Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
This game sounds like fun, think I'll install it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Metalshark posted:

How long does it take to do Chapter 10 and what are the rewards? Oh, and is it at all interesting and/or fun?

Not long, 15 spirit and 1 more point to your favorite three basics.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Limbo #5 is apparently just killing 500ish limbo demons in midtown. #4 who knows for sure since part of it could be done last time

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Limbo #4: kitty with magik team-up killing a doop and a bunch of limbo demons

#5: 300-500 limbo demons in midtown/lmbo

Neither apparently counts for secret avenger yet so rip

Prinnybaal on the O has the achievements for killing 100k bosses in holosim and xdefense. Can your autism beat that?
That thread confirms the 1000 batroc kills too. Most likely only in cicp

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

bacon flaps posted:

If you've got decent synergy/boosts story mode is a breeze, you can be 60 in an hour or less.

If you're boosting you can level 2 heroes to 60 in an hour while chatting

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yep. We just did an onslaught raid with her and looked like our guy did really well.

Its great that you can get a carry from any hero

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I'm having this weird issue where my damage is like not going beyond a certain value even though it should

I'm stuck at like 50s ttk and dont think I'll ever get sub 30s with this weird bug

I only got 2:50 how did you cut off 2 extra mi utes?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sounds like heating issues

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'm glad I still got heroes to level to take advantage of this

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I think you can get limbo4 with the not unlocked level 10 kitteny but you need to find a dope in hollersim. I hope so at least so I don't have to spend splinters on her.

Someone go test that, not playing until tomorrow evening

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

i'm sorry silver surfer, you cannot surf down to the ground from the roof, you'll have to navigate your way to the stairs like the rest of us

I think it worked in some spots on tc

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Silvergun1000 posted:

Man, this whole leveling via the story is pretty sweet, got 2 heroes up to 60 with pretty much no effort.

Thinking of trying SW or Jean next, what are their pros/cons?

Cons: ttk to fast

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Drythe posted:

Isn't the one from the vendor just the regular version?

No the vendor has the real thing.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sdoots posted:

Alright, I took a look at the builds for GR on MarvelBase and gently caress those guys. I admittedly don't have a loving clue how to gear this to make the most of it. You probably shouldn't listen to me, most of the time when I say something in SG chat I'm told "no that's dumb". However, I love GR and have played him since he first came out. I also still haven't finished my cosmic on him that's not the goddamn point shut up.

Here's my build. You should try it maybe.

SDOOTS' REALLY COOL GHOST RIDER THAT DOES THE HELLFIRE WHAT GOOD

Max out Chains Ablaze. There are a few physical damage skills used here, but mostly we want as much crit rating as possible.
Max out Spirit of Vengeance. You're the Spirit of Vengeance. Embrace that. Be proud of it.

OH BY THE WAY I HAVE MY KEYS SET UP LIKE DIABLO 3 BECAUSE I AM A FUCKER

If I don't say max out, just dump as many as you feel comfortable with or something like that. I'm level 49 right now and can't really figure out precise numbers. I use 10 for most of them.

Put whatever you loving want in Chain Lash I don't know goddamnit. It's going to be your Mouse 1.
On 1, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Damnation.
On 2, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Infernal Skull.
On 3, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Burn the Treads.
On 4, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Penance Stare.
On 5, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Hell From Above
On 6, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put a maxed out Infernal Contract. You should use this as much as you can.
On Mouse 2, you'll be using Inferno. Because of course you will.

On the last note for powers, I have my second hotbar m1 and m2 set up so they correspond to the thumb buttons on my mouse. I have Dread on Mouse 4 and Ride on Mouse 3. 1 point in each of these is plenty.

For an Uru, I am using Mental, and Legendary is Warlock's Eye. The Hood Medallion seems to be working pretty well with the combined Physical and Mental damage bonus, as well.

The general idea here is that you have plenty of ways to lay on the hellfire stacks. Damnation applies a stack each tick, Burn the Treads applies one stack when it hits, two stacks if you charge it fully (which you should be doing anyways), and Hell From Above applies a full three stacks on hit. Additionally, you are lowering the cooldown of HFA whenever you use a Vengeance power, in this case, Burn the Treads. Inferno also applies a stack on the initial cast, so if you can get smart with your casts rather than just hit M2 a lot, you'll get a lot of benefit from each use.

As a result of all this hellfire being thrown out, Infernal Skull is almost always going to be dealing an extra 20% damage. Whenever you aren't getting everyone nice and toasty, you should be hitting them with skulls. If you run out of spirit, then you hit them with your Chain Lash, which will now be that much better due to your drained spirit pools. Chain Lash also has tremendous reach in comparison to Thrash, allowing a low health, low spirit GR to keep dealing damage.

Finally, if using Infernal Contract and cutting your health in half for the various boosts isn't working out in your favor, you always have one point in Chain Thrash by default. Swapping Lash for Thrash and taking advantage of the health recovery on hit (when the enemy is afflicted with hellfire, which they will be) works just fine.

