Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

fennesz posted:

I aim with the crosshair. It doesn't make any sense but all of my Mirage and Dust2 smokes needed to be relearned. Inferno didn't change too much but I didn't know as many set smokes for that and it got remade anyway.

Then how come smoke tutorials are helpful for me even though I'm playing at 1680x1050?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8

Pretend the staff is an AWP.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Up Circle posted:

it's been way overdue on removing some of those weird things the interface won't let you do in lobbies, but don't look at dota as a solution.

If they updated CS the way they updated Dota this game would be Call of Duty by now.

Also kills would give you +500% more money when your team's net worth is lower cause playing from behind isn't fun.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMJItKbVQw

Sometimes the game just wants you dead.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

What's up with the minimap? Sometimes you clearly spot someone for a full second and they don't show up on minimap, other times you barely get a glimpse of someone you don't even notice behind a bunch of cover and smoke, and they do show up :psyduck:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://gfycat.com/FancyMindlessHyena

:geno:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I play a lot of Dota which doesn't even have the $5 barrier to making a new account and yeah people smurf but like it's not that huge of an issue? The detection algorithm there is super good and if you dominate on an account it will (invisibily) detect you within 2-5 games. Maybe the CSGO people should wheel their wheelie desks over and ask for help.

Highlighted the important part.

They profit from both smurfs and cheaters, so they're not their top priority. There's a reason CSGO is one of the top sellers every Steam sale.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

Doota takes way fewer hours to become competent at, so smurfs don't matter as much as in CS.

Not really. If you're smurfing you can basically solo every match with any hero no problem through sheer farming efficiency. Nevermind what happens if you pick a real 1vs9 hero like Zeus or Slark.

Yeah execution is harder in CS but smurfs are huge in Dota too. It's just that smurfing in Dota is a major pain, unlike CS.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

fennesz posted:

^ Everything is still limited by cooldowns and items and all of that stupid bullshit in dota. In CS a great player can ruin an entire team with a USP.

Ever heard of Heroes of Newerth? It was basically Dota 2 before Dota 2 came out. And it had the same "buy a new account, jump right into matchmaking" model CSGO has. Here's someone I once ran into:

99% winrate over a hundred games :downs:

I haven't played either of those games in ages but seriously, smurfs were a problem. The only reason they're not in Dota is because Valve cares to stop them.

Elman fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 2, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

is people spinning the spawn for an entire map a thing people do now cause My Boy goetta had it happen to him and then i queued with him and it immediatly happened to us and its real hosed up losing on mirage when you dominated 10-5 t side and still won 3 rounds down 2 afkers on ct

Just report them for griefing, if you get Overwatch banned for griefing twice you get permabanned :v:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I feel like I'm having my gherkin jerked here because if I put it on 0.8 I would literally have to go as far horizontally as my desk would allow like 6-7 times just to turn around 180 degrees.

I feel like people aren't processing this cause it does sound like too much. Aim for ~800 sens x dpi value and tweak it from there.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I just looked at my mouse settings and I have it at 800 DPI. Times 10 ingame sensitivity is 8000.

It's seriously comical to me imagining you guys swiping your mouse like mad men over and over to slowly turn around. Not having a comfortably fast sensitivity is so fundamentally wrong I just don't get it

http://i.imgur.com/MpKj1dH.gifv

I used to have high sens back in CoD, but in CS you just need pinpoint accuracy and everything else doesn't matter that much.

Right now I can only rotate about 100º from one side of my mousepad to the other, so I have to swipe to do a 180. That's kinda awkward (I do have a small pad), but the thing is it's not usually a problem. You're supposed to position yourself properly and know where your enemies are coming from, if you get caught from behind that means you hosed up and should die. It's more important to be able to land a headshot on an enemy on your screen than to spin around looking for someone that sneaked up on you.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is Steam still getting DDoSed or something? I can't find a single match.

e: https://steamstat.us/

Elman fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 4, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is that where I know your name from

Modern Goonfare crew, man :hf:

I have a friend who plays at 5.5 sens 800 dpi, I tried it and that's still enough to comfortably do a 720 spin in 10 inches (ie waaaay too much). Just lower yours a point or two and see how that goes, you can lower it more as you get used to it. Trust me, it won't be as bad as you think.

Elman fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 5, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Teammate who's whining about dumb poo poo: "this team doesn't know the basics of CS" *buys ak round 2*

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Savage For The Winjun posted:

then why are 97.4% of all SMFC+ players i meet toxic as poo poo

I've noticed people becoming less toxic as I go up in rank. Like, I've only climbed as high as MGE but I've had games where we started 0-7 with some people getting no kills and nobody says a peep, then eventually we start winning and end up 16-9 or something. In Nova ranks people start melting down the moment you lose the 4th round if not earlier, which is probably part of the reason they're novas.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I'm in more or less a 15 game loss streak with only a couple of wins here and there. I'm consistently the top or 2nd player in my team but I consistently get 2-3 teammates that go something like 2-16 or worse.

What is going on :negative:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I finally replaced my lovely old 1680x1050 screen with a 1080p one (60hz), and holy poo poo what a change. The colors are more vivid, it's easier to spot people, the extra FOV is so nice to have and so on. Never thought it'd make such a big difference in-game.

Wish I could justify getting a 144hz one but that just seems excessive for anything but CS.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's great how Valve basically removed gun skin drops from the game now that they added sprays.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njjvWCjGZsI

:raise:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Resource posted:

I'm still in nova 3 star rank (where i started) and I feel like my aim is letting me down. I'm always aiming center mass, when I should be going for headshots, especially for pistol rounds. Is there a good map for practicing this, or do I just need to keep playing?

Lower your sens.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Also where do I send my petition to permanently delete Dust 2 from existance

Into the garbage can.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Oliester posted:

banned for 7 days after not playing for 2 months in one kick. system is working as intended

Lol if you ever get a ban > 30 mins.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo the new sound

I don't like it but it's extremely useful so I will learn it

It sounds like I'm wearing a fishbowl on my head.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Soulex posted:

Low sensitivity, high dpi?

It doesn't matter. You can have low dpi with low sens, or high dpi with ultra low sens.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So uh, how do you host an online private match now? You used to be able to host a private casual match and then switch maps and do whatever, but the option to set casual matches to private is gone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I....I got ranked back down to where I started. Is this the christmas that I finally tie the noose

If you haven't lowered your sens yet the noose is on your neck every time you start a match.