Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

feel free to boil meats all day in this thread, friend :)

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Eonwe posted:

this is way better than the other thread

Agreed

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

I hope you guys have are having a good day.

I'm having a fantastic one :toot:

Going pretty well thanks

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
:ohdear: what ever shall we do

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

dragonstalking posted:

Try fighting in lowsec.

That's about to change with the new implant sets I reckon

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

dragonstalking posted:

It's not about the tank it's about utility mods and tackle.

Utility I'll grant you but you can sacrifice a mid for a point on a snake and still have a comparable tank to a mach, coupled with an insane amount more dps I think the meta will move away a bit from just armour BS/t3 fleets

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

CommonShore posted:

e. it looks like my tengu can out-tank and do close to the same dps as all of those burners on the appropriate damage profiles. Any reason that wouldn't work?

They are gated to only allow certain types of ships, t3s excluded so its a lot more challenging

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

necrotic posted:

They're called "bookmarks".

Yes but no where in any official guide are the explained at all

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Pretty sure they are at least touched upon now, still piss poor but better than literally nothing

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Before two weeks ago the last time I played there weren't any anomalies. :colbert:

Is it more profitable than blitzing level 4s? Either way it must be dangerous as hell.

It's pretty safe, especially now that you have to pay attention though you are better off running level 5 missions in your carrier for 4x the money and less risk but it takes more work/money to setup in the beginning. Level 4s have added a thing called burner missions, tough single or trio rats that will wreck your poo poo, but if you have the right setup you can complete them stupid fast for a very high payout so it all depends really

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, I don't really know what else you could do to make Data sites useful other than just a straight buff.

Add building materials required to build meta modules? ccp were talking about making them all constructable eventually so that might be a way to do it

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

The funny thing is this IS CCP's fixed loot table. It seems like they really didn't go far enough.

It's because they thought that adding the components for cosmos missions would be enough, not realizing that except in a few cases most cosmos items are terrible and seldom used

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Is it just me or when clicking on individuals on that BR is zkil redirecting to their homepage?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Xolve posted:

Just sold both my Hels to TEST- gonna hold out for faction supers and get my hand on a Angels super- and live the nano-shield dream.

Just having finished off all nag skills I'm hoping for something spectacular for the angels dread, though it'll be interesting to see if they keep the warp speed theme

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

bluegoon posted:

Do I have to do the low level missions in order to access the other ones? Everything is just melting..

So long as you have the relevant social skills to at least 3/4 it only takes a few missions per level to get to the next one, without them though its probably a proper grind. Every 16th mission though you get a story-line that is pretty mandatory as it gives you a massive standings boost. If you are doing missions for empire factions though do cosmos missions for a quick boost

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I wonder what draw backs they would've come up with for those if they came out at the same time as the t2 ammo did, iirc some missiles slowed you down if you had them loaded for batty lore reasons

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ullerrm posted:

Speaking of being on drugs -- why does CCP even bother with AUR? It can't be traded, it doesn't show anywhere other than the store, it's inconvenient; it's basically Microsoft Points. Except that MS stopped doing those and started just putting currency values on everything instead.

Probably because otherwise you wouldn't be able to directly go from isk > aur store item using plex in case w/e item you want isn't on the market yet or is at gently caress you prices.

E: also the above irl money reasons, like store credit or vouchers but with no further costs to deliver goods/services other than a database server saying you have virtual ships paint #1243243

working mom fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 11, 2016

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Jazzzzz posted:

Blops V considered mandatory, or will IV work to start?

Blops 5 is only really mandatory if you are trying to bump in a panther, otherwise its just a nice QoL thing with the blops bonuses being weird like inertia on the sin which is nice to get off the field but not really necessary, with lvl 4 you move faster cloaked than uncloaked (no prop) which is nice though.

JDC V on the other hand its pretty mandatory

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Jazzzzz posted:

Already have JDC V/ JFC V, but I'm two months out from a Sin with T2 guns and Blops IV. The Panther is a bit over a month since I already have the guns trained. Widow/Redeemer I only need to train Blops IV which is about a week, but it sounds like they aren't so hot.

The sin is better with no guns and using its highs for neuts and smart bombs, or RR if you are dropping on something with teeth. If you are dropping something solo/small gang the neuts will kill any active tank (most tanks) better than the extra dps can overcome it.

Panther is nice for the select-able damage and 2 utility highs, redeemer does more damage but is locked and has little utility so its better in bigger groups where you don't need to be a swiss army knife.

Widow is, odd? rhml is nice for burst damage but that's about it, its OK for small work but bigger gangs are all armour with RR which it is terrible at doing but jams can be a nice thing to have in niche situations IMO.

Small blops drop/solo I'd say:
Sin > Panther > Redeemer = Widow

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Nazareth posted:

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to taking the game seriously and I have a question.

I plan on being a black ops PVPer. Covert ops is an incredibly interesting type of PVP. At the same time though, I'm not an MLG pro 360 noscope shitlord who jerks it to kill mail. What non-PVP type of moneymaking enterprise coincides best with a black ops training queue?

As in things you can do with blops-like ships?

Exploration sites (data/relic) in null/low sec, gets you good at scanning and evading bads quickly, can be done from day one with a t1 explo frig that while can't warp cloaked is cheap as poo poo and pays for itself 30 times over with 1 good site.

FW missions are almost exclusively done in bombers and piss out LP for little risk.

DED sites, ties in with the exploration but can only really be done in either a blops BS or a T3

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
You can always do industry on separate characters, but if you're doing blops then you are generally moving around a lot in hostile territory, industry is generally rather static to an area which unless you want to do a lot of travelling isn't really feasible

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Jbz posted:

Can someone :words: a bit about this? I've never had issues moving single caps around, even adjusting a midpoint or something simple like that.

