Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
5:04

WEIGH STATIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
As a very rough (and therefore not extremely accurate) estimate, all the US that wasn't part of the Louisiana Purchase is kind of pretty and scenic.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I also have a couple of "is this wrong or is it just CA?" questions. Things that seem odd in other parts of the country.

First, are left turn lanes really rare in CA? Because I think they're really unrealistically rare in this game so far (I found one in/near Fresno).

And, is it common in CA to have (non-highway) speeds limits of x0 (e.g. 30)? Most US places I can think of have speed limits of x5 (25, 35, etc).

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

shortspecialbus posted:

The thing that's annoying me right now is the utter lack of breaks in traffic when trying to get back on Highway 6 just outside of Tonopah from a delivery. I'm going to be stuck here forever.
In case people forgot/don't know, if you really really get stuck with this changing any graphics option (anything that makes you click the Apply button) will clear out all traffic on the screen. Loading a save will too, but that takes more time.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cowman posted:

There's something really weird going on with my game for first person. I noticed that 3rd person mode gives me 10fps over 1st person and I have no idea what's causing this.
Takes horsepower to render the mirrors?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cojawfee posted:

Whenever a speed limit changes down drastically, there's always a yellow sign with a miniature speed limit sign on it telling you what the new speed limit is going to be.
Happen to have a picture of an example? The only yellow signs I've ever seen with speed numbers on them are recommended speeds for upcoming curves/exits. But I've never driven in CA, and haven't driven in Nevada for many years.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

santanotreal posted:

The time limit is like over 8 hours of driving without stopping. Seems reasonable to me.
Me, too (as in I've never had a problem with it) but as another "in case you don't know" thing, press F6 and your GPS will tell you both how much time you have until they're expecting the shipment, and how much time until the game things you need to rest.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
No get your loans asap. Even maxed out, the payments are just under $8000/day, and the sooner you get drivers making you passive income the sooner you can semi-retire.

e: implied is the fact that your drivers need to do jobs to level up, too, so at first they make squat but after a few levels 3 or 4 drivers can cover your loan payments easily.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

FredMSloniker posted:

If you fired up ETS2 and turned off fatigue simulation, you could just sit in your turned-off truck and let time pass.
If you're in town, and not moving, is there time compression?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Hexenritter posted:

gently caress. That.
Sounds like "weekend in Chicago" to me!

e: oh wait, Indianapolis means he's probably down on 74 instead of 80. Welp.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Once you get east of the Rockies, you can do a whole lot of cuttin and pastin for a while.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah I’ve got the first two and the bundle is still cheaper than the last two combined.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
True, but It’s not like New Mexico is exactly dense.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
A dude is driving a horse-drawn cart across a road and a semi barrels by, while in the background a reed instrument plays what seems like Irish music.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Oops I thought they already did the Balkans but I must’ve been thinking Baltic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kibner posted:

Utah has areas that are loving gorgeous.
Eh, it’s ok.

Zion, Bryce, no biggie.