and have 0% oil on both bars

Then why would you even bother playing?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your character must be at least as greasy as you are.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So it's sounding like if you just want to oil up and fart around for a bit, better to do it on a peasant server?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

Wow, that's a little cheap of them.

Cash shop items can't even be sent to other characters on the account. GW2 at least got that right with its wardrobe.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Probably best to just play on Ol Dirty Cho or something until the first couple weeks are over. Just don't buy anything from the cash shop unless they add transfers I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Karistar posted:

I've read that there are gold spammers on Mushin already, taking up that valuable population slot. I hope they boot them out as soon as they turn up in there.

To tempt people out of Mushin and Windrest, NCWest has put up an alternate but one-off solution if you wish it:
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/147311-item-transfers-off-high-queue-servers/
Kind of wish they'd raise the population limit instead, though.

Personally I'd stay on Mushin if you already got your Founders Pack stuff opened in there, despite the huge queue times.

I wonder if this might just end up overburdening some other server. Though the gold spammers probably won't do it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, it hit me as well. I guess that's one way to deal with too many people trying to log in.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do you no longer get the masked hongmoon outfit after paying respects to your dead squirrel buddy, or did I miss or forget something?

Edit: Wait never mind, it's a separate quest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mazed posted:

Downloaded this to play with the character creation. I think I succeeded in making a lady with a pretty real-looking grappler build, in abject spite of what this game desperately wants you to look like.

I tried oiling up, but even the lowest amount short of none was just kinda gross to look at. So no thank you (but at least I have a somewhat dirty, greasy complexion).

So,

1. Are there a good assortment of somewhat not shameful outfits for Kung Fu Masters?

2. Are the servers with goon guilds still a giant pain to get into?

Might try stepping in for real sometime this week, if it ain't too bad.

If you hop into the game and hit F3 you can preview most outfits in the game on your current character or a generic one for the other races. That being said, Gon is probably not the best choice if you don't want boobs and/or half your rear end hanging out.

Also any outfit you choose will of course be shameful by default due to lack of oil.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 20, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Linux Nazi posted:

Goddamn this game is pretty sometimes.

I think 90% of assassins use that hair.

I do too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I farmed the lair of the yutaty for that outfit. Max level doesn't matter in MMOs. It's all about max fashion.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

What is it that people don't like about Destroyers? They seem to catch a lot of flak in the cesspools that are faction and region chat.

They kinda feel a bit one dimensional to play, but that is probably not what they are complaining about. More likely it's just people not liking being cced.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Old Man Cho has a long queue even for premium now. I was afraid that was going to happen. They really need to add server transfers or something.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I always found it a bit odd that a guy in the middle of the bamboo guard-protected village will trade you something for tokens you get from killing bamboo guard.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Karistar posted:

Unfortunately though that's where 'PVE-PVP' ends. There isn't a NPC doing a similar service for Stratus-Tyrian and Talus-Skyhaven warfare in their respective zones, so other than constantly killing NPCs constantly to provoke some kind of response (if people aren't just channel switching), there isn't really a reason to be running around in those outfits other than wanting to look like it.

Wait, you can't even get that outfit without players to kill? Or can you still get the tokens from NPCs? The other version of it is just killing Gwon a lot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lusung is a big baby and I can't wait to beat him up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Amante posted:

Absolutely. I know it's Wuxia cheese, but I really want to wreck Lusang's poo poo. Same goes for that assassin chick in the evil entourage, but that may be because my PC is an assassin and she's acting like she's better than me :shrug:

Well I mean she is.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well after the chi master was announced in the korean version they mention that a very requested class was going to be added this year in the korean version so thats going to be a gun wielder or a bowman. Watch it be a spear man instead :shepface:

Spears are very cool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like Soha, and agree that adding a gunner class would be cool. They should use the music from that cutscene more.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 25, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GaylordButts posted:

How long can guild names be? "Jay Wilson did nothing wrong"

Only one space allowed, and at any rate that would likely be too long.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

Well I mean it is. It's still an MMO.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think some people a while back were saying to use the nvidia controls for things like antialiasing rather than the game's. Maybe I'm doing something really stupid, but in the manage 3d settings part of the nvidia control panel, the changes I make seem to be getting reset whenever I change a different option.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 31, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciate the idea of loot auctions, but god drat do they double the length of every dungeon run.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, Dura just refuses to drop her costume. Thankfully destroyers are made for farming mini dungeons and each run only takes like 4 minutes, but still.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GW2 had a good idea with what passed for quests generally having multiple ways to contribute to or complete them, but then they kinda said gently caress it and most became just farming mobs for a while. Best solution I think is just making sure a player is rewarded sufficiently for doing some non-prescribed objective of their choice. Like if I want to farm a boss for a thing they drop, don't screw me out of exp or money beyond just the natural curve for continuing to do it to try to move me to the next quest. I'll stop and move on on my own once I've accomplished that objective. This game sort of does that with the mini dungeons and how you will always get the base reward, and I've got options and dumplings for days, though the money and exp drop off pretty quickly.

I think quests as a motivation to grind have lost what lustre they ever had. The veneer of a reason to grind something you weren't interested in has worn off.

That being said, botting kind of hampers the whole rewarding players for doing what their personal objective is thing.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 1, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God drat you Dura, don't you do this to me again tonight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dura wins again tonight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You have beaten me again tonight, Dura. I'm beginning to think there is some special condition you have to meet to get her costume to drop, and I'm not meeting it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

This has probably been asked of you but you are a female gon, correct?

Yes, though apparently it can drop for any race/gender. Rnjesus is just not favoring me I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As soon as I started yelling about it, I got the helmet. Thanks RNG Goddess.

If only that would work for me and Dura's outfit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of cosmetic monetization, something I've never quite understood is why more companies don't do things where you can pay like 50%ish more for a cosmetic item for a full account unlocked version. Of course I don't have the actual sales data to back this up, but it would not surprise me if you'd get more out of people who would pay that premium than people who would buy the same item for more than one character. The only one I know of that has actually done this is Tera, and even then only for mounts. Give me an option to pay an extra 50% to get an outfit on all my characters and that's an extra 50+% money you're getting out of me.

But then I guess the video game industry has always thought that the person who would pay for an all you can eat buffet would pay for all that food individually if the all you can eat was not an option.

Also basically every monetization or time waster decision (salvaging being #1 here along with abysmal drop rates for things with literally no value) in this game is based in the idea that people are playing it in net cafes.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Schubalts posted:

That is some inhuman animation cancelling.

I wish animation canceling like that was not a thing. I primarily play destroyer lately, though just in pve, and it's annoying and not particularly interesting to do. Also frustrating given how the game is frequently laggy and unresponsive. I know it's there for ~high skill ceiling~, but I'd rather not have to be bothered.

Maybe I'm just getting too old.

• Locked thread