Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

So is that pretty much a straight trade, Krimz for Lekr0? Yikes.

"Hey you guys want a statistically worse player for your statistically better one?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

in case you all missed it shaGuar made it to the final table at the WSOP Main Event and might have had one of the highlights of poker eliminating one of the most hated players while shouting CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfWQS6LvFsg&feature=youtu.be&t=58m7s

He should have capped it off with a WHAT UP NOW BRITS WOOO

I love this. Had he not reacted the way he did I have to imagine no one would have gone all in there. I mean pocket kings and aces aside, that's still a ballsy move pre-flop on the final table.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I love when I derank. That just means I get to play more easy games.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I just report folks who routinely prefire me, even when holding off angles, but nothing else. Nutty shots through walls/smoke happen all the time. But consistently predicting where I'm playing and not checking/prefiring other poo poo I find really suspect.

I think radar is probably the most common out of everything. Essentially undetectable unless they get super blatant about peeks and never change up. e: words

fennesz fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 26, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So Valve. Where's my Hotline Miami 2 music kit?

gently caress HL3. Get on it bitches.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I love that production missed an anti-eco because they forgot to switch off of face cams.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Is there any way to look up people's rank on community servers?

I don't think so. If you're not sure just type "lol nt" whenever you win in 1v1 servers.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

C9 with the addition of autimatic and yung stew went from one of my least favorite teams (because they were over hyped for so long) to one of my favorites. Stewie is just fun to watch. His movement is always so on point.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

No you don't play nuke because it's a steaming pile of dogshit

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

C9 is looking extremely solid right now. I do think mouz has got to be tilted after how some of the things they've tried have gone south. Knife TK's, fumbling mollies, losing so many advantageous post plants...

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Vintage Ska :vince:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I've been a fan of SK for a lot longer but C9 is finally the team I've wanted them to be. So whoever wins, as long as they're not all 16-0's I'm fine with.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ska played really well in the semis at least. That said I'm watching football and not CS because PRIORITIES

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Agoat posted:

I liked him for a while but at Eleague he was just an rear end in a top hat. You're getting paid to talk about video games, calm down.

Thorin is the guy spamming his "LOL KYS" bind in chat after a teammate fucks up a clutch.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I missed the C9/SK game yesterday. Just watched it.

:vince:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I was absolutely floored just how one sided map 3 was. SK looked extremely tilted.

The only two rounds they won first half were huge clutch plays from cold and Fallen too. Scary stuff for sure.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Everything is still limited by cooldowns and items and all of that stupid bullshit in dota. In CS a great player can ruin an entire team with a USP.

Famethrowa posted:

Doota takes way fewer hours to become competent at, so smurfs don't matter as much as in CS. When it takes ~500 hours to be even somewhat competent at CS, someone just starting the game will be absolutely schooled by a veteran and have no fun.

This. Also if you're playing Dota I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goofballs posted:

Kind of interesting to hear what motivations he thinks the cheaters have. I don't get these people. Like with what he terms the casual guys who just want to make the game easier for themselves you shouldn't really need that in csgo. You could just stay at mg1 or silver whatever and not cheat. And the guys who just want to win, well you aren't winning and you know you aren't winning so whats the point. The ragers and the revenge cheaters I can at least understand.

I think the rationale is that cheating gets them to the rank they SHOULD be at for whatever dumb reasons they have. And that them cheating just evens the playing field against other people cheating.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

xsf421 posted:

Echofox got 6 rounds over the three maps they played.

Sounds like they got...outfoxed. :c00lbert:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

osker posted:

gently caress that, I'll take Maiden over this horse poo poo any day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPn6LLxgHw

:agreed:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

And spicy music you could deagle to like so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEsQPKIPL0I

https://gfycat.com/AfraidShamefulFairyfly

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

1. Dazed and Steel will do a good job.
2. They're well known in the community.
3. Any controversy will just do more to advertise their tournament.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I have to imagine he'll get shifted to another team where he'll be a better fit.

Honestly unless Splyce wanted to spend 6+ months doing nothing but teaching him English this was always going to be the result. Assuming he had virtually no capability to speak it before the acquisition that is.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Phosphene posted:

That

And this are the right call.

:agreed:

I do wonder if there would have been more high profile matchfixing if their punishment wasn't as severe. Assuming there is next to none right now, that is.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Make sure you throw their weapon out of the map and type "lol nice skin" into chat.

Elman posted:

It's great how Valve basically removed gun skin drops from the game now that they added sprays.

I suspect that the next operation will highlight "you can get weapon drops again!" if they ever loving release it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

As much as I dislike the Optic brand I really do enjoy all of their CS pros. The lack of respect they were showing NV in their early T side was loving hilarious. Rush and Stan were just flashing through smokes at long and always coming up trumps.

Yung Stew taught them a lot in Rank S apparently :smugdog:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Tevery Best posted:

RUSH played the SG 553 against fnatic, I can respect that.

I am legitimately surprised as to why I don't see the kreig played more in pro games. The thing is a loving 1-tap machine to anyone with halfway decent aim.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Coldzera is good at Counter Strike.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

"Kick me so I go down in elo or I'll throw"

why do I keep getting stuck with all the nerds

Don't vote to kick, make them throw and report for griefing in hopes they get overwatched.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Did you not watch them struggle against mousesports earlier? I'm very skeptical if this fnatic is even going to be worth a poo poo in a few months since they're doing the exact same things when they were having issues.

Nah. JW just forgot to turn off his dubstep and krimz was out of snus.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

K8.0 posted:

lol @ more media covering the event than fans in the stands

I wouldn't want to live in Vegas either.

The best thing about Vegas is the area surrounding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008