Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Yes lol

i mean it's a game mechanic but it does not make it good.

corporation = space guilde

director = space guild leader

alliance = really big space guilde

also sup scandoslav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

eonwe great thread but you got the year wrong. ask mods to fix it?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

Sup grrl, I still miss u + touch myself when I think of you at night.

How are the space kids?

honestly pretty good. poo poo has somehow worked out and people really miss you. also despite all odds and actual fire dom came back from the dead.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

Are you finding ways to be strategically relevant, or has "for funsies" been recognized as a viable lifestyle choice?

Given what I ended up poking at today I'm gonna go with 'both'

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

So I read the last 15 pages of the bad thread and I still don't know WTF is going on. Why is everyone fighting? Last I heard Endie and Blarf were cool. :( I don't like this new reality.

short version is just stupid drama. the long version is explanation of stupid drama that doesn't make sense or be satisfying.

blawrf and endie were cool, and so are the people they're fighting with.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Dalael posted:

in what lovely 3rd world country do you live to have such a terrible opinion?

atlantis

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh you meant DNS. Yeah I haven't listened to it yet but Dreamtrooper was telling me it was pretty bad.

It's pretty bad.

Aside from this it's mostly good pod? JEFF manages to keep being chill despite politically being on one side of things, and even though there is footballchat he keeps it at the end of the cast, which is legit for people who don't care.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Wait, is he that guy who took up most of the time allotted at a fanfest panel to ramble on and on and on about whatever group he was in, leaving the rest of the panel a couple of minutes each for their presentations?

Yeah, gently caress ever having to listen to him again

ugh ugh ugh

In other FC types that have wandered off, whatever happened to Dingo? I know we took in WEON to get him, but I don't know where he disappeared to.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

0.75Travis Wells

a high standard to aspire to.

I rate myself 'better than andupor'

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

who is this terrible rambling nerdvoice on the latest jeffcast? they can do better.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

its dnsblack and he always wastes everyone's time like this

my memory has intentionally blotted out everything about his fanfest presentations except that it's seen two of them and they were the exact same thing.

I am having a good day hendrick tallarbor

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Same. Especially when they say they care little about what Reddit says, but then talk about what Reddit is saying/posting daily.

there are no good eve forums or eve threads on forums. here, reddit, eve-o, fhc, kugu, goonfleet.com

these are all bad eve forums.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

More's the pity.

The fact that Koshka was involved (:rip: SV) should nail down the time period pretty well.

I vaguely remember the last one.

It scares me that HV has managed to survive well over a year. We should've been evicted or died to our own horrible incompetence, choking on our own bile long ago

fwiw your handover of the SV name has created a very active group. not the same, but very active. guy running it has some bad opinions (bhaalgorns are useless against caps bad) but he gets newbies in fleets and that's important

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

yup

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Archenteron posted:

Congratulations eonwe on your own emoticon. I feel like :kheldragar: has slightly more application, but :eonwe: is pretty sweet.

yes but this shitposter has a purpose

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Haquer posted:

hey man wushu was cool
for like 3 months
then we stayed around for whatever reason

it's you

you helped chinagame live

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

I knew I couldn't out do the great goonfucker Clay whatever his loving last name is.

So I bowed out quietly with a love you all to the right folks.

you couldn't outdo shooting an afk vni and then losing your entire fleet?

anyway yeah, do what you want. eve is best played with friends and the horrendous amount of political bullshit that gets in the way of that is a problem. shame you're on the other side of this war, i'd have enjoyed rolling with you.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Haquer posted:

Nah, it was always extremely bad, just like every eve forum :shrug:

this basically covers all eve threads and forums.

chill thread seems to be OK, guy asking about WHs, if you like scanning and exploration 12m sp is plenty to take a trip into wormholes :3:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Altran posted:

