Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

zedprime posted:

Go ahead, turn it off and rip out the hydraulic pump, it'll be the safest it can ever be. Got to be moving to be dangerous you know, that's simple science.

This is the OSHA thread, in what possible world are boom lifts being used properly? That's the sort of "if" this entire thread is making fun of.

As a tree a guy. I love this picture. This is why you don't rent one of those for tree work. God thats awesome, wish I could show it to every hick/suburban Republican who I wasted my time writing up a work order for...only to be met with the implication that I'm running scam charging fair prices for SAFE work.

Look at that tiny pile of woodchips to the left. They JUST started on that tree. God I'm loving this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Jesus didn't wear chaps

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Hubis posted:

Jokes on you guys, that's a Husqvarna habit

~Stihl Supremacy~

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Torque wrench? You just gun it til it clicks, right?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Never been sad to see a cabover get wrecked

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Thumposaurus posted:

Wine barrel fermented too fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SKjjvGoeJM
Looks like tubgirl

Wish my hangover poo poo went that well this morning, gently caress

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Propaganda Hour posted:

Mexico is having a hell of a September. From the earthquake today:

https://gfycat.com/dapperpointedjay
People lost their homes here and that is bad. But these videos I've seen so far seem to suggest a lower order of chaos than you'd think an earthquake would invoke: alarms going off and being heeded, people following procedures, emergency reactions occurring decisively - general things that make me optimistic.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Rigging: achieved.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
hey i dont come to the OSHA thread for survival shaming yurtbros

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

lol thats so loving pathetic. good thing my guys just run saws over with skid steers. I'm sensing that it was a left handed person because that angle is so retarded.

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 5, 2017

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

So... drowned or crushed by the ferry?

lol I tried to see if "Drove Off Ferry Drowned" would bring it up on Google...good god drat:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796854/Impatient-motorist-speeds-ferry-ramp-early-ends-plunging-straight-SEA.html

Apparently he made it.

I mean his body was brought onto shore at least, good enough for Russians or w/e.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Random Encounter posted:

Unprotected camera crew and announcers within 20 feet of these things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ouLX8Q9UM&t=1282s

Lol. Something about that 'set' feels very cramped and a poor choice.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
God that gif gives me flashbacks to looking after students when I taught, and how just walking down from one classroom to a computer lab was like a test for who would do the dumbest thing.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Lol 180 days in jail because the stupid loving thing was "historic"

Also I like the detail how she had to drive truck on Christmas day

Basically I support whatever destroys the infrastructure and cities of Indiana

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Sockington posted:

poo poo, we didn't learn that one this week. I *just* finished my IRATA Lvl.1 assessment this morning. Climbing ropes to get to the jobs instead of scaffold now.:shrug:

Do tell more!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Took me a few loops to notice the guy at the bottom who apparently doesn't give a gently caress.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Alobar posted:

The dumbest loving argument against it is "the seatbelt will cut me up if I get in an accident." Stupid loving rednecks, I swear to loving god.

My small-time local newspaper actually published a letter to the editor proudly defying seatbelts and questioning the assault on liberty that is their legality.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Senor P. posted:

Does anyone know what these are supposed to be?

Square bottom, coninical top?

An even more dangerous conesplitter than the one above

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

Lets just change the term to "Everything is a dildo, like it or not"

my company runs one of these for "log splitting" :getin:

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 6, 2018

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im trying to figure out what his problem was (other than stupidity), did he bust a leaf spring or some poo poo?

or are they cutting something out of there?

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 7, 2018

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

SniperWoreConverse posted:

from probably a thousand replies in the past but :sbahj:
I dunno if it's osha but I learned pretty young if you lose traction tuck your fuckin head in & away from where your body's going
unless you get booted out of a car or down a slope if you tuck in you're a lot more likely to avoid busting up limbs or brains
this is extraordinarily painful looking goddamn

I mean you can feel when it's too late and your going down -- you gotta fuckin tuck, you're not going to ninja leap to safety or even get your legs under you take the hit with your body where it'll be fine do bust out your brainstem or the joints in your arms or legs.

cursed as gently caress i'm cross posting this to cursed thread

e jfc I've been drunk off my rear end and still avoided bouncing my skull like that gently caress me get some goddamn salt or grit next time relevel the fucker so it drains away or something

i slid on ice once and took a Ford Focus key through the palm. loving lol

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

So Math posted:

(Sorry if this is a repost.)

