Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mukaikubo posted:

Just had another comp ruined by a pair of dudes griefing. I love solo queueing, it's the bestest.

edit: I'd finally gotten my own head right and started playing like I'm supposed to, and so clearly that's when to hit me with the griefer train. I love solo queueing.

You can send announcements in the Nova group!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Laputanmachine posted:

I want to do some co-op missions in the wildfire campaign but all my friends are butts who queue dust2 ad infinitum.

Please shoot mans with me

EU, Nova 1, was MGsomething last year but then took a break.

We're mostly NA, but I will shoot you an invite to our group for Novas

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Smithereens posted:

i don't believe you

Weirdly, my silver experience was way better then the Novas. No one knew what they were doing, and it was OK.

Maybe it's chill smurfs, or maybe they have accepted their lot in life as forever silvers

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The whining about awp shots reminds me about the whining about tf2 crits, but somehow considerably stupider.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

OxySnake posted:

TF2 crits haven't been a part of any competitive matches for years.

Crits in TF2 serve a purpose to lessen the skill gap between new and more experienced players and have a function in casual play.

Jumping awp shots are dumb and should be toned down considerably.

If you base your strategy around luck you will get wrecked almost every time.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

holy poo poo. he's the kid who got the FBI called on SA.

I take back my comments about you guys being too hard on him :stare:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

How did you guys know that I was drunk? I jest. I 30 bombed the game before the one I played with you. I went from not so drunk to drunk very fast. I didn't remember playing that game. Apparently I also got a drop last night which I sold and...I peed on my wall. :smith: I should probably stop drinking so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dP1DJaQYUM

Oh sterster :allears:

ster is probably the best gold nova player and probably is at MG in all reality, he just likes his beer :shrug:

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 13, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ArfJason posted:

also heres the bind thing

code:
//Duckjump Script
alias +dj "+duck;+jump"
alias -dj "-duck;-jump"
bind space +dj
Self explanatory, makes a perfect DuckJump on every spacebar. Has some marginal usefulness in comp, but it's perfect for kz.

This is essential unless you like looking like a doofus failing to jump on Cat from Mid on D2

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Spiros posted:

I've only done that maybe once, forums poster Famethrowa. It's surprisingly easy.

Should qualify that with "especially if you already have to bind every key to your mouse" :v:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Spiros posted:

DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN

Both maps that are hell to soloqueue on because lmao at pubbies coordinating pushes or throwing smoke

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sleppy posted:

SA ignore stats:

At least 295 people it seems.

The LEM of people putting on their ignore list. Brazil puts out some great trolls

I'm actually impressed

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 15, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Capt. Sticl posted:

God can smurfs be frustrating. Guy just dropped 60 om us. lost 16-9.

I'm impressed you got 9 rounds with him getting 4ks almost every round. His team must have been terrible.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

nosl posted:

To my dismay, I have not played in a while and my rank has changed from DMG to Nova 1. The amount of trash these kids spew in their mic is retarded. Even if they're in their 20s, they're still garbage and won't let you hear footsteps, dont take shots that are easy as hell, etc. Please kill me.

the rank shifts are way more accurate and you probably always were a GN at heart :ssh:

also a voice_scale bind that mutes your teammates where you're trying to clutch is essential.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Inferno is a good map, nuke sucks poo poo.

Any map that makes you anxiously turn in circles because the enemy can come from literally anywhere is a bad map. It's pure luck to be facing the right way to defend a site.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mukaikubo posted:

yeah nova group is basically "welcome, fellow poo poo-tier player! let us be poo poo together and laugh and have a good time instead of being poo poo with pubbies and running into griefers and trolls" instead of strictly GN1-GN4

I need to go and give people rights so they can send announcements. Get some 5 stacks going.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

A good front page article

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

C) An understanding of what makes the bad community made maps bad.

for example, Nuke.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

There are too many things going wrong in Nuke to learn from when you're just starting.

E: :( (I wanted new nuke to be good so badly, and it juuuuuuust misses in so many ways)

Spawn is still too far away
Impossible to tell what site deaths are happening at on the minimap
Why even have outside?
Catwalk is hilariously unfair to site defenders
Still pretty much instant rotations on CT side
If you lose pistol, you lose the game.
Why bother going roof as T? You'll only get picks if CT's are playing dumb.

...Yeah there is a lot going on that is bad

Sucks since a vertical map is a really cool idea. Just, with the meta that Counterstrike has, vertical maps don't seem to work too well. All the balanced maps seem to be boring corridor maps :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

brian posted:

Why on earth does it matter if he can make a good or bad map in terms of efficiency and occlusion and whatnot when all he wants to do is make very basic looking box map for putting in training stuff? I'm pretty sure he's mostly asking about any form of scripting that you can do to enable stuff like not firing when moving or headshot only or whatever.

I was making a throwaway joke because I am still bitter about Nuke replacing Inferno :shrug:

also

surc posted:

There are too many things going wrong in Nuke to learn from when you're just starting.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nuke is actually a good map and I'm excited to see how its meta plays out now that pros will have to start playing on it

the meta is whoever starts on T-side has to catch up from 2-13

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Jesus Christ.

