Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A new bonus mission has been announced, returning to Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT8ksrKxPEU

It'll be free for everyone who owns the game, but Io are asking players to donate to the World Cancer Research Fund if they can. Which is fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Oh sweet, I just assumed that you needed to unlock the next mission by playing in order. I didn't even check to see if I could jump ahead.
The episodic release thing was what stopped people from jumping ahead at release. :) (It was also to try and convince more people to replay missions a bunch and try and get SA instead of just playing the "story" through once and wondering what all the fuss is about)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

where the red fern gropes posted:

for shiekh, the trespass room next to where you find the invitation, there is a locked door leading outside - if you go there early and lockpick it, shoot the car outside - it's the shiekh's car, he'll come investigate, you can knock him out and disguise as him
If you've unlocked the Tech Crew starting point and start with a lockpick, you can also quickly wander over to his room through the room with the piano, hide behind the sofa and subdue him quietly when he starts making his phone call. Then you can drag him back out the room into the cupboard in the piano room. Boom! Disguise.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 11, 2017

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This month's patch is out:

quote:

Simplified Chinese Language Support
We've added full menu and subtitle support for Simplified Chinese on PC.

Performance
We've fixed some rare issues that could cause the game to crash or be unstable.

Missing Exits
We've fixed an issue that could prevent exit points from appearing after killing the target(s).

Paris Suspend
We've fixed an issue that could cause guards and targets in Paris to suspend their routines, after specific player actions.

Subdue Prompt
We've fixed an issue that could cause the 'subdue' prompt to disappear when an NPC is picking up an item or when they are close to a wall.

Scoring Adjustment
We've fixed an issue where the 'Never Spotted' bonus was not awarded in certain cases.

Sapienza Lab
We've fixed an issue that could cause 47 to be 'spotted' in the Sapienza Lab, even whilst 'blending in'.

Hokkaido Landscape
We've fixed a rare issue that could cause 47 to fall 'out of world' in Hokkaido.

Contracts Search Favourites
The Contract Tile now displays an icon to show whether that contract has been added to 'My Favorites'

Sticky Pistol (Escalation)
We've fixed an issue where the 'Sticky Pistol' countdown would expire, despite 47 having the pistol equipped on a ledge.

The Incarnation Non-Accident
We've fixed an issue in the 'Meiko Incarnation' Escalation where dumping an NPC in a specific area would not result in an accident kill.

Disappearing Act
We've fixed an issue that could cause a holstered large weapon to be lost when activating the diorama in Paris.

Fire Safety
We've fixed an issue that could cause NPC's to teleport away when they are burning.

HDR Launcher
We've fixed an issue where the 'HDR' option could not be enabled in the game's launcher on AMD cards.

Sun Spots (HDR)
We've fixed an issue that could cause black pixels to appear around bright light sources when HDR is enabled.

Additional
We've also fixed other minor issues involving AI dialogue, audio and VO consistency, escalation completion marks and we've slightly reworded some menu text to make it more consistent.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

My dudes, is it known where tomorrow's ET will be? I still have a couple of levels to fully master and would like to hit level 20 on them before an ET arrives.
Colorado.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Oh yeah, if you want to give iO more money, the cosmetic pre-order DLC snuck onto Steam at some recent point and is $2.50 as part of the sale on the main game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

Kotti's the guy on the balcony in Sapienza (thanks to winning a contest in the Absolution days), and he also got to co-design the Kotti Paradigm escalation. He's also one of the most vocal, obsessive and entitled of the streamers in the Hitman community- a group of people who get really angry if everything the devs do doesn't cater to their speedrun/streaming/obsessive challenge style of play. These are people who get mad that it's not possible to complete every target, escalation and ET suit only, or from across the map using (traffic-generating) explosive tricks. If he's the one behind this, it's probably because he wants to use it as leverage to make the devs do something.
Maybe he should make a million posts about a dream difficulty setting that makes everything ultra-tedious in the megathreads for at least two games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

where the red fern gropes posted:

the hitman tv show should involve 47 showing his high level of expertise at various things with the actual murder being an afterthought
It's basically a travel show, but during the talking-head interviews with whoever's being featured you can occasionally see a pair of limp feet being dragged away through an open door in the background.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

shut up blegum posted:

Am u missing something? I just reached level 20 mastery on Sapienza but the morgue starting location still isn't unlocked?
You need to actually go to the morgue and get in the open coffin.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Alternatively, it could be for Kan3 & Lynch.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/859344806811762689

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Boiled Water posted:

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20170511_01en.pdf

"We lost 4898 million yen ($48M) and can't take it anymore". If anyone remember this was the way that THQ went as well, pouring enormous budgets into everything and anything without an idea of reception or return. It's the highest order of incompetence.
The $48 million loss was their investment in Io. Square Enix itself actually recorded record sales and profits, primarily due to the PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider and FF15.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

gently caress these japanese pieces of poo poo I hopetheir company goes under

Ain't gonna be for a while.

(In English: In the last fiscal year they made $816 million from "HD games" and $732 million from mobile games)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/875292495504080898

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Of note:

1.) According to a developer on NeoGAF, IO got "a good deal" from Square, for whatever that's worth.

2.)
https://twitter.com/IO_Travis/status/875736080313659392

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

HelixFox posted:

I really hope they introduce some way to revisit past elusive targets for people who bought the game after its initial release.
It doesn't sound like they have any plans to do this, partly because it'd take away from the uniqueness of the whole thing, and partly because, frankly, the Elusive Targets aren't as "solid" as the rest of the game in their opinion. Shortcuts are apparently taken where players wouldn't notice due to the whole only-one-shot thing.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Is ICA some sort of quasigovernmental organization, or fully private? Or what?
As I understand it, the ICA is fully privately owned and funded, but it enjoys the co-operation of various government agencies around the world (The Showstopper, for example, was contracted out by MI6.)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New content (NOT SEASON TWO) announcement later this month:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/916266380630134786

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

You're all wrong, we're assassinating Ubisoft, by the looks of it.
Our client, Vivendi SA, has asked that you apply extreme discretion. Being seen as hiring contract killers to aid a hostile corporate takeover is rarely good for one's stock price, after all.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/926001998725607424

I guess they resolved the season two cutscene thing without a publisher's money?

