Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
It was mentioned in the other thread, but drat, Griffin is nailing the poo poo out of the audio, and obviously enjoying it. It really steps up the production.

His utter disdain for for d&d rules (and their all acknowledgement and dismissal of) is equally as great, since I know nothing about the game. Museum of elevators, motherfucker.

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Toxxupation posted:

he doesn't have utter disdain for D & D, he just (rightly) totally loving disregards the total loser grognards who bitch up a storm about how elevators aren't canon in-universe to the podcast that he's literally the writer of

I didn't say D&D, I said the rules. I love how he just makes it fun instead of the insufferable nerd poo poo people bitch about. Anybody that's played an RPG can follow. Hell, Clint even called him out on Fallout 4 inspired elements.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Yeah, as a white dude in his 30s, Still Buffering doesn't appeal to me at all. There was a recent segment on This American Life with teenage girls describing their Instagram habits. It was insufferable. Given their lineup, I have to believe I represent a majority of MaxFun's demographic, it'll be interesting to see how it does.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

No need to harsh his vibe, man. I'll take 100 repeated links over one more goddamned SW post.

inferis posted:

I appreciate the fact that polygon lets griffin do whatever the gently caress he wants

This is the best. Is it wrong to have a man crush on Griffin? I've never played DnD and know nothing about it, but drat if I wouldn't smoke a bowl with him and be a try hard.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Silentman0 posted:

Toe to tip.

That's a Bart.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I don't ever clean up my desktop, I just buy another monitor when I run out of space.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Unless...

NO TRAVIS! NO UNLESS! NONE!

but wait...

I MEAN IT TRAVIS!!!! NOT THIS TIME, NO NO NO!

Griffin losing his poo poo always kills me.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

New TAZ is up!

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Holy poo poo they read this thread.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

^^^ reading the forums and inserting things into yourself are NOT exclusive activities.

Luneshot posted:

this is probably pretty unlikely

Yes, I know. It was probably Reddit.

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 16, 2016

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

TACD posted:

I think it was "Something Awful forums-level nickel and diming" while discussing monetisation of the game :v:

Holy poo poo.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

mikeycp posted:

Thinking of the things they could do with Dungeon World or FATE has me rather hot under the collar.

I don't know if I'm more excited about the prospect of Clint getting an Adventure Zone tat or his own bumbling Superhero DM podcast.

I'm tweeting Griffin that.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Maduo posted:

It depends on what system they picked - Pathfinder would wreck everything, something more story focused like Apocalypse Engine might suit Clint better - but it's probably better to just stick with what they know.

Maybe they pick the McElroy-gently caress-It-Lets-Have-Fun system and don't sperg out about inconsequential poo poo.

Seriously.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, they are ignoring a lot of the more in-depth mechanics of the system. If you just take the basics like they've been doing and maybe rejigger some skills, you could make a lot of things work. The d20 system was really prolific in the 90s for a reason.

They just released a podcast where Griffin literally said, "gently caress the mechanics, we're here to have fun". Can you shut the gently caress up about actual DnD mechanics??

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Gentlemen:

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/713558486479556608

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

mikeycp posted:

it must happen

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Tempo 119 posted:

I dunno, I got some real good belly laughs out of the last one

Yeah, but I'm not sure I could stomach it.

It's a bit tasteless.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's rad but the die is off-center from the banner and it's killing me.

Geometry. I'll give the lines a pass for now since I'm assuming it's new and inflamed. But, uh...

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

ImPureAwesome posted:

Yeah I totally agree, which is why I wish Justin would let it happen

Is it me or has he been sounding completely disengaged, both TAZ and MBMBaM, for like a few weeks? I get that he was sick, but he's sounded bored as gently caress in the last six weeks.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Mr. Yuk posted:

It's not just you, but I've also noticed it on all his Polygon work lately, too. Dude sounds mad depressed.

During the last TAZ, I kept thinking, if Justin doesn't want to be there, just leave dude. The poor guy sounded miserable, and Travis and Clint picked up the slack, but Jesus. I hope he's okay.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who REALLY liked Gerblins. It has some of the funniest characters and Magic Brian's death is one of my favorite moments in the series

No, it's just the spergs that nitpick the arcs. Pretty much everybody loves the entire podcast.

Listen to ep 1 in it's entirety. An extra half hour won't kill you.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Holy poo poo the replies are hilarious

https://twitter.com/babylonian/status/735243203335458816

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

The DnD personal messages on TAZ are so cringe worthy. That one where a parent said they enjoyed fandoms with their kid... Jesus.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I need NEED a gif of Griffins Goofers animated logo to tweet at him. I'll pay one million internet funbux if somebody can make this happen.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

chaos rhames posted:

If anyone's a fan of Still Suffering's episodes about weird generational differences in mindsets, they just did an episode about mass shootings.

Link? I can't find it.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Thanks!

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I don't get why Max Fun ads are always so self absorbed. Just show 15 seconds of what you're about. The first 15 seconds of wizard swears would be better than the one MBMBAM ad I heard.

So Greatest Generation is part of Max Fun now. I haven't heard ads yet, but I hope they're going to be pretty on point.

If you haven't listened to Greatest Gen, it's pretty good. Episode by episode Star Trek TNG synopsis/critique by guys who could be on NPR. Except for all the swearing and dick jokes. Anyone else listen?

Edit: Ars wrote about it before they landed with Max Fun. http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/02/if-you-grew-up-watching-st-tng-then-youll-love-this-new-podcast/

vvv It's not with him.

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 25, 2016

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

That was a fantastic TAZ!

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Where does Justin's nickname "juice" come from?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Literal dad chat this week.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Holy poo poo. I'm loving dying here...

Clint: "I'm planning ahead!"

Justin: "For what?? You have no fuckin clue what's happening..."

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

gently caress, man, this whole skeleton bit is fantastic

Did the rug bite him because it's alive?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

So Travis is giving up on LA, huh?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

_jink posted:

keepin the art train rolling, I drew what TheAdventureZone crew look like in my imagination (✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚

This is very good.

Edit- you better loving tweet this at them

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 4, 2016

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I can't even stand the 30 second commercial for flophouse. Utter garbage.

vvvv That made me laugh out loud

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 9, 2016

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Mikedawson posted:

The video was okay. Would like to see more analysis on the McElroys sense of humor.

One guy I know on tumblr did a bit on why their usage of "boy" as a descriptor was funny.

E: Found the post.

Um. Thanks?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Griffin's reaction as everybody realizes what's going on is GLORIOUS. You can hear the "how did I not see this coming??" in his screams of anguish.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

That's the vore equivalent of building your own fleshlight, right

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

That has to be the best episode of TAZ ever. Holy poo poo that was amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Absolutely.

some are more cool and good than others