Most Mental builds use Hellfire rather than any chains. I don't really like this approach. I feel like I'd rather get the benefits from one of the chain basics if possible, and since spirit is going to be at a premium, why not embrace that and make it a strength rather than a flaw?

The reliance on a few physical powers means this build would benefit from having a few pieces of gear with physical buffs, obviously. That said, I'm still figuring out how much to go in one direction versus the other.

gently caress, this is Hybrid isn't it? Eh, whatever. You get to hit poo poo with chains and light dudes on fire. Try it sometime.

Never cosmic

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
You can kill a boss without penance?

Also nice steam achievement spam

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

:gaz::eyepop::gaz:

glass ceiling holding a girl back

So :gaz: that the 100M max is only in the training room

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Prinny again

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

So :gaz: that the 100M max is only in the training room

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Hauki posted:

Any good and fun heroes I should look into? I hopped into discord to ask for an sg invite, but the webapp was making GBS threads the bed so I just got the actual client to try again.

Just post your ingame name and someone will get you. Witch and Thor are top tier heroes

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I would say not Silver for a very first char because he's so much different than anyone else

Yeah an actual good char.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
MINOR CHANGES & BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue where all players would be booted from an instance when the party disbands.
Added Mystic Mystery Volume 4 and 5 to count towards the Top Secret achievement.

^ going to get secret avenger on patch day

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

FranktheBank posted:

I stopped playing nude dude after the teleport "fix" nerf.

It doesn't even matter

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

to get this to drop you need to ask which wave drops it then have that xmen wave be next.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Should I bother gearing her out for the hell of it while it's available?

You just use her uniques and lots of health stuff. Try to get close to 50 for friendly passives and impact powers.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
What is this weird patch schedule, it's not the weekend yet

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Therapist posted:

What is considered an average run time for shocker in this thing?

Under 40 and you're set, under 50 and maybe in, under a minute and you're hoping everyone is lazy and don't submit

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

rip impact rouge

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 4, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

to get this to drop you need to ask which wave drops it then have that xmen wave be next.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Therapist posted:

How long did it take for these to drop?

So long that someone might get mad if I guesstimated an amount

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mover posted:

Lucas Cage has a 3:38 ttk. Our departed brother NickHimself would be proud :unsmith:

http://marvelheroes.info/build/7161/

Oh his slot5 has vuln on it

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

davebo posted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many points it would be if someone had all heroes at just red 60 but never cosmic prestiged? I'm wondering where the cutoff is for scrub-tier players who refuse to take the cosmic leap.

I'm trying not to dip below 50 on the achievement leaderboard but the Mr. Fixit outfit I finished last night was terrible and I really don't want to do any of those 300 bounty chest cosmic terminal grindfests.

19800?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ransome posted:

Oh, since it is contest time...

Weekly Stop Using Default Camera Distance Post!

default distance

option under VIDEO settings (check the box and move the slider!)

new distance

we will make fun of you every sunday on ICRs stream if you record a video with the default distance

Uhh

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
+1 to hitier

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ghostlight posted:

The game ruined my Rarest Achievement showcase because not even 1% of people have a single achievement.

I have 4 of the 7 that steam thinks 0% have

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Nice. His best slot 1 is called Fragment of Twilight. It's a raid craftable. Cheers!

If that can't be gotten by you since you're a newer player, Sword Gun works. Follow Hellvin's build because he is good at this game and ttks a lot of guys effectively:

http://marvelheroes.info/build/10450/

That's ok for a non-scourm build. Does scrotum post anywhere anymore?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Hey, just because I'm a Jean fan doesn't mean I'm anti-Emma. I'll have you know she's getting fabulously flowing hair and capes next!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

madstrike posted:

I don't remember Magneto being hard to play. Or has he been changed?

Does he still require stance dancing to be effective?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

adhuin posted:

Time to laugh at my crappy build:
Adhuin's awful build
It's designed for the first challenge within my current budget:
(No fragments nor Essences owned and no budget to reroll artifacts for better numbers)

Any glaring holes in The power build?
I usually just cruise back and forth and shoot some refracting beams at mooks. Bosses get usually the full load.

You got 7 points in deconstruct which is one your main skills to clear a screen+ worth of enemies. Since you seem to be using his ult to kill the boss you should drop everything from emf. Dash, drop vuln under him, ult, dash, sig, repulse clears him faster for you than emf.

Also put a point in reconstruct to cut decons cooldown in half.

You really need 20 in his defensive passive for shocker instead of one pointing the power one huh

Energy might be fine for you since you can probably get a few more dashes or repulses off, that is if everything still dies in one hit. Though uhh those sure are some omega picks.

Also sadness if you don't have spaceman or timeman for their synergies.

There's other issues but I started crying all of a sudden

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Beasteh posted:

What's changed in this video game since, oooh, say November. Thanks in Advance.

Deathplague is sometimes a decent human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mr. Maggy posted:

you looked more closely than i did

there's no repulse D:

i wasn't aware dude was in the contest I just looked at it like "yep that'll be fine for all content"

oh dear

I whispered him when he got surfer but I guess he doesn't have ingame whispers on.

• Locked thread