Ok I have been on pl.pl forum for my phorde spy (can you even call it a spy?), and I stumbled upon snigg public recruitment thread, one of the question that gets asked alot in there is to post a dread travel fit, and someone even went as far as saying none of the thread in the recruitment forum is correct. i am just curious, what is a correct dread travel fit? i think the inquirer didn't gave enough information , do i expect to travel with a group, or solo? am i using jump drive or star gates, etc...

take gates solo in your rev, dude.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

He's a loose cannon he could fly into a marijuana rage at any moment

tbh I'm more worried about him foehammering it again.

foehammer if i app to pl with that story as my submission, is that a boosh?

don't say yes, i don't actually care i just find you turning off siggy hilarious.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

OWLS! posted:

don't bling fit things you know will die.

i realized this the second you dropped with me on a gate

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Good Dumplings posted:

They could make them drop way more decryptors and datacores and also have them take less volume; I'm still not sure why datacores are like ten times bigger than salvage. It'd depress the market, sure, but when you're doing T2 you pretty much need decryptors for certain item types.

The funny thing is this IS CCP's fixed loot table. It seems like they really didn't go far enough.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Dr. Pangloss posted:

66 contracts and an ISK transfer later and one of my characters is now devoid of all assets and isk, excluding one set of +4 Int / Mem implants when I remap in about 10 days. Inspired by VG, I'm taking him on a walkabout, starting with a Pend Insurance provided Velator, my mission will be to take him from nothing to something. Not sure what the ultimate goal is yet, but I like the idea of having a character that can fly any frigate, destroyer or cruiser and seeing what I can do with him.

With a 2-month old, I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with Eve anyway, or join fleets late at night as usual, so this will give me some direction and casual goals to reach for.

Any thoughts on restrictions? I'm thinking I can't join a corp, but I can form one once I can afford it, to avoid taxes. Also thinking that I have to try to kill something at least once a day (that I play).

If you want a really silly restriction, you could try 'iron man' and past a certain point only use modules you loot on your ships.

This is phenomenally dumb and that's why I suggest it

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

CommonShore posted:

How would you get hulls?

That's the one thing I can't figure out exactly. I figure maybe you can start with any one t1 frig with civilian mods? figure out something

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Pooki, that's probably my favorite station, but I also recommend Groove Salad, Secret Agent, and Suburbs of Goa as variety.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

the hassle of scanning one down out of the million derelict structures in highsec and shooting it for what is most likely absolutely nothing inside means that i doubt people pop them in highsec

There was a brief period where shooting this thing would cause a suspect flag in a way that people with drones set to aggressive would shoot and then flag the guy who shot their MTU. A friend of mine ran around in a Maller killing as many missioning BS as he could get to gently caress up.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Sekenr posted:

Does it make sense to join goon waffe as a newbie with no money? In terms of having fun and learning the game and have stuff to do. Alternatively how does one join Videogames' chill mining guild?

join that or groon

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

PathAsc posted:

It's also often harder on the woman.

I thought that was miscarriages.

fake edit for content: someone post non-shitfit nightmare fits and their purpose. microgang pvp, roaming, sniping, whatever. They're the cheapest pirate BS, probably because they're poo poo, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

blakangel posted:

Reminder to all members of Imperium wormhole corporations - get out and ROCK THE VOTE today. We are not officially endorsing any candidates or issues this year, though.

lacks phil's bizarre snakewoman fetish, 3/10

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Ambaire posted:

I thought pre-spawning concord was considered a banning offense for exploiting game mechanics.

no, only evading concord killing you once you've engaged them is an exploit.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Enemu posted:

So if I decide that I maybe might possibly want to play eve again for small periods of time per day who the what gently caress do I join

E: Also I think dickbong has my stuff christ

groon probably. or hv. or darius. or pl. or GSF, whatever. Hell, rejoin TDSIN, they seem loving terrible though.

Richard's in GROON but apparently AFK

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Thatim posted:

Why do you use 2 deadspace reppers instead of another 2 T2 large?

