Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiracleWhale

hello. this is my first yob post. somewhat overshadowed by the death of prince on this day. I'm feeling a little "upstaged" but it's ok, I mean he earned it, talk about a recorder of music CDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

get a load of this new 'meme' it'll knock your socks off ;)

trying to reach a larger audience

I've been following this meme closely jer and I think it's going places, think it's taking off like a stoner scheduled to work on 4/20 (that's a little "topical humor" for ya) but what I want to know is: what is the beginning of this sentence?! inquiring minds want to know

MiracleWhale

Luvcow posted:

hitler, punch hitler

#notallhitlers

MiracleWhale

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The images in byob are currently set to rotate 360 degrees over 9000 seconds.

that's true but there's something else going on, i just saw it happen. it seems like sometimes instead of slowly rotating sometimes the images start out at a totally ridiculous orientation

MiracleWhale

Android Blues posted:

byob is a good combination of funny, weird, and a side of nice. i appreciate having a place where telling good jokes is encouraged but no one is in a bitterly ironic competition to see who blinks first

fair warning I got a whole case o visine over here

MiracleWhale

I'm watching the new game of thrones finally and drat I'm like struggling to remember who all these people are. need vh1 to do a pop up video version

MiracleWhale

blaise rascal posted:

It would be my first electrical engineering job after undergraduate graduation. It would be in the automotive industry. The downsides are that I would have to move 4 hours away from my friends and family, and that the work would not be the kind of stuff I find easy or interesting.

But I'm leaning toward doing it. I don't have any money right now for something like graduate school, and I don't have any other job offers. I think I could make a bunch of money and then find something else in a few years if I end up not wanting to stick around.

most people get financial aid for grad school homes. it's not uncommon for the whole thing to be basically free if you're a phd student in a stem field. (and you should be, even if you plan to bail once you have your masters, because phd students get treated much better)

just go now or you're at high risk of never going at all

themoreyouknow.jpg

MiracleWhale

blaise rascal posted:

How do I know if I am smart enough to try for a phd?

I have only looked at the graduate school of one university (the one I attend right now), but it is true that much of the tuition for graduate school would be paid through scholarships. And if I'm lucky, I could get a research project or teaching assistant position while working toward an MS that would pay for the remainder of the tuition plus a monthly grant. However, not everyone gets those positions who wants them.

Making decisions is hard.

generally those positions preferentially go to phd students which is one reason why I recommend you be one. if you did fine in undergrad you're smart enough to get a phd. by dunning kruger the very fact that you doubt you are probably indicates that you're the next stephen hawking or bo jackson

MiracleWhale

MrWillsauce posted:

what is irony

when you finally get that fly honey home from the bar but you're so drunk your dick don't work

MiracleWhale

<takes out quill pen>

dear yobmods,

could we please have the rotating image CSS in cccc? i do love it so.

love,
- miraclewhale

<signs with a flourish of sparkling light like in the rats of nimh>

MiracleWhale

symbolic posted:

nerds

give us your lunch money

- Basement Crew

qft

MiracleWhale

does everyone in byob have a cat? it seems like this is a safe space to admit that i like cats

MiracleWhale

Baloogan posted:

i read that byob had no punctuation so i came here to check and im dissapointed to see periods and commas

the periods are purely ironic

MiracleWhale

Nooner posted:

There used to be a speakeasy place in San jose that was cool for like the drinks and the vibe but they went too hard core in it and like wouldn't let in groups of more than 6 and would yell at you for speaking above a whisper or looking at your phone which killed the fun

there's a popular one like that in san francisco. they are kinda hardcore but one time i foolishly bought a vest and the speakeasy is the only place i ever go where it feels appropriate to wear it

MiracleWhale

big black turnout posted:

tonight as my wife and i were leaving walmart there was a guyb acking out of a parking space playing his music really loudly and it was ska

it made me laugh a lot

i make lovely music and i haven't recorded anything in a while but i've become secretly obsessed with the notion of making synth punk with ska samples

MiracleWhale

do it and post it here imho

i will literally do it but it will probably take me a long time because i had a party and had to clean up real fast so i put a bunch of poo poo in my art room and now it is a junk room. that was a bad move; i should've just had the party in my messy apartment

MiracleWhale

Buckets posted:

