Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Spoilered in case you guys didn't see the end of Arrow S3 or the beginning of S4:
Palmer is legally dead since he was declared so when he blew up his offices in Star City. When team Arrow finally rescued him from Darhk he opted to stay that way, so technically he's still dead to the world around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Snart also didn't build the freeze gun, that was Cisco.

He did take it apart and rebuild it right before he recruited Linc the Sink in season 1

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I wonder if (either in LoT or maybe in future seasons of The Flash) we'll ever see them explore Firestorm's weirder powers. I really only remember him from the 80s Justice League cartoons, but he can like transform matter on the atomic level, which is a neat power IMO.

To be fair, he was beaten by somewhere between 4 and 7 heroes (in the do-over the rest of the Arrow gang shows up to fight, right?), the key 2 heroes of Green Arrow and Flash (who for all intents and purposes are the Batman and Superman of the CW universe) did a lot of heavy lifting, and even then the good guys needed a do-over because the first time they tried to stop him they screwed up and got like all of Central City nuked. I'm not in love w/ Savage because so far we haven't seen anywhere near the charisma of Barrowman or Cavanaugh here....but luckily the show is plenty loaded with fun and charming heroes, so a de-emphasized villain is alright by me.

There was a deleted scene from the season 1 finale that shows Ronnie/Stein Firestorm turning a thermometer into a flower for Caitlin, so they can't say they wouldn't be able to.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You'd figure they'd scoop him up in a baggie or something but nope.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, a while ago they put out a behind the scenes thing for Arrow talking about how they never actually combine a real bow and arrow while filming. The scenes where an arrow is fired is always CG and for scenes where they have an arrow drawn but are talking they have a prop that is an arrow attached to the bow.

Of course back in the day they didn't have these big city "special effects" so they actually were shooting at people with arrows and guns. They just relied on experts to hopefully not actually hit the actors.

What about the boxing glove arrow scene? I remember them doing a thing about that one where they originally planned for Ollie to hit it off a table but then swapped to the "lemme stab the glove with an arrow and fire it from there."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy poo poo, they got Talia.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Goddammit, Carter's coming back in the next episode

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

The Time Masters being in League with Savage is the least surprising twist in history.

Wanna empty quote this so hard.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So did Rip just decide to gently caress humanity because he got emotional over his family?

God gently caress that guy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Shockingly satisfying finale. I wonder if Flash and Arrow will have good fina-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have faith in Flash. Arrow, not so much (especially given the previews for it; at least Flash has proper city-wide destruction)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

HAhahahahAHaa okay I hope you're all sitting down for this.

So, basically, we're getting Vixen for next season, except they can't get the Vixen actress, so instead of recasting the character of Mari McCabe, we're getting another Vixen from the past instead, who's an entirely new character.

I don't see any problem with this. Better than recasting and half-assing the explanation. And Megalyn E.K. is still doing the voice on the animated series as well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

You know you have a poo poo season on your hand when most of the trailer is just re-used season 1 footage.

Or maybe they haven't started filming yet???

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

Shouldn't they be in post by this time of the year?

It's not a movie, they usually film a few episodes ahead of the live releases. Arrow and Flash do it too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWbxmljjxQ

Lookin forward to more adventures of Sara Lance: Time Lesbian

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think Letscher's Thawne is as good as uhhh... whatever the guy who plays Wells is named, but I'd love to see more of him so he has a chance to put a distinct take on the character.

We've only seen him perform the role twice, once at the end of season 1 (in a very very short appearance), and a bit part in season 2. I don't think that's probably a good metric to measure him by considering that Cavanagh had a whole season to build up his version of Thawne/Wells.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jack of Hearts posted:

Is Jay Garrick gonna show up in the JSA? I can't imagine a Justice Society without a Lantern or a Flash. Given that the LoT team already have an Atom, that leaves Fate and Spectre as the only characters I can remember.

I assumed that part of the reason a Lantern hadn't shown up yet in any show was because animating those green constructs is expensive. But if they could do Grodd and King Shark they can probably afford Alan Scott for an ep or two.

Not sure if I heard it right, but I think JWS was cast as DCTVU regular.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I think it's Obsidian, Commander Steel and Doctor Mid-Nite.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like they improved the CG for Vixen

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Is Jumanji seriously being remade?

... Was it somehow enough of a classic to warrant being remade?

What the gently caress, Hollywood?

Not a remake. A sequel.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"Time travel gently caress up platoon" doesn't have a nice ring to it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There's a deleted scene from Flash season 1 where Ronnie and Dr. Stein merged and transmuted a test tube into a flower for Caitlin so that power is actually a thing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Has Damien even used his powers while on LoT?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently Flash has a cameo next episode. Probably to get yelled at by Oliver for not telling him about Laurel-2

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress MAN, putting Lescher, Barrowman, AND McDonough on the same team, on the same show, is probably the greatest loving thing DC has ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahaha Stein you idiot

• Locked thread