Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Why the hell haven't we gotten any other Kenka Bancho games anyway, that PSP one fuckin ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Well that sucks for them, they'll never get to high five a shark.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Now announce the metal slime hardware for America please.

oblomov posted:

Uppers looks like the Kenka Bancho game we deserve! The released combat videos look great. That's one game that I will import if there is no localization announcement. I am still bitter about the 3DS version not being brought over :(.

But can I waste time dating girls instead of fighting? Is there even a pompadour meter?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

oblomov posted:

Isn't there that whole girl supporting mechanic? Not sure about pompadours but hey, this is as good as its going to get since Kenka Bancho 6 tanked in Japan on 3DS. Personally I think they picked the wrong platform for that game.

Edit: I am also bitter that 3DS is not region free. Thanks Reggie!

Dunno, Uppers just looks like nothing but fighting thus far, unless I've missed something? I like the loving around parts in Bancho more than the fighting (and really, the smash talk more than the fighting, too).

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

It makes it look pretty drat sluggish and in turn loses my interest. Imagine playing an entire game where it feels like you are hitting things in slow motion. It cannot be satisfying.

Yeah, having seen that actual gameplay footage, D_T is right, this does look slow in a weird way.

Now, if you want something where your strikes are all super fast, play some Onechanbara! :devil:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Onechanbara is not HILARIOUS enough for D_T, despite its gameplay and visuals being literally everything he could want.

Do the characters calling each other "funbags" count as comedy because they do that

edit: VVV Get the accessory that makes cool combos easier and play as Kagura or Aya and it should be easy enough. It was a lot harder in previous games though.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 9, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Really Pants posted:

Uppers seems quite flat and poorly-rounded in areas where Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive are proud to stand out

oh i get it

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a list of suggested Vita accessories around? I think I'm gonna buy a 1001 off a dude I know.

Was considering:

http://www.amazon.com/crystal-protection-Playstation-Cosmos-Cleaning/dp/B007IPZYGK/ (purple or silver aluminum probably)

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CZD8AW

Is a back touch panel protector really all that important at all? Wasn't there something about a case that added extra triggers by touching the back pad or something?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Really Pants posted:

I finally cleared the stupid weapon limiter in EDF2 :toot: Is anyone else still playing?

I still haven't even touched that since I've been spending all my console game time on EDF 4.1 :negative:

Hopefully I'll get an actual vita and not just a vita tv soon, that should maybe help me find time to play it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If you guys like weird localization choices go play DQ4 on DS sometime.

They kind just....give up at some point.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There are seriously lines that you have to read out loud to even understand what the hell they are trying to say.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/senran-kagura-estival-summer-ed/853466001865

If anyone wants to risk :10bux:, there's a price mistake here on Senran Kagura Estival Versus. They tend to oversell quantities and have to cancel orders but are a legit site. It changes to "The Last Guardian" Vita in the description at checkout.

Yeah sure what the hell I'll roll the dice on this. If I actually get it, I'll trade it for a PS4 copy if there are any takers for that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a vita off a dude I know and it's in the mail now.

What is the proper method to wipe all his stuff from the vita / memory card and start fresh with my own stuff?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Coughing Hobo posted:

The option's super-duper clear in the settings menu, don't sweat it

Cool. Just figured I should ask in case there was some dumb non-obvious thing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Same here, I am thinking of raising a stink about it. It's very poor customer service to not honor a price. If they were out of stock, that's one thing. But for a preorder they can't really say that.

Let us know if that works I guess. Maybe I should send an email like "well, I'll take the PS4 version then"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Got my Vita today :toot: Gonna have a hell of a time gettting used to this form factor and stuff probably, but now I have an excuse to play more EDF 2.