Sup I'm here

Check out my "opening a beer can with a forklift" vid

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

I'm surprised he's not wearing gloves.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Platystemon posted:

Hawaiian honeybees are often a hybrid of the European and African subspecies, which makes them aggressive.

Woah don't even try to ruin the high horse everyone is on. Out of the dozen bee species on the islands it was definitely a bunch of wild honey bees

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
slight OSHA, at least something interesting I encountered on the job site:

Here is a bee nest that scared the living gently caress out of a coworker, when he made the cut that revealed it:

'twas sweet

Bees were found and identified as wild honey bees back in August, we left the spar for months until the bees peaced out...im sure they found another dead rear end tree around that neighborhood.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Rosemont posted:

I'm guessing a boulder went bouncing merrily down a hill and managed to wedge itself in there. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a weirder explanation, though, thanks to what I've seen in this thread in the past. :j:

Kinda looks like a landscaping stone, maybe he took a turn justtt right

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

GotLag posted:

Bee movie is a crime against human- and bee-kind alike

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Giving someone a bee movie av is a crime against humanity.

Wrong, you guys suck rear end

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Icon Of Sin posted:

Dude’s got some solid reaction time, just one shouldn’t try to catch part of a tree trunk at high speed :v:

great reaction time, poor decision making....thats a treefuckler alright :clint:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i just thought of an awesome username for a truckfuckling forums poster

"Seedy L" :cool:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
does anybody know what I'm talking/have the story about some Russians, Soviet-era I believe, who had to do maintenance on a microwave radio or something before it let out another pulse and fried their organs? something in an X-files episode just made me think about that

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Nth Doctor posted:

I know the one. Let me see if I can find it.

E:

This isn't the article I read before but it has broad strokes.

:tipshat:

ah so somebody was "burnt to ashes"

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Renegret posted:

A few months ago, a car drove into the building where my wife worked. To us, it was such a big deal and we couldn't understand how the gently caress something like that could happen.

Once the police/fire department got on site, they got the whole area cleared out, inspected, car towed away, paperwork and statements done and processed within a half hour. So my wife asked the Fire Marshall, how often do cars drive into buildings that your're so well practiced at it?

About twice a week, he said. Just in their town alone.

I live in a pretty lovely part of town and... I would love to see how much municipal money is taken away from everything else just to pay for the 3-4 traffic lights and light poles I see knocked down every month. theres one corner by my house that simply cannot maintain a working traffic light due to 2002 Ford Explorers loving it up

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

gently caress safety this poo poo rules

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Ah yes that result was a "twist" of fate certainly.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Hexyflexy posted:

I do not want that lot having an ICBM.

Same but every lot

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
it needs 30 FULL SPINS to be ready for the load DO NOT NOT SPIN THIS

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
which is pretty loving ironic considering the logging cut he put on it

there is no good way to fell a tree of that size next to your house that doesn't involve topping it down or putting a line at the top to guide

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the best tree jobs are when a client is having a tree removed and the landscaping below it re-done. you just cut the trunk as big as you feel like it and watch with wonder as it smashes tons of poo poo. you'd think it would go faster but you end up rubbernecking all the sweet bombs you're dropping

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Lead out in cuffs posted:

There's a four-storey-high birch tree between my three-storey apartment building and the one next door. It's right on the property line, about 10 feet from both buildings. The landlord wants to get rid of it. I got him a quote from an arborist, which came to $2,300, since you'd need to rig the tree not to fall on either building (or the parked cars in the road). That cost also includes getting a permit from the City, since that's required by law to cut down any tree bigger than 20cm diameter.

Pictured: the tree.

Him: "So I got that quote. That's a lot of money."
Me: "Yeah, that's what it takes to do it safely and legally."
Him: "Nah, it'll be fine. I'll come by with my chainsaw and cut it down myself. You'll see. I've done it loads of times. "
Me: :stonklol:

This hasn't happened yet, but I'm planning on not being in the building when and if it does.

yeah that thing isn't jack poo poo i wouldn't worry about it. lol having to get a permit every time you cut a tree though what a loving racket....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
a permit for every single tree would be a racket where I work and most places, since the state keeps tabs on us in other ways and it wouldn't really make anything safer for anybody...

and that tree aint jack poo poo.

if anything permits like those are for environmental purposes or states trying to keep track on urban greens, not safety oriented. but again, my municipality just does that on their own without passing the cost to arborists

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 3, 2019