Black Tie XM reminds me how much I wish CS had more simplistic and classy skins, and less Ed Hardy garbage. :sigh:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Rosh posted:

I've been in a few GN1 games lately where one of my teammates has a stupid Dragonlore and at least 2 of the other guys obsess over it (and the rest of the dude's gambling inventory) for the whole match instead of focusing on the game AT ALL. It's the best.

did I carry you a few days ago/tilt your entire team by taunting them repeatedly?

was dragonlore a dumbass streamer?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Rosh posted:

Dunno. My steam alias is ChAoS, and I don't see your forum name on any of my last 8 scoreboards (if you were even being serious). I don't think any of the dragonlore guys have been streamers though. Even in losses lately I haven't had bad vibes teams at least.

100% serious, but you weren't in my game. Same thing happened, GN1 game with my whole drat team gawking over his Dragonlore and dumb knife collection.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

On the other hand I feel really appreciative to good vibes Ixtlilton. I feel he wants me to get better. I feel bad when I play like poo poo but he for the most part puts up with it and says next time X. Learn smoke Y so we can do Z.

Point being. Getting poo poo on takes 10x longer to get better then practicing and being coached.

Ix made me the man I am today. Brought me from Silver to Nova so I can regularly disappoint him. Any newbie looking to get good should queue with him.

Also we saw Murder By Death together and it was pretty sweet.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ArmZ posted:

I've been trying different pistol round buys lately. what do people think of p250, smoke, flash? If your team is buying armor, should you do the same or get a gun and/or nades to mix things up, and vice versa?

Depends on what side you are on, what site you are holding, what map it is...

That buy is pretty decent if you are holding a close angle on CT side, especially since T's will usually be buying armor. Though, glocks are really inaccurate and picking them off from a distance, when possible, with a USP is optimal.

On T side it depends on your team. If you are coordinated I like the raid boss setup, one guy buys armor and is given a tec9, one or two buys smokes and flash, rest buy armor only.

If not, I usually just buy armor, since the glock is a garbage gun and you have to be close up.

henne posted:

Ct: kit+p250

I hate aimpunch so much, but considering the rounds I've lost lately where we killed T's but didn't get the bomb, I need to start sucking it up and doing this buy. :sigh:

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 29, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Why do people ever buy decoys? All they ever do is throw them mid or in spawn.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fennesz posted:

This is what pistols are for. I've won a stupid amount of fights simply because I jiggle peeked behind cover, tossed my pistol and shot him in the back as he turned.

Saw a dude fake someone out by throwing his AWP the other day :v:

I knew about the fake flash usage, maybe I should try it sometime.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NTT posted:

What the gently caress is all this

new nuke

revolver

im poo poo

Don't use the revolver

Don't play newke

yw

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MC2552John posted:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want my sens to not be so small that can't do a 180 from the center of my mousepad, right? I got a bigger pad and I am trying to figure out how much to lower my sens, thanks.

5.3@1300 dpi

quote:

Some might say this forum has plenty of terrible poo poo posters, but go to any other free forum and there is usually an obvious difference in overall quality.

lmao

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Loving Life Partner posted:

I'm starting to feel the call of the AWP, I never pick one up or buy one because it's just not my thing, but I was a pretty badass poo poo kicking sniper back in the HLDM/TFC/S&I days and the AWP in CS:GO seems to have a lot less voodoo around it than the one in CS beta 4/5/1/1.6 did.

Anyway, I clutched a 3v1 as a CT today after grabbing one and it felt good :shobon:

2 rando questions:

Is scout early game only or does it serve any type of purpose mid game/late game?

Does anyone else just get tired of spray pattern horse poo poo with rifles and buy easier to control SMGs? The MP7 is like a comfort food gun for me, I know I won't have a "gently caress!" moment where 17 bullets encircle the person's head at close-to-mid-range, and it lets me build a strong eco for late game. I've found myself buying an MP7 maybe 50% of the time I could get a rifle.

UMP is perfectly serviceable in most rounds, have gotten more then a few 4k's against rifles. That said, AK/M4 will always be better. Scout is fun to smack someone for 80~ and then glock to death.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

also your just bad

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

xsf421 posted:

At GN1, if you throw a smoke, someone will rush it with a p90. It's like cause and effect.

I never used to camp long doors, but then I noticed how often pubstars with p90s like to rush it. Best is when you prefire a guy because he's done it every round and they call hacks :v:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

3kp made infernew, has some good ideas, some that ain't, but it's less of a flaming garbage pile than his newke
https://youtu.be/I8SItnJStSo

A site looks better, B is a hilarious spool-y mess.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

UWBW posted:

"If I'm not blowing something up then I'm not having fun"

good luck ever actually rescuing a hostage without killing every T first.

unlike in bomb defusal, where you regularly win with 1-2 CT's left, and ninja defusals on CT side are a legit strategy.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

UWBW posted:

or maybe it's that I play CSGO while tanked but who knows

we need a support group for decent players who are stuck in ELO hell because they always play tanked

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Thorgot posted:

The giant betting site ads on the side were already bad enough. This is the nail in the coffin for me thinking that HLTV is any sort of journalistic website.

Actually it's about ethics in video game journalism

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Spiros posted:

I always play "tanked" and I'm not in ELO hell. Perhaps...perhaps you are there for other reasons O_O

As the leader of GooNovas, tagline: "all the bad nova plays in one group"

I agree

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

A TURGID FATSO posted:

If this is what novas play like these days then I don't even want to imagine how awful silvers have become.

rosetinted asses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fennesz posted:

Second day in a row my PC has shut itself down to install windows 10 while I'm the middle of a game :thumbsup:

seriously, gently caress windows.