Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Hey sometimes I come in here and drive by post and lurk a bit, hope that's cool. I'm glad you're here. Well, love to stay and chat but I'm off to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Is Mike Tyson Mysteries anime?

Finger Prince

cda posted:

No, but now I want to know what it is

Do you have a weed and a netflix? Then you definitely want to find out what it is. Even if you don't have a weed.

Finger Prince

People need to see this but I can't post a thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATZy-ZqD7A

Finger Prince

kuskus posted:

I have been hanging out at this Taco Bell waiting for Jesus to walk by so I can motion for him to come in and ask him what I should do about boner in public and if I should feel bad. Jesus, tell me: is it natural, is there nothing to fear. And do you want one of these tacos because I can only eat two and I ordered three.

But Jesus, you said you would share my tacos always, but I look at my tray and I see but three tacos. Didst thou forsook me? And Jesus said, no my son. I when there were three tacos it is because I had ordered another one because I knew even though you said you could only eat two tacos I knew you totally could eat three, and also I was getting a refill of doctor pepper.
Praise be the lord.

Finger Prince

I like dark chocolate but it makes me sneeze every time.

Finger Prince

biosterous posted:

what salad dressings do you orbs usually have? right now i have a bottle of raspberry vinaigrette that i am enjoying, i will probably buy more when it runs out

Usually just Olive oil and a few splashes of balsamic, or sometimes rice vinegar if I don't have any. I don't like saucy salad. Sometimes I'll get fancy and shake together some fancy mustard, garlic paste, and other stuff with the oil and vinegar and make an actual dressing, but usually not.

Finger Prince

Stoner Sloth posted:

all in all a good morning for finding out about interesting shows, and a good morning (every morning is) to post in the 'yob with all you fine friends and posting pals!!

I posted this in the too high to post thread but everybody needs to check out The Midnight Gospel on Netflix. Hopefully experience the absolute magic I did. I dare not watch it sober because I'm not sure it would reach the same level.

Finger Prince

Kief Richards posted:

one of my friends made banana bread and i'm gonna get that recipe. i think it's quarantine banana bread time, baby.

One time in ancient history, my friends made some banana bread with bud butter made with like all the shake from the plants he grew and the whole loaf tasted like sweet Pine Sol with chocolate chips and that whole experience scared me off edibles ever since.

Finger Prince

Is it sweep stakes, or sweeps takes?

Finger Prince

owlhawk911 posted:

i stole a 1990 subaru legacy wagon from a vacation home to facilitate the commission of further crimes

i have to this day never bought shoes

I mean, he says he's never bought shoes, but that's just because he walks around in sock feet everywhere.

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

gaudy marigold everyone! i am looking at the weather and we are at 95% humidity and that seems wrong.

In the jungle, welcome to the jungle, Heather Papps is gonna _ keep some b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bees, bees! Huh. So many honey bees.

Finger Prince

Pahilla the Hun posted:

sorry for the cusses but oh god the itching

vodka helps.

Heat some metal nearly hot enough to burn but not quite, like under hot tap water, then press it against the bite for a minute or two even if its kinda agonizing. Itch goes away.

Finger Prince

So there was a bee hive on the roof of the building across from me. It disappeared a while back. Well today it's back and it brought a friend! Two beehives chilling on the roof. What do you think happened? The one was gone for at least a month or two. Maybe taken back to bee HQ during the lockdown?

Finger Prince

I never learned how to add a sig :negative:
Do I need to use img tags? Or does it need to be approved by an admin?

Finger Prince

Goons Are Great posted:

You just put the image in the sig box in your UCP using regular BBCode, yeah. It's super easy, not admin or mod involvement needed, it goes through automatically and all posts have it, even old ones.

Tyvm! I was confused by the "img tags OFF" words.

Finger Prince

I don't think I did it right.

Finger Prince

Did this work?

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 27, 2020

Finger Prince

Pahilla the Hun posted:

i love you, but, no just tiny squares on my end friend

I downloaded and reuploaded vanisher's gif and both seem to work as img tags but don't show up as a sig.

Finger Prince

Ok I tried everything I could think of...

Finger Prince

I did it! And I don't know what I did! But it worked so that's a result!

E-oh goddamnit

Finger Prince

I think maybe it's an awful app thing... This posted from chrome.

Finger Prince

And this posted from awful app.

Finger Prince

prepuce repurposed posted:

the app doesn't automatically post your sig. You have to manually enable the "show signature" option while making each phone post :eng99:

Aha. That kinda sucks.

