Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Catsworth posted:

I had a thought. Can Summoners name their pets? Can you get a top hat and/or monocle and maybe fancy suit to equip your cat with?

This is important.

So will you name your cat Catsworth or Johnny Cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Schubalts posted:

You can also buy/find clothes and hair for your cat.

Waiting for the blue version so every warlock on the server makes Catsune Miku

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Be sure to post all of the drama that happens in this thread so that those of us playing dragon's dogma instead can live vicariously through all of you

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Hahaha gently caress me.
I just bought Dragon's Dogma as well.
RIP my butt.

The real victory in the games coming out in January is for character creators that let you create monsters, I feel. There's this, black desert, and dragon's dogma. That's a lot of monsters in the making.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

fadam posted:

Black Desert is coming out in January?

Also, we're rolling on Mushin, right?

Well, they did CBT stuff before january I think, so still counts :colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I can't wait to see what horrifying monster I play and name Literal Fetish after I finish playing the poo poo out of dragon's dogma

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

looks like it already broke itself

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

KFM is extremely reactive and all about good counter timing. If you want the proactive melee class, you're looking at assassin because their effectiveness lies in how well you can set up before a fight starts. I'm not super sure, but if you feel like getting your furry midget on you can do a blade dancer too. I think that's suppose to be a fun burst damage class.

I got blade dancer to 15ish, it's pretty fun so far. Up to this point you can just right click and obliterate basically anything in one focus bar, or tab a lot and obliterate entire groups in less than one focus bar. Or chi. Or whatever the yellow orbs are.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

jaffyjaffy posted:

Alright that's helpful. I guess I don't need to be on Mushin at least right away.

I thought I would be able to get in now fine while everyone is at work, but here I am at position 360ish with 222 minutes remaining according to the magicial koreagame timer. I bet all servers are just as bad so I'll probably just sit in the queue until I get in.

Oh wow 360, low roller here.

Yesterday we found out that the queue maxes at 5000 people and will just not let you queue if it goes above that.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

What's the status of the Old Man Cho guild? I'm gonna make a KFM so I'll put it on a second server so I can be in two goon groups at once.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Clairetic posted:

Related: is anyone else getting more hype about this story than they feel like they ought to for an MMO?

It's because wuxia stories are fuckin great, and if you skip past it then you just hate fun.

Amante posted:

Only due to a binary, story-based level advantage. When the time comes, I will WRECK HER poo poo.

It's gonna be great when the big bad lady tries to do that black rose cut on me again and just gets counter iron shoulder leg sweep headbutted like a chump. All while I'm just yelling NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Skylight posted:

You know that moment when you think "gosh, I think this class is working out really well for me" and you try another class and you're all WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

That's me, right the gently caress now, with Blade Dancer. I may never go back to Summoner after this!

I've gone through this twice. Started BD and went "this burst is pretty sweet" and then I tried out kfm and just shoulderchecked the world and thought that was rad as hell. Now I'm being a slippery little poo poo with assassin and dropping tree trunks and backstabs and shadowsteps like a motherfucker.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Made a mushin KFM so I have a character on every goon server, so I'll bug someone for an invite sometime. Name's Kung Fetish.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Clairetic posted:

What's the most minimalistic weapon skin for KFM? I keep finding ones that look like they might be relatively okay but then they're huge and gaudy on the actual model.

Sealed stone gauntlets, like the first green weapon in the game. I'm using them for now until I find another one. The stalker gauntlet is pretty small too, but they're bright and ornate too.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I normally don't like desert settings in games because developers gently caress them up a lot

but god drat everything about scorching desert is great, if a little slow to start

it's up there with TSW's scorched desert

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 30, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eimi posted:

Its not Pokey, it's his little friends that swarm me and then I die. One on one I'm fine. I find that either my 4 isn't up in time, or I whiff and only hit 2 out of the 4 adds.

If you counter pokey you should be able to shoulder check all the eggs, but even if you only get 2 of them with 4 then hammering an x22 into the last one isn't a huge deal. Also, z will kick the eggs out from under him if you can't target them, but they will scatter so it's best to only use that on one of them.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I refuse to go out and get a group for pot dog shelter. I've played way too much dark souls to give up after only dying 4 times.

Last attempt he only had like 4k left, so close. I think the key is the short adds need to die immediately because they're the ones who throw poo poo at me.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Also life leech on tiger strike and straight jab

although really once you have tiger strike and hellfire kick and leading palm there won't be much you can't just bull through mashing 2, 4, and x.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 31, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

They've got a lot of back costumes from old events that I hope get added, especially the forgekeepers uniform.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I feel like a free win for FM/SMN as a KFM, but on the other hand I don't think I could lose to a BM/BD if I tried.