Unrealted, did something dumb and ended up with this audio playing:

while this video played

Mithaldu posted:

Thanks to XSEED this just scrolled by on my twitter, and well. There's fan service and then there's whatever you'd prefer to describe this as. Not embedding because :nws:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6dHZKT0vwQ

And had anime titties with a dude going on about how much he hated the game and was amused and confused for a bit. Was like this thread, in video form.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Was looking for an image in a folder earlier and found this

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
does Rise act as a wifi hotspot

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Megalixir posted:

Thought of this thread.

best parts are Dreamcast bag and the Lum shelf

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Congrats on playing a good game

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Schrodingers cat posted:

The top image for that article looks very, very awkward. Are people into that?

Do you really need an answer to this

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Schrodingers cat posted:

It`s not the just swimsuit though. For a game that exists only for fanservice purposes, she looks freaking weird.

I unfortunately know the answer to this having posted in here so much.

She's a Tengu I think, I don't pretend to know how Tengu anatomy works

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The voice of Teddie is also a voice of Donatello so that's all I ever hear. He does Prinnies too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i used to turn the captions on my tv as a kid and played lots of videogames so reading text fast ain't no thing

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

I like to assume every element of RAD was pre-planned and intentional. Also why does everyone pick the guy in the suit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqmeQ0Ya4G8
Urrrrrrr
Keeeyaaaaaa.

Man I wish they still made these games.

They make EDF now, which has some of the same charms.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

find 26 year old ladies, call them cute

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It's weird that in this age of anime we don't get Bullet Girls or Dream Club. But we did get the latest EDFs and Onechanbara though so I'm ok.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Here's another code for the Lego Movie game on vita:

4TE2-L5N4-BCQR

Sentient Data posted:

The codes expire today, so redeem them ASAP (if you'll actually play the game, don't just hoard it if someone else wants it). The game doesn't expire once you redeem the code, so you're all good as long as you claim it. If you want to shoot me a couple bux I'd appreciate it, but that's not needed - I just want to make sure that someone who actually wants to play the game gets to rather than just letting the codes expire

Same feelings here.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 1, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Armor-Piercing posted:

I'm sure Cold Steel is the better game and I'll want to spend a lot of time on it, whereas Conception I'm can probably finish quickly and I won't be concerned about missing out on anything.

Also this song plays every time you have kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVa9aEaX-c

Edit: I don't know why I tend to play bad games first, but I was definitely also looking at Project X Zone when I made this decision.

someone tweet this to lowtax when the time comes

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gusano posted:

Recently bough a Vita, but I don't like anime games like many of you. Already bought Hotline Miami 1 & 2, Super Meat Boy and Bastion. What other games should I buy? Risk of Rain from a page back looks great.

Any other good non-anime Vita games? Don't matter if they're crossbuy (got a PS4 already).

EDF, either of them.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Real answer: EDF2

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

InfinityComplex posted:

Bugs, anime, more bugs, guns.

Explosions, bugs, more explosions, anime, bugs.

Also aliens.

EDF is not anime.

It's tokusatsu. :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

InfinityComplex posted:

sentai super force

you are now fighting nu rita repulsa and her army of bugs

I'm almost let down that the new robot in 4.1 isn't formed by having 4 Air Raiders summon different colors of Vegaltas and them all combining.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Does the Vita Silent Hill game ever go on sale? I can get it for less physical but that would require taking EDF out.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Grab EDF digital, and lend the cartridge to friends for some ad hoc co-op!

Hahaha vita friends, good one.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I really like Saints Row's customization because I could play as effectively myself, and have a fat white dude running around being gangsta, and everyone's cool with it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

voltcatfish posted:

playing an atelier game as a man should put you in anime jail

Is anime jail a women's prison?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
EDF is great for the economical gamer. I bought 4.1 and 2 back when they came out and I've barely touched 2 yet and am only just now getting up to the 80% mark in 4.1

If you have EDF friends that are farther than you, you can shoot through a lot of it quickly though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Tabletop Simulator.

Hopefully Shantae 4 and Toejam & Earl 4 will also be good but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i got 15 bucks for my borderlands 2 code way back when. i call it a success.

Why did you do such a terrible thing to another human being