Manifisto posted:

sounds like that's the issue. are you using android or ios?

Android.

Finger Prince

This and the fact that you can't make a thread in the Android version make it inferior to the iOS app unforch. You have to open a browser to make a thread

I know, that sucks even more! But I ain't getting a new phone just to post.

Finger Prince

imho the Android app still owns. It's p much all I use

Same

Finger Prince

Sitting Here posted:

love to get boat-high

I took the ferry from Seattle to Victoria once, had some apple juice and a couple of gummies before I got on board. Booked the 1st class cabin because it was only an extra $20 for some comfort and style. It was a sublime boat ride. I think that's the only time I've been boat-high outside of a canoe.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

Costa Rica coffee is great!

Can't go wrong with a good Costa Rican coffee!
I got some medium roasted Yemeni coffee recently and it was soooo gooood (and expensive so I didn't get much) but so gooood.

Finger Prince

I made not-tabbouleh tonight with quinoa and a shitload cilantro instead of bulgur wheat and parsley and it was loving Tasty.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

Same proportions? I'm ok with cilantro but it's easily overwhelming for me.

So I prefer tabbouleh that's mostly parsley and not much wheat, but a lot of the time the stuff you get premade at salad bars and stuff is mostly wheat with a bit of parsley. This was closer to the latter. Actually hold on, there's leftovers...

Ingredients are 1 rice cooker cup of quinoa (I cooked it with some chicken bullion), a good fist full of cilantro, about 1/3 a 400ml can of fire roasted tomatoes, some dice white onion, a couple of cloves of minced garlic, some Olive oil and lemon juice to taste.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 28, 2020

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

blueberry picking is one of the best things in the world, i think

Depends if there's bears. Or, if you're a bear, if there's people.

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

i have only encountered one bear while picking and we both sorta looked at each other and went about our business, but there are only little black bears around here

raspberries in my backyard are doing well also, but i imagine i'm more north than currently ripening plants

In my mind, you shared a nod of understanding that you were both engaged what you both agreed is the best thing in the world.

Finger Prince

Fall to my knees and weep

Finger Prince

That warehouse that exploded in Beirut, holy poo poo. When I was a kid we learned all about the Halifax harbour explosion of 1917 in history class. That was, from what I can find, about 2900 tons of high explosive and obliterated half the city. This was reportedly 2700 tons of ammonium nitrate. So not far off. When you read the historical reports of that explosion, then see the footage from Beirut, it's almost beyond comprehension. Anyway I just wanted to share that sense of perspective. I saw this picture:
https://i.imgur.com/zu21F0z.jpg
It's like a ~6m diameter meteor hit.
I'm sorry for an unchill post but chills down your spine count too right?

Finger Prince

alnilam posted:

You could call it a d8 and score cool internet abbrev points too

Looks like I'm levelling up my cleric again.

Finger Prince

I was just looking through an old thread and saw some posts by Heather Papps. Anyone know where he went? I haven't seen him posting recently.

Finger Prince

Shitakes are always nice.
Usually for fancier stuff you gotta get dried. Chantrelles are really yummy, but they're so hard to clean, you kind of have to just accept eating a bunch of dirt and grit. I found an online German deli that sells canned Chantrelles and if you can find that, they are the poo poo.
Cepes/porcini are great but always full of maggot holes/actual maggots so they're best dried I find.

Finger Prince

beer pal posted:

when you rehydrate dried mushrooms to they go back to like they would be fresh or are they still kind of wrinkly?

Kinda depends, shitakes get nice and juicy, but other ones just get wet. But the flavour is still there. You don't need much liquid and when you're done, you can use the liquor from the shrooms as part of the sauce for extra mushroomy goodness (works well with dried porcini).

Finger Prince

What am I gonna make for dinner? Got a leftover chicken breast I'm thinking of making into like, tinga. But I haven't really got other stuff for tacos.
Maybe nachos? Got some black beans in the freezer, got white onion and Olives, can of fire roasted tomatoes. No guac or avos though, or sour cream. Could pop to the grocery store across the street when I get home to grab a few things, but any avos they have can be assumed to be hard as rocks.
Or eggs, could have eggs, some polish sausage, beans...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Could put on some rice then shred the chicken and chop up the polish sausage, cook that up with onion, garlic, Olives, tomatoes, beans, and mix that through the rice. Yeah might do that. Got some zucchini needs using up too.