Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Motto posted:

What's the difference between EO and Wizardry?

The anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Some minor optimization issues, but it's great.

gently caress YOU

How does it stand up next to the iOS version?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why not just get it through the PSN?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pissdude posted:

Shiren the wanderer 5 is coming to vita this month and im probably the only person who gives a poo poo in the entire world

I'm in for a game for my gay dead handheld.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/RichDevX/status/773661666177265665

This is a research board to probe Vita memory card access. Not an SD adapter.

I would pay prob $100 bucks for an SD adapter even if it stuck out a little or some poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Truga posted:

I dunno much about SK at all and don't intend to change that, but this owns as hell.

What the hell did I just watch?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Takoluka posted:

I literally preordered it last night on Vita. :(

drat I am glad I waited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can't kill that which is already dead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MPLS to NOLA posted:

was Shovel Knight a good port?

Very good. You should buy it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Googling around is telling me no

No sale!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

W-what if they announce a new handheld

LOL

As if.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

In Training posted:

Thank you but I've beaten all of those games, some of them multiple times.

I thought you couldn't do this anymore with latest firmware

Honestly is there any reason to update anymore?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

What's a Vita?

Life.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

So I broke down and bought a used PSP from somebody local off of Facebook Marketplace. I'd forgotten what an amazing little piece of hardware these things were. Where the Vita is basically an underpowered console with a built-in screen, the PSP is an overpowered handheld.

On the other hand, trying to find and download old purchases off of PSN is painful. No, Sony, I don't need to see a list of every goddamn thing I've ever gotten on PSN, most of which are marked 'Not usable on PSP.' I just want to see a list of 'PSP, full games.'

Honestly it’s just easier to hack the loving thing. Trying to go through the PSN is painful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I got my PSP out a couple of weeks ago and it went back in the drawer about 20 minutes later when I remembered I have a hacked Vita that can play anything I'd be playing on the PSP anyway.

That screen is loving terrible after playing on the Vita, and the analog stick is basically a torture device.

I still like my PSPgo. Its nice and small I don't use it much but I play with it every so often.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe trans woman would be a better term than chick with a dick

Maybe in real life but in Anime not so much.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What if she is 5000 years old? How does that change things?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

gently caress off.

lol says the guy with the anime avatar.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/965829835217080322

It looks like there's a working exploit for current Vita firmware but the developer is waiting a year.

Uh why?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Hey folks, Stardew Valley comes out today on Vita, if you're a mobile-friendly person as I am.

It’s really great on the switch so I would assume it’s just as good on the vita.

I love portable Stardew.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dehry posted:

PS Vita update 3.69 has been released.

Do not update unless you want to lose all the homebrew capability.

The vita will never truly die.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The vita is keeping it real.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blotto_Otter posted:

Yes, but in the off chance you have an OLED Vita with 3G, you can pop out the 3G modem and replace it with an SD card reader. It's a lot more work to set up because it requires opening up your Vita, but it keeps the game card slot open.

If you have an OLED Vita without 3G (or a 3G Vita that's already been updated to 3.69), you can get replacement motherboard with the 3G modem slot and sub-3.69 firmware from Aliexpress. I got one a few months ago for around $35. It's a bit of a project to replace the motherboard, so I'd only advise it for those comfortable working with small electronics. I had a bitch of a time getting the old 3G modem out of mine after I stripped the screws holding it down.

drat this actually isn't a bad idea. I have this and I might just do it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I approve of this message.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Deadguy2322 posted:

And grotesquely overpriced and underpowered.

Lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

IIRC PSTVs have shot up in price ever since people figured out that they were fantastic piracy boxes

Yeah I regret not getting one when they were cheap.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly at this point people should just transition to the sd2vita. It’s not a matter of if your card takes a poo poo it’s a matter of when.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I didn’t realize the 1000 power grip was so expensive! I just charged mine up and it actually still works!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m a bad vita owner.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been trying to power through Demon Gaze but holy poo poo it’s aggressively anime and the combat really isn’t that great? I might give it another hour but so far it’s not good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That is pretty drat sweet!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Time to toss it into the ocean.

I really need to check mine now.. Jesus.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The newer devices like the RG350 are much better with emulation (afaik perfect with all snes) and will play PS1 games too.

I kinda gave up on emulation with my vita and just use it for ps1 / psp / vita which it’s perfect for.

The vita will still remote play with the PS4 right? Does the pro do anything at all for remote play?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Are the rumors about the vita store closing true? I need to find a way to back up all my stuff then because my 64gb card isn't going to hold everything

Yeah its closing in August but AFAIK you can still download old purchases once it closes. Who knows how long they will keep that alive though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Disappointing Pie posted:

The Vitas poor SNES legitimately has almost made me go down the rabbit hole of those cheap Android/Linux emulator handhelds. Some of them seem pretty awesome. I just want a all in one emulation handheld for up to PS1. The Vita is so close.

All are welcome friend

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937810

The RG351 is the new hotness and it can even upscale ps1 games.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

Are there *any* sub $200 handhelds that run decent SNES emulation? That always seems to be a sticking point. One of my earlier memories is being disappointed in SNES emulation on my IBM Aptiva E

Yeah the RG351 and RV351 do. They are $100 (ish)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SNOT CORN posted:

Here you go: https://www.experimentalpi.com/PiBoy-DMG--Assembled_p_16.html

It can do everything up to Dreamcast and N64 with no problems

Honestly once you get into this price range you are better off just getting something like this

https://youtu.be/uo74m1F2YIA

Which would blow the doors off that Pi.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Unless you want a single unified device and not a random extra smartphone just for games that you also need to attach a controller to, sure.

It’s not that different once you attach a controller. It’s also more capable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol that article

Also lol at this

quote:

To make matters worse, the studio bought a new PS Vita developer kit through Sony just last month, with no warning about the looming closure. Some bigger-name developers (who asked to remain anonymous) were warned in advance.

Dear god why?