Due to the distance between certain regions/constellations there are some bordering regions with only a few systems either side you can reach them from unless you take a massive detour, resulting in those systems being easy to camp to catch terrible people, normal caps aren't normally an issue as they can dock.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Oodles posted:

Where do I want to run missions while waiting for incursions to respawn?

Is it still ones that sell the Federation Navy SeBo's?

In highsec? sisters of eve is the best still i think

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ullerrm posted:

Also, what was the Panther doing?

I was busy being horribly kited, attempted to mjd on top of him but that stupid thing is too fast

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

cap batteries now give resistance to neuting, so they have that going for them

They always gave a resistance to neuting, it was a flat 25% before so 4 of them meant you wouldn't get neuted at all because of no stacking penalty.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FranktheBank posted:

Whats the neut resistance stacking like now?

Honestly i can't remember exactly nor find the devblog on it but iirc you can't get 100% anymore but the resistance is still 25% for t2 but you can get 28% with faction

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

nomad2020 posted:

Why don't we see more Svipul doctrines, most T3D doctrines I've seen tend to be Confessor fleets. Does the confessor mesh better with fleet work?

Pretty much, its got better projection which is a big thing for fleet work, the jackdaw is good in that respect too but isn't quite as good as the confessor in other areas

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FranktheBank posted:

I'm super noob on the subject, but as I understand it, Arti is for the high alpha (like gate camps) and ACs is for actual fighting. I'm guessing the ACs fit drops the sebo for some tank in mid.

Pretty much, but you can still get some really nice dps out of arty on it and it counters active tanks really well because it helps alpha through reps, but the svipul does struggle to fit them with an armour tank without gimping the fit a bit, or dropping to 250s, with shield though I personally prefer arty over autos just because you don't have to be at knife fight range to apply most of your damage.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

So I was just playing around in EFT and with the svipul you can do a dual MASB fit (with MWD and 200mm ACs) which will put out 370dps and tank around 310 with one MASB running (about 615 with both going, unheated), using no boosts and implants (just strong blue pill)

add HG crystals and offgrid links (tengu) and you can burst tank up to 2k dps (with heat) for about 25s, which is insane, or you'll permatank (for as long as your cap charges hold out) 800 dps

holy poo poo this thing is awesome

You can also completely passive tank the it with purger rigs, all power relays in the lows and 2 MSEs and get a daft regen out of it that murders pretty much anything small solo by simply outlasting it

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

I'd worry about being up against an hecate because those things poo poo dps while having a decent tank (and if someone is packing the new serp implants, well then)

edit: also I just EFT'd this, and while respectable it doesn't lend itself to having implant/drug power like the MASB fits; this might change when the promised "shield slaves" finally come out

While true that it doesn't have the burst damage of an active tank it's not susceptible to neuts or screw-ups which is nice, I actually tried taking one on in a hull tanked/aar hecate and found that I couldn't break him fast enough to win, maybe with dual rep?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Reverand maynard posted:

The svipul is one of the only (minmatar) ships that can actually use arty. A full rack of t2 arty will leave a tempest or maelstrom with like 1% pg left with all Vs

The tornado, firetail, thrasher, munnin, the whole hurricane line and rupture would disagree. While I don't agree with the decision, I'm pretty sure the to make it so that you can't fit the largest arty without concessions on BS is by design, though the test mael doctrine seems to be working well for them (only needing a PDS to fit) and is rather cost efficient.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

why can you fit full rails when they're better at basically everything except alpha

Because alpha is important to overcome reps in medium fights? In large fights I guess not so much, but when have there been 255v255 man BS fights recently? Let alone bigger like in the fountain war. Also, even if you are losing a fight with arty you can still trade kills for longer because you can alpha people with fewer ships.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Xolve posted:

Not to mention 3% PG implants are really, really cheap.

Also- Advanced Weapon Upgrades 5 is on of the most important fitting skills.

Exactly, speaking of AWU I'm glad they changed the pre-req to WU4, gives newbies more options more quickly and lets you make better low SP alts

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

bluegoon posted:

Also I put up a small control tower shooting at a moon for titanium, is it worth keeping the thing up? It's in 0.3 space but im not sure if the price of titanium vs pos fuel is worth it.

It's not much but its 60mil after fuel, depends if that's worth it to you

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

bluegoon posted:

Like 60m per hour?

Per month

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fair enough. I just found it super dumb and annoying.

If you ever dscan anything its amazing

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
You could use the sa matra fit for the malediction, it's only insta warp if you are in a squad with a skirmish mindlink though

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Devian666 posted:

I'm just catching up on some of the events of the past 7-8 months. I noticed that GSF declared war on low sec. Given what I see in low sec everyday that probably wasn't the best of ideas. Small gang pvp I'm involved in sometimes escalates to carriers being undocked.

I'm also blown away by some of the dps output of faction frigs and cruisers at the moment. Currently training an alt for a fit that will probably end up getting nerfed.

I wouldn't worry about ccp nerfing the OP cancer ships any time soon, they drag their heels when it comes to that, it took them ages to nerf the drake and the ishtar, so I figure the svipul and the orthrus have some time left

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FranktheBank posted:

ECM burst is better for aggro than Radar (sansha rats)? Will RR on sentries pull threat even when they arent damaged?

Thanks for the help.

ECM burst is better than targeted because you turn it on and that's it, no messing which is what you should be drone ratting for anyway, laziness. RR pulls agro regardless yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Goatman Sacks posted:

pls no gendered insults we aren't PL or TEST

Dick

• Locked thread