Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My only complaint about Griffin's Podcast Dungeon Mastering is his kid gloves handling of character death. I'm totally with him not tpking the group but half the fun of the game is dying spectacularly (or pitifully). Other than that he's the best in the biz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Nope.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
His nephew Taakedo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

As a DM, there is exactly one rule: "Are we having fun?" If the answer is yes, then congrats Mr. DM, you're doing a good job.

Look guys, I just like random character death, because its funny. I don't want tpks every other episode. Dying is fun.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Travis launched another podcast, Interrobang, bringing his total to 10.

Edit: I guess it's not 10 but it's a lot. He just tweeted that his limit is 10.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like Coolgames, from toe to tip.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Justin is 110% right about Fuller House

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like how they bleeped it out but it's super obvious what Clint's tattoo would be a 20 sided die, rolled 1 side up.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
If I were them I'd stick to the DnD system because they're getting free poo poo from them, also Griffin likes it a lot.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SpacePig posted:

They confirm they're playing 5 a few times in TTAZZ, and Travis and Griffin discuss the differences between the two a few times as well.

Griffin was on the official DnD podcast where he said the same thing. Moreover, he said he really loves 5e so I think all these discussions about changing systems is sort of in vain.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
When I saw this thread had like a hundred replies since last time I checked it I assumed Griffin choked to death or something.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

DrManiac posted:

The only thing I remember about flavor of love is that one chick who took a steaming poo poo on the floor in front of everybody

This is the most important thing to remember anyway. It's probably the greatest thing to happen on TV.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Griffin seems to like the mine a bunch in that game.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Can you post stuff about my evil show "Please Continue Podcasting Yourself" on it?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's pretty charming that all the brothers assumed that cutmen in boxing just slice up the fighter's face.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Pretty good Griffin rants in this cool games inc.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Listener Supported Podcast King, maybe. The true Podcast King is Paul F Tompkins, and I won't hear otherwise.

But yeah, Travis is all over the place now. I hope he doesn't end up wearing himself down with all of this.

He's made podcasting his profession, so yeah I hope he doesn't burn out on it either.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
They were probably just jazzing up that last name. Smerl.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm shocked and appalled that Cool Games Inc didn't know that Pyst was already a game.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I just hope we get more of a town or city setting. More dialog (the main reason why this is the best dnd cast), and more chances for our heroes to murder and hide bodies.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

flatluigi posted:

The problem of doing any serial is figuring out how to cut things short but with this being an unedited podcast with an emphasis on just exploring all the loving around everyone's doing there really isn't too much I can say they can actually fix.

Griffin does edit it actually, at least he said so on that dnd podcast he was on. Sometimes he cuts whole battles out

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

That moment was the easily biggest laugh I've had in the last year of listening to this podcast

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CASSETTE INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE PICARD SONG AND RIGHT THEN

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Scudworth posted:

Because we don't have or need another name for them and they're still structured like TV shows. "Television" as a format and not the delivery.
House of Cards wins prime time Emmy awards despite not being a tv show and not even having a time slot.

After that third season I got a time slot for it: never-again-o-clock!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like Greatest Gen.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Did the rug bite him because it's alive?

Justin was making jokes but the rug could have totally been a mimic

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Man that's a good idea for a game.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Stupid tumblr and their mind control forcing artists to stray from the TRUE vision of Klaarg

I would watch 20 hours of anything if it somehow captured the feel of old dnd manuals.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Duke posted:

The Kenny Rogers goof from the end of the last MBMBAM is so loving good, every game walkthrough had me laughing harder and harder.

Also I'm pretty excited for their new show, is it supposed to be out by the end of the year?

Speaking as a man who's been laughing at The Gambler for years, their take on it was the funniest I've heard.

The Muppet's take on it was the most frightening though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnrTNFWcsg

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Like all americans I learned about nougat from a Snickers commercial and I'll be god damned if I'm going to argue with a Snickers commercial.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Actually, you're all wrong. Magnus, Taako and Merle are ghosts.

So simple.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Best wonder trade yet

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Raserys posted:

Peyton has cursed this youtube series on polygon dot com.

Peyton is a comedic genius

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 13, 2016

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Bobulus posted:

It should be noted that Peyton was not the original trainer of that pokemon. So not only did he pass Griffin that complete garbage pile, but he also regifted it from someone else.

So the man I called a comedic genius is actually a joke thief??

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I was making a post about how Travis is the Vermouth in the MBMBAMartini before realizing how pretentious and irrelevant it was so here is me farting in the wind.

but to finish this thought Griffin is the gin (potent goofs) and Justin is the chill-as-gently caress-ice it all gets shaken over

edit: the listener is the olive

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's a little joke. That's the reason.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
2012 was a really good year for mbmbam drat

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

For a second you had me thinking Griffin was busting out the guitar again

Why is he so against that anyway?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Twitch posted:

I listened to a bunch of random episodes, and most of the first season; it's funny even if you never watch reality tv, but I stopped listening because the kinds of people on those shows irritate me so much I can't stand even hearing about them.

One of those people was just elected president.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Grognards act like they're arguing even when they don't really disagree.