Finally got a destroyer in a 1v1, I barely won but that was really close all the way to the end. I think if I knew more about how destroyers worked I would have done better, but I'm not sure he knew how KFM worked either.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 1, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

jaffyjaffy posted:

That's how I lost my first match against a KFM as a Sin. I seriously underestimated how much damage he can put out. I should have played the matchup a bit more safely like how you "should" play against Des (but I usually gently caress up and get nervous so I get aggressive and die).

If you do your log trick and he dashes backward, make sure you either let his counter run out or get behind him or he's going to counter your stealth attack and beat the snot out of you.

At least, that's what I do.

Also I bet if you use your counter once they're in range at the start a KFM will charge right into your log.

Also I'm hitting my first big money problems just after scorching desert. My next weapon breakthrough will cost like 2.5g, so I guess I'm probably just way ahead of the curve?

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 1, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

randombattle posted:

Why would you abreviate assassin as sin when nothing else is. it should be AS or rear end. Same with summoner and warlock why are they 4 letters when nothing else is. Nothing even shares the same letters.

because sin is a term used for the assassin class in a million other kmmos that came before this one, just like how warlock has been lock since probably even before wow.

it's the same reason some people say 1kk for 1 million. it's just what they've always done.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Haroshia posted:

Just hit 45 on BM. So far extremely underwhelmed on their PvP ability. Long cooldowns on their main combo stuns that seem to be resisted frequently since people can just F out, and not enough burst to really make them worth it. People say they "Get good at 50". Do they mean they get good once HM skills are introduced, or am I going to have to wait for ANOTHER patch after the one on the 10th?

I get the feeling from dueling BMs that it's a giant uphill battle for them. Like, they all poop out all these floating swords and do all this anime poo poo and jump around and then they get an elbow into a shoulder check into a hellfire kick into a stun into a kick in the air into a ground slam into a full nelson and cry a little bit inside.

The last part I'm just assuming.

In other news the greatest matchup in the world is kfm vs deso or any combination of those, it's just two beefcakes beating the poo poo out of each other, no fancy poo poo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

How many story acts are in the version we have right now? And does it end right about when you hit 45 or just keep going for hongmoon levels?

Haroshia posted:

:smithicide: I already ground through 45 levels of godawful boring PvE content to be able to PvP, and now I have to grind through more daily horseshit to get skills that are practically required for PVP. WHAT THE gently caress KOREA. Jesus. It's like they don't realize the only reason this game gets any play is because of outfits that show butts and PvP.

I got that regium corvus outfit from the daily dash, and I kinda like it but I hate that the boots have heels. What's wrong with just boots? How the gently caress does my kfm manage to do any of the poo poo she does without falling over? Although I guess wearing heels and kicking someone in the face would make it hurt a lot more, maybe?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

cathead posted:

Yeah uh, if you guys need a guild added and don't hear from me in thread for whatever reason, you can always ping me on the Discord.

another ploy in the mumble vs discord cold war

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Rumor has it that the NA/EU designer rewards will swap when a new round of Daily Dash starts.

I didn't know EU had a different costume, but theirs looks way better than the regium for women.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

radintorov posted:

it goes to show that min-maxing players that project their failings on their party are present in all MMOs and that you should always try to play with goons.

but I thought you just said not to play with players that project their failings in the party?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Why the gently caress is no one selling cinderlands transformation stones in stacks of one for even close to market price? Who needs 37 cinderlands transformation stones?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Gearhead posted:

Because people selling stuff on the market are limited to a certain number of postings per day.

No one will ever buy 37 cinderlands transformation stones. By trying to shove them out like that you're effectively wasting an auction slot. Imagine instead he just sells them in stacks of 3 once per day. In 2 weeks he'll have sold them all at a higher than market price because everyone else is a loving idiot and selling them in stacks of 50 instead of never selling them at all. He also still has 9 more sales he can make that day.

Unless there's a use for them outside of hongmoon breakthroughs, which there could be that I just don't know about.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

cathead posted:

I considered this as well, but that's still only one more update's worth of content before we literally run out of pre-50 stuff to put in. I was just really surprised at how fast the turnaround was at getting BSH in so I'm curious to see how committed they are to fast-tracking us.