(I haven't actually looked at the comic I could be wrong)
I haven't either, but IO's website says the comic is about 47's past.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Io have confirmed that a "next Hitman game" is in development, but that they aren't saying anything about it until some time next year.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Monthly schedule is up. The Forger flies back into Paris on Friday.

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/929275255058657280

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Either they're counting GOTY Edition for some reason or Io's working on another small side thing.

New interview about Io becoming independant. Some of the dot points:

• Squeenix doesn't receive a single dollar of GOTY sales. It all goes into Io's Hitman bucket.
  • Player numbers of Hitman Season 1 have increased since the start of 2017 from two to seven million non-dormant players.
  • Io lost the rights to Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch in the divorce, but were somehow able to keep the Freedom Fighters IP.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there a new elusive target yet
The Prince returns to Sapienza on the 15th. You'll have 10 days.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1003667740857491456

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Have they said anything about making elusive targets into permanent missions in season 1? I only get to play this game occasionally and it sucks missing out on those so having them to play whenever would be nice.
Yeah, they've said in the past that they won't do it. Partially because it'd take away what makes them special, partially because they're less "solid" than the main missions.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Stream is a couple of minutes away.
https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=hitman

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like the co-op mode is available immediately?

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1004770401229025280

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Booty Pageant posted:

but... will they expand on the world of voice actors?????
I recall reading that they've got more voice actors in, but that the ones we're all so familiar with are back as well.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The minimum system requirements on the Steam store page still lists a 60gb install, which is interesting.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

I hope they’re able to bring over Season 1 maps for physical owners, I jumped into the game with the season 1 steelbook.
I actually wonder how they're gonna handle this. I don't have a console version, but I doubt it had a Rock Band-style export code packed in.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

Police in Hitman's world have the ability to scan victim's brains to know the last thing's they saw before dying, but they also are too dumb to look in hampers.
Well, I mean, clearly they're dealing with a professional serial killer with a genius-level IQ. Only a complete and total idiot would hide in a cupboard, so clearly he can't be there. :v:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Some footage of the remastered Hitman Season 1 levels was shown at PAX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG9Fo0Morwo

To summarise:
  • You can bring the briefcase back to Season 1 and cart your Sniper Rifle around without raising suspicion, providing a lot of new options re: places to ventilate skulls from.
  • Security cameras now trigger a picture-in-picture shot of the camera's perspective when they record you, and a cone of their vision is drawn on the floor in Instinct view.
  • Oh, and if a camera sees you when you're trespassing, guards will start hunting you. Because someone's gotta be watching the security feeds, right?
  • You can blend into the crowds to lose pursuers.
  • You can now hide yourself, bodies, etc. in tall foliage. Colorado has received a bunch of additional fauna to let you take full advantage of this.
  • NPCs can actually see you in mirror reflections, potentially foiling your plans for restroom violence.
  • When an NPC gets distracted and decides to investigate a suspicious noise, a picture-in-picture shot will pop up of the NPC in question so you know exactly who's coming from where.
  • Flashbangs and Concussion Grenades are now in your equipment stash, providing new options for non-fatal removal of multiple guards at once.
  • Guards have smarter combat AI, making an attempt to flank the player.
  • Combat has a lot more visual effects (smoke, debris etc.)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Blog Post giving the details

• You earn a point by killing the target you're given. Once a target's down, the other player has a limited amount of time to get that kill, or they'll miss out on keeping the score equal. (Of course, killing non-targets costs points)
  • Scattered around the map are "Ghost Crates" with a selection of items. You can only take one item... but that means the other player won't be able to take that item.
  • Each player is within their own instance of the world, although you can see the other player, along with their disguise and equipped item.
  • Certain "ghost items" can be used to actively gently caress with the other player. For example, a Ghost Coin that makes a noise and attracts attention in both players' instances of the world...
  • If you die, you'll respawn in the world with the same disguise and combat status. You don't lose points for dying.
  • Ghost Mode will only be available in Miami at launch, with support for other levels (including Season 1) rolling out after launch.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
According to a USGamer preview, the Ghost Coin is the only instance-crossing Ghost Item so far, but they're looking into other ones. I suspect it's a gentle balance to strike between "screwing with the other player" and "throwing them into an endless gunfight they can't escape"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

Mirrors? What?
NPCs can actually see your reflection in mirrors now, which can complicate, say, subduing someone in a bathroom.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1056932581470597121

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

No idea what "odd Limitations" could be

quote:

The only problem with being presented with such a staggering array of interactions is that the limitations of the sandbox will eventually reveal themselves if you push the wrong way. For example, while you can stash bodies in dumpsters and closets, I was disappointed to discover I couldn't stash them in one of many vacant portable toilets. While Agent 47 can leap tall fences and shimmy across daringly high ledges, he seemingly can't muster the courage to drop down from certain first-floor balconies.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

Question. Will Hitman 2 also follow the model of releasing the missions every couple of months or is this pretty much a complete game?
All the locations are available from the off. There are two DLC expansion packs planned that will bring a new location each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Idk if there's any big advantage whether you want to immediately retread s1 levels, maybe get a sniper rifle slightly faster.
You can get a real good sniper rifle from the GOTY Marrakesh escalation.