Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You didn't call the thread "Eruo and American Truck Simulator: Axles & Allies?" :negative:

(Other than that, fantastic work on the OP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

But seriously, where is Ausfahrt?

Wait for the mod that allows you to stop at convenience stores for chips, jerky, and week-old sandwiches. You'll get enough ausfarts from that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CheetoRamen posted:

You can get a free PC Gamer magazine, mug and window flag thingy for your truck:
http://www.pcgamer.com/win-pcg-goodies-for-your-euro-truck-simulator-2-cab/

Just FYI, this is for Euro Truck Sim 2, not ATS, so don't worry about not owning the new game, get in on this!

Kopijeger posted:

Silly question from someone who has never been to North America, but what part of the US is typically considered the most scenic in terms of what you can see from the driver's seat? Which area would look best if represented in-game?

EDIT: Aside from the big cities down SW (Vegas, LA, San Francisco, etc), I'd say New England.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I would think that if you bought DLC that you're not physically connected to (for example, you buy Maine out of the blue as your only DLC years down the road when they finally make it :ohdear:), maybe you'd never get jobs that go between that area and the main area, and you could only work within whatever areas you own. Maybe with a disclaimer saying 'in order to travel between X and Y, some DLC is required.' I'd be fine with that.

Or the fade-out/teleport thing could work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kilonum posted:

fun ATS fact: you can copy all the *.sii files in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Profiles\<profile> and paste them into Documents\American Truck Simulator\Profiles\<profile> and all your controls will be mapped to what you had them mapped to in ETS2

Important enough to be seen on the new page.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Well my trucker picture practically picked itself.

Ray Liotta?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It just adds to your online progress and currently there isn't really one. After World of Trucks gets fleshed out with online companies and other features it'll be more worth it but as is it's a neat proof of concept.

I'd really love it if we could set up something like GoonCorp Transport or something like that; being able to join a company that's been founded, and contribute to the health and wealth of said company. There'd be a boss, he/she'd buy trucks for each of the drivers, etc etc...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is anyone playing this with the Steam controllers? I have neither this game, nor the controller (just a 360 one), but I'm genuinely curious as to how easy/difficult it would be to use.

Also, Sirius XM really should develop some sort of plugin that works with this game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Tonight, ATS taught me that Primm is a real place and not just some lovely shanty town in FONV. Thanks, SCS!

Yeah, I was kind of blown away when I found out that both Primm and Goodsprings (among others) are actually real. I was there (briefly)!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Robzilla posted:

So yeah, whenever I'd started up ATS I found I was getting a sort of CPU slowdown. Checked Steam and noticed it was trying to initiate a download and then stopping in a continual loop.

Funny thing is, this only happens in BPM since I'm trying to use my Steam Controller as a gyro steering wheel but I can't get the config to load (Different issue altogether)

Here's a lovely youtube clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZJmCQbz-aY

Edit: OKAY thats weird... apparently this ONLY happens when I have my Steam Controller on.

Sort of related: I'd really love it if you posted your experience with using the Steam controller with this game. Very interested in hearing about how it all works out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The rear end Stooge posted:

Simple automatic transmission:

Left stick = steer
Right stick = look around
A = activate
B = wipers
Y = trailer attach/detach
X = start/stop engine
LB = previous route advisor page
RB = next route advisor page
LT = brake
RT = accelerate
Back = world map
Xbox = menu
Start = toggle route advisor
D-pad up = light modes
D-pad down = high beams
D-pad left = interior camera
D-pad right = chase camera
R3 = horn

But what about your turn signals? :colbert: I usually use LB/RB for those.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Poil posted:

Do you really need anything beyond accelerate and maybe steering?

Ha, lookit dis guy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Empress Theonora posted:

I really like how substantial urban areas are now. Driving through Los Angeles or San Francisco actually takes a while now, and there's cool scenery to see. It's not just a loop of warehouses and repair shops with some landmarks looming over the horizon, like Paris or London or wherever were in Euro Truck Simulator.

"Oh, neat! I'm going to go visit the Eiffel Tower!"

*ten minutes later*

"Why are no roads leading to where I want to go?!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kilonum posted:

I put in for a thread title change. Expect a double entendre.

SCS Truck Simulator Megathread: Axles and Allies

:argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Anyone have a good recommendation for a Steam controller keybinding? The top two user-made ones don't really do anything for me (the top one doesn't even allow you to turn on the truck, but maybe I'm just missing something?), and I figured you guys would know. And no, I don't care if you hate the Steam controller, I don't. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

dupersaurus posted:

I ended up making my own, I can look into sharing it.

Oh, that'd be awesome! My Steam info, if that helps, is here (any other goons reading this who want to add me, feel free :glomp:):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/robot_cousin

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Honestly do not know if it's supported in game. I really have only played with a keyboard.

Jesus christ, man... How... How could you do this to yourself? :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

WASD is standard accelerate, brake, left, and right. Left shift is gear up...I personally prefer a 14 speed that I picked up from one of the mods in the OP since empty I start in 4th and then skip to 6 then basically 8, 10, 12, 13, 14. Loaded 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10 on up. I have downshift bound to right mouse button and engine braking bound to left click. Liberal use of cruise control in 14 keeps me from having to mash buttons too much. Basically get into 14 around 100kph+ set cruise and then mash the "increase cruise by 5" a bunch of times. Keeps the truck running around 130 or so on the highway with little adjustments to steering here and there. Clicking the engine brake removes the cruise and a down shift to 13 while riding the engine brake scrubs plenty of speed. For Dirt and stuff I usually use a 360 controller. I've never really cared enough to get a decent wheel.

Oh yeah, sorry, I should have been clearer; I used to play on Keyboard/Mouse with ETS2 for about a week, and then I just started using the 360 controller (now trying to get a good Steam controller setup going). Like someone else said, the analog triggers, not to mention the analog turning are fantastic. I'm sure everything you're doing is 100% functional (you ARE playing, after all), but it just doesn't sound fun to me. But hey, whatever works :shobon:

I don't think I'd ever get a wheel, but a controller works quite nicely.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

dupersaurus posted:

Just shared mine to the community as "goon express"

Appreciated! I don't think it's showing up yet, but I'll keep looking for it. I don't think we're friends on Steam, but regardless, it'd be an awesome feature if you could sort by bindings used by people on your friends list, with the option of including a group you're a part of.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Does ATS have ANYTHING between towns/cities? Any little weigh stations or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just bought ATS since it was on sale. It's been years since I Euro-trucked (I checked and the last page I had seen itt was from 2017!). That being said, as ATS is listed as 'Verified' for Steam deck, are the controls normal at all, or will I have to majorly mess with them to get something good?