Typically grid issues. MWD scimis have moderate fitting issues, to the point where a lot of their fits either stack a lot of PDS, use deadspace medium reps rather than larges, or other tricks. In this case you both have 1 rep dropped for a cloak (freeing some grid) and deadspace mediums (freeing more grid) meaning more of your lows can be pure cap, or nanos.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

the maulus is another gallente t1 frigate that has less of a traditional shape. the vexor is... vaguely a big maulus? you might like it.

the oracle kinda has that design but its the amarr combat battlecruiser

There's also the myrmidon if you're going gallente. It's a combat battlecruiser (oracle is attack)

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

A bunch of Alliance Tournament nerds sat down and talked about this years rules - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YouO2Gl-OzM

Suitonia of Pandemic Legion (formerly of Warlords of the Deep/Hydra Reloaded)
Bei Artjay of Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork (main tournament designer for EVE NT)
Thecla Elarik of Red vs Blue
Starfleetcommander of We Form Volta
Theronth Valarax of We Form Volta
Chessur of Exodus. (formerly of Warlords of the Deep/Hydra Reloaded)
Apothne of Pandemic Legion
Rahne Chocolate of Play Hard Pray Harder

Guy who uploaded the video needs to turn up the volume, I basically heard a bunch of Charlie Brown's teachers saying something about spaceships.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

I do the exports from Twitch to YT for EVE NT and sadly there's little I can do with the audio to fix it. Most of the cleanup work wouldn't fix it entirely either since most of it is on the streamer/hosts end it seems. :smith:

On a different note, I sort of dig this new EVE song they just put out.

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/eve-online-yc1187-theme-detached-from-time

I like all the ambient music and really am fine with the fact CCP shut down the jukebox but gave us Soundcloud since apparently EVE's audio stuff will give you a memory leak still.

This sucks, but it's quiet enough that I literally couldn't hear poo poo. Maybe just jack up the volume and just accept that the one guy is gonna be more obnoxiously loud?

The little I did understand before I gave up seemed like neat content - I've done AT practice and one NEO, and a middle range between 12 and 8 is a cool concept. Beyond that, interested in this season.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

justsharkbait posted:

Solo drone boats can be lots of fun, even though as stated they are not really in style ATM.

However, for solo stuff drones are pretty bad unless you have the relevant skills to 5.

This is flat out wrong. Fly vexors, they're arguably the strongest of t1 cruisers, with active-tanked vexors being one of the best solo cruisers out there.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

FranktheBank posted:

So JDC3 isnt enough?

No, not even close. JDC 5 or get out.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Booley posted:

You will end up hating yourself with only jdc4. There are already a ton of chokepoints created by phoebe for JDC5 caps, JDC4 caps have it even worse. If you want to use it purely for logistics within one region, you can probably maybe get away with 4, but for any sort of combat use 5 or gtfo.

Let him hate himself. If he's relying on other people for cynos, expect fleets to leave your stupid rear end behind. This is why we say 'JDC V or get out'.

You could get away with less before they nerfed jump ranges, but at this point ranges are so miserable that I wouldn't bother trying to get away with less.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

im a big fan of wormhole gudfites where you keep the option to escalate to and also lose marauders

losing marauders is an important part of the w-space lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Nazareth posted:

Are Marauders a big deal to wormhole life? Seems like they'd be great for sleeper sites.

Not really any more. You can still solo C5 sites in a marauder, but it leaves you extremely vulnerable - anything with a weapon can spawn the drifter, which will proceed to ruin your poo poo. Previously, that wasn't a problem, so all you had to worry about was locals logging in, someone stumbling through one of the connections, or fresh hostiles rolling into you.

They're still pretty solid for clearing rats out of profitable C5 gas sites. You also can run C4 and down sites with them, with C3 being the most profitable, but there's poo poo that's way less expensive and vulnerable that can do that, so people don't bother, mostly.

That said, as a PvP platform, solo marauders in holes can be a hell of a lot of fun, if bads are willing to feed into what they presume is an expensive killmail. Or you run into a bait marauder that can locally tank like a triaged FAX.

• Locked thread