Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Bloodplay it again posted:

It isn't dumb to say "let's ignore something an astoundingly low percentage of players have an issue with and focus on bigger things that nearly everyone has issues with" but I really hope your change.org petition for jump scouting changes CS:GO mechanics for the better.

It's still a dumb mechanic and would likely take a trivial amount of time to fix as opposed to larger issues that have taken years to properly fix (example being hitboxes), so yeah, it's pretty loving dumb to outright ignore something that should be simple to fix. I've never said it ruins the game but it certainly doesn't add anything positive to a game that shouldn't be known for reliable jump shots, imo

quote:

Counter-Strike has never been as enjoyable to play as it is right now

Let's not get crazy now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

fennesz posted:

Yeah reading this thread reminds me of people in souls games complaining about "honor-less duels" or button mashing in fighting games. Just because it bothers your :spergin: ways doesn't mean it needs to be fixed.

Not sure how disagreeing with jump shots being a good thing is on :spergin: levels but OK :thumbsup:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol amazing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

qhat posted:

Newke is loving great man and that's coming from someone who absolutely loathed the old version

Absolutely this, it has been growing on me steadily. I love that there are far more options on T side now, unlike the original version where CT's could pretty much hang back and stomp if T's were even slightly uncoordinated.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

New Valve Anti-Cheat technology caught a few people cheating in Counter-Strike: Source and other games this week -- over 10,000. VAC detects anyone using cheat software and permanently bans their Steam account. We expect to see a surge of forum posts laying blame squarely at the feet of "Mumble's crosshair overlay."

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

UWBW posted:

"If I'm not blowing something up then I'm not having fun"

I think the universal question in these situations is "what rank are u????"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xenaero posted:

How many times do you chaps change your sens per month

my wiimote and DDR dance pad are both perfectly calibrated so none I guess

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Bought an Asus VG248QE a couple weeks ago, works very well for me. I had to tweak colors a bit (word of warning: almost all high rate monitors wash colors out by default) but for me it was well worth it. It's very nice seeing things move so smoothly.

Demostrs posted:

same as xens monitor and its great. 120/144hz is the best purchase you can make to get better at games because it is way better than a gaming mouse is over a regular mouse

Same as Xen, bought mine a few months ago and it makes it drat hard to go back to 60, even to do basic things on my monitor at work.

Just wish these few weeks weren't so busy so I could actually play. :qq:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

henne posted:

I hope overwatch steals a bunch of players so valve addresses some issues with cs to get them back

:agreed:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

https://twitter.com/Immortals_gg/status/738085399000535040

I don't follow League at all, but from what I've looked up, apparently their LoL team is very good and the owner is a cool guy, so I think Tempo Storm secured themselves a very good org.

maybe if they win enough games the two guys on the right can use the money to buy themselves necks :unsmith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:downsbravo: valve

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

surc posted:

First of all: Telling people who are being assholes that they are being assholes and should not be assholes is not "Some ghandi poo poo".

Secondly: gently caress you. gently caress you and your bullshit, lazy, selfish, justifying-inaction rear end. "It's hard and I don't see immediate results" is a bullshit excuse. Are you going to fix the entire counter-strike community? No. But "love the idealistic angle, but then don't do poo poo" is a cop-out of the highest order no matter what circumstances it's used in. Obviously the counter-strike (or any) community is never going to change if everybody shrugs and goes "oh well it's never going to change".
I have maybe a 40-60% success rate on getting people in my game to stop being shits in my game if I bring it up in the right way, and continue bringing it up for multiple rounds.
Am I fixing CS:GO for everybody? No.
Am I making it more likely these people will not be shits in future games? Some of them, likely yes, some of them, probably it has a small amount of influence, and might make them stop easier next time, by indicating that people will call them on it and not put up with their poo poo, and some of them, probably no.
Does it help me, personally, have a better game because they have stopped being shits in my game? Yes.

ur 2centz are dumb

i wish you luck wallowing in your poo poo-filled pool that you are too lazy to tell the next person squatting down is not a toilet.

should I go out to my car to do a quick reading of this and upload it, because I'm tempted to

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

It would pair nice with that schizo one

Macnult posted:

It's what Gandhi would have wanted.

I need to pick out a voice for this one then. Will record before I head home.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm getting fat lou's name tattooed on my forehead

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Photex posted:

Nuke is an absolute shitshow.

Newke is leagues better than old nuke.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Valve :thumbsup:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

With all the talk of $5 mics is there an actual example of one to recommend?

Yeah my old headset is still in pieces so any mic recommendations would be cool.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Reviews say it picks up a ton of background noise though :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao well, good thing they put all that effort into new sound effects for the guns!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

IIIRC, the game uninstalls itself automatically if you do that sort of thing too many times

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is mesmerizing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MF_James posted:

The fact that i can't tell the difference between source and 1.6

wtf

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xenaero posted:

e: I laughed a lot

:lol:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Put Orange Box ads everywhere like it used to be

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

jesus loving christ HLTV :barf:

Quoting this for another page because god drat lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Goofballs posted:

I dislike Dust 2 because of how op the awp is on it and whenever I see the pros play it the meta is really boring. It should go next update and only come back if the balance of the game changes in some way and just sit unchanged alongside aztec in the no one cares pile for the obsessives.

:whitewater:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

god drat I've wanted them to change the way unarmored aimpunch works for years and I'm amazed they're doing something that good (provided it makes it past the beta anyway)

I might have to slip back into the warm embrace of goonmans again

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Michael Scott posted:

Where in IL are you buddy?

It's Audi-Doody time!

I'm literally a puppet for Audi

Every one of my posts in AI is about my super reliable Audi.

It's the only car in the world, my Audi.

Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi
Audi Audi Audi Audi
Audi Audi Audi
Audi Audi
Audi

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This Jacket Is Me posted:

This is why you take your kids camping or whatever every now and then. It starts with weekend-long point-and-click internet video murder game simulations and before you know it they're mainlining Medusas(???) in their Ferrari which you have no idea how they got, aiming for the world's first IRL ace with nothing but a speedhack and a molotov. Shake ny god drat head mods ban me to the dadzone

are you ok, do you have someone you can call

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Have they added the riot shield back in yet

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

Ephedra played left handed inverted like some sort of demon

Miss you pheds

#EphedraComeHome

#CentComeHome

Bring em back

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cs_estate, everyone stack up in the bedroom with the hostages

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The xm rules, I wish it made the Quake 1 shotgun sound when it fired

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i'm just gonna post a bunch of old videos from goonman days of yore, don't mind me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPycUftNjR4

lol drat I had that long run of being able to actually drop people with the scout regularly (e: referencing Prost powers, not the killing happening in the video to be clear)

Unfortunately not playing for over three years has deeply diminished my powers to the point of being unreasonably bad

ProstiDUD 😞

(Also that is from ten years ago, holy poo poo)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Some initial thoughts

-It's good!

-SMGs feel insanely good right now, to a hilarious and annoying extent

-Dualies feel BUSTEd as poo poo and it's also very funny

-Wins aren't being tracked properly? A bunch of us MM'd and it only counted one of our three wins, which sucks given the 10-win requirement for ranking, so I'm hoping that irons itself out

-Overpass still sucks rotten rear end in a top hat

-Galil has improved and feels like an actual, good rifle to use. FAMAS is unfortunately FAILMAS

-This game is very pretty

-New bells in inferno are cool

Can't wait to goonman later this week.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

did the most important thing and found the optimal viewmodel settings :cool:

(offsets for x to 1, y to 1, z to -2, I can't do the doom/quake position anymore lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

glad you got your rank, face, lol