I'm drinking a caprisun lemonade and it is not very good :( pretty much just sugar with just the slightest hint of lemon, it's like bad kool-aid.

is that the capri sun i drank as a child after soccer games? i can't remember what flavor capri sun is. i'm picturing an old man with tears streaming down his cheeks saying this right now

MiracleWhale

Buckets posted:

your mental image is pretty accurate

haha i intended myself to be the old man, lamenting his inability to even recall the pleasures of youth

Buckets posted:

this was the first caprisun i've had since i was a kid and i thought it would be good and at least make me a silver flying blob. but instead it's bad

i had a similar experience when, as an adult, i rewatched an episode of the teenage mutant ninja turtles. do not do this

MiracleWhale

Buckets posted:

no way man! turtle power forever, i loved it so much it's still gotta be great! I'm gonna watch a few episodes right now and prove you the most wrong you have ever been!

oh god no why oh why

MiracleWhale

Buckets posted:

turtle power:negative:

i tried to warn you

MiracleWhale

Eonwe posted:

i just thought id get banned for posting here

i also thought that but i think i had the wrong impression of byob because the last time i looked at it before i reged my current account was like six years ago or maybe even longer

MiracleWhale

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I'm not a huge fan, but it's my understanding that pretzels are pretty easy to make yourself.

i've heard that too; been meaning to try it myself. i also want to try making corn tortillas

MiracleWhale

Palisader posted:

The only thing about handmade tortillas is that you will never want to eat store bought again

this is the hope but also the fear

MiracleWhale

is the debate on twitch because i would like to deliver some sick owns in a little text box while i watch

MiracleWhale

FluffieDuckie posted:

we all see it

can you imagine being a journalist and trying to report on this with a straight face?

i think this is why fake news is so popular as a format; if all the news is fake anyway, might as well at least have a good laugh about it

MiracleWhale

Hillary may tell you she's eaten lots of mushrooms in Mario 2 but let me tell you... and I've eaten a lot of mushrooms in Mario 2 folks... but she's only eaten the poison ones

hahaha

MiracleWhale

i'm behind on watching the debate but one thing i've learned is that the security of our cyber is very important

MiracleWhale

Piso Mojado posted:

im down, u?

add me on kik

MiracleWhale

Putty posted:

what would you do if you had five dollars

invest it wisely and through the miracle of compound inte

MiracleWhale

Nathilus posted:

Feeling a little lonely posting without my sig in gbs tbh.

life is more fun with sigs

MiracleWhale

hurray! my very sick cat, who has not eaten in four days despite being on all sorts of medication to make her eat, is eating some wet food right now! keep fightin little buddy!

MiracleWhale

hamjobs posted:

hank is a good-rear end dog, and you tell him that. what a good boy.

here is beans in all her idiot baby glory, sleeping in the corner on the tile when there's a perfectly good chill pad like, right in her bed. good thinking, beans, way to go.

also today i went to the deyoung again, and it is the best museum. here are a few pictures of kay sekimachi's handwoven works from the mid to late 20th century:

these projects and samplers were literally woven in one continuous piece, then hung up as-is. they just fold out when you hang them, and doubleweave is a magical wonderland that i hope to explore.

thank you for your time. here is a monster disguised as a lemon:

gently caress i need to get off my rear end and finally go to the deyoung

MiracleWhale

Boomzilla posted:

I got a stupid tattoo tonight and the spacing is all hosed lol

eve nswim

MiracleWhale

Grouchio posted:

I've got a fungal groin infection to deal with all weekend. Yippie.

i had this once because i had a bad infection and had to take strong antibiotics for like two weeks. it was among the most unpleasant experiences in my life. just getting an erection hurt

MiracleWhale

Grouchio posted:

The anime chat thread was verily annoyed when I told them this however.

this is a safe space for genital-related medical issues

MiracleWhale

Pththya-lyi posted:

Short time reader, first time poster.

welcome! please feel free to share any fungus- or bacteria-related struggles you may have

MiracleWhale

lmfbo

MiracleWhale

Salmiakki posted:

it is my birthday today :toot:

happy burfday

MiracleWhale

i was almost born on halloween but not quite and i don't understand why my mom couldn't just hold it in for a couple of days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale

Arkanomen posted:

Do I look like I know what a Jay-Peg is?

is that like a roach clip hahaha