I wonder if they've got, and this is a terrible way to phrase it but I can't think of a better way, quotas for how many players have reached a certain milestone, like level or content complete or even finished hongmoon weapons or something, and they're sitting on content and doling it out as a large enough portion of the playerbase is ready for it. It's a much better idea to take old content and let us go through it and have it be current content than to have everything just shoved in at once and ignored because it's "old" content even though no one in NA outside of the people playing in the KR beta have done it. They might be rolling out content quick because NA players are just blazing through it.

Velocity Raptor posted:

I can speak too much about KFM, but a buddy of mine rolled one with my sin. From what I've seen, they're slower (relatively speaking) than a sin, but have much harder individual attacks, and aren't as combo heavy. They also have this nasty pin that if you get caught in it, you're hosed as he now gets to wail on you BJJ style. If there's a skill to escape it, I haven't gotten it yet at level 20.

I've got KFM up to 41 now. It starts out a lot slower because they dole out each class mechanic as you level. It's not combos, per se. KFM always kind of felt a bit like a right tool for the job class, and they start you off with your most important and universal tool: counter. In the beginning KFM is slower because most other classes just walk up to things and beat them to death while KFM has you playing dark souls and learning animation and counter timings. Once you hit chapter 17 and can spend points you can turn your 2 skill into tiger strike, which changes it into an aoe and can unlock the use of hellfire kick, which will become your main method of bursting damage and just flat out killing poo poo while leveling.

Once you learn counter timings the world is your oyster, but that's not all the class has. They give you a basic stun and grapple pretty quickly, and those are neat but anemic until you can put points into them, like one that heals you for a massive amount when you grapple them. Later on you have an ability that lets you kick stunned enemies into the air and then you can air combo them, which is extra hilarious when you finally fight lusung and he's monologuing at you while being air juggled. If you dash backward it'll enable the use of an f skill that charges them and pops them into the air, and when they land you have a very brief moment to grapple them before they get up without using up a stun. Shield dudes are probably the most annoying things just because shield blocks the effects of your abilities, so they ignore stuns if they're blocking and won't get kicked up in the air if they're blocking, but if you counter it does basically full damage and wrecks them so not a huge deal.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 3, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Lemming posted:

I love Pot Dogs

pot dogs are the poo poo and I wish we could roll them

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

I swear if we get pot dog race before we get lycandi i'll be very upset

lycandi are terrible hth

also I need to find a big cone hat, but I think the first one you can get is out of mushin's tower?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

If you think this is a poor monetization model you should really check out more of the market.

Premium not being worth it is a strange move, but calling this game money grubbing is kind of silly.

Although I do agree that the keys seem really unnecessary. It's like a vestigal system they just arbitrarily decided not to cut.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 5, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

A box which needs to be unlocked which contains a weapon which must be unsealed. :downs:

Blade and soul progression in a locked nutshell.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

This gold grind at 45 is brutal. It's like if you spend any money at all not for the express purpose of dumping it into your weapon then get hosed and wait till you can do the other dailies before you get to go to blackram supply

edit: two things

I wish they had made it more clear how the blackram dailies worked, and it's somewhat soloable but still kind of painful to do most of them

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 8, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Zweihander01 posted:

I prefer to solo them at this point, every time I get into a group everyone just explodes over the map doing everything at once.

At least this way I get a monopoly on all the Elite Crit 8 slices.

I don't really do enough damage with my true infernal stage 5 to solo very well, and the respawn time on some of these dudes is monstrous.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Go to do a pigsty for the daily, everyone in the party is there just staring at the first boss for a good full minute, no one says anything, so I jump in and suddenly everyone starts screaming about me having the gall to attack something in a dungeon. Afterward I asked what we were waiting for, someone says "you ranged pull so that you can avoid the mushroom spam" and that's cool, but that's not what I asked, and if I hadn't suicided we'd probably all still be sitting there with thumbs up our asses staring at that boss. Pubbies in this game are awful.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

And now I join a skittering tunnels, 2 people die in that initial pull and someone immediately drops, someone else says "too many low levels" and drops afterward

holy poo poo this community is awful

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

An assassin and I just waited for like 15 seconds for the party to fill out again and then we just did the dungeon, there was no appreciable difference in levels among the parties.

DemonMage posted:

That's literally every MMO community.

It's been awhile since I've done a f2p mmo, plus my last MMO was FFXIV, which didn't even allow you to talk about dps parsing in game. It's hilarious if you go into that thread and the goons are convinced that you should be allowed to call out people for low dps because they haven't seen the kind of poo poo people will do if they're allowed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

Are you guys ready to FIGHT THIS DUDE AND STEAL HIS HAT FOR YOUR OWN USE TOMMOROW?

getting a raiden hat has been my goal this entire time, I don't know if I'll keep playing if I get it

• Locked thread