Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

I think your Google is possessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

Consider yourself semi lucky i guess if wearing correction is even a yes or no question for you. I can't even walk around or cross the street without correction :(

People are correcting you on how to walk and cross streets? That's rude and those people are mean.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

xcheopis

As if they have room to talk. Why, just this morning I saw two, two!, cop cars pull an illegal u-turn (the sign says no u-turns, you scofflaws!) and then run a red light! wtf!

xcheopis

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Ugh I just realized auto-correct made a fool of me in the last Phriday :doh:

I'm not saying where, maybe nobody will find out before I have access again and can fix it...

This is an excellent and cunning ploy to guarantee everyone devotes a lot of time to reading your Phridays.

xcheopis

el dorito posted:

I am a phone-only poster

I occasionally browse on a desktop if I need to read a lot of posts in one thread though

Phone-only because I don't have a working computer. I also have rheumatoid arthritis, so phone-posting is frequently literally painful. :c

xcheopis

hamjobs posted:

What up RA buddy :(

*Gives you very gentle fist bump*

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

I'm going to undercut hamjobs by offering photos of my foot or feet for free

loving scab!

xcheopis

Certainly has a leg up on the competition.

xcheopis

Cry?

xcheopis

Check. Also panic attacks, big check. But now what?

Set everything on fire and throw it out the window?

xcheopis

Tried that, almost got me fired. And the boss guilted me into cleaning up. So now all the research is crispy.

Well, I'm out of ideas.

xcheopis

Dang, that seal came up with a better excuse for not finishing a research paper than I ever did.

Or maybe emailing his/her boss: Eel in nose; can't come in today. Have Jason finish the spreadsheets.

xcheopis

This blasted little wretch of a beast will drive me to insanity (and beyond)!

His appetite stimulant causes "increased nocturnal activity" and "increase vocalizations". So he's pacing about the bed. Making the same weird yowl as if he were about to vomit. Which, you see, he always tries to do on the bed because it's comfy and who doesn't want to be comfy when vomiting? Not Tanuki, nope, come out from wherever to jump up and do his famous imitation of a lawn sprinkler, the fat fuzzy gently caress.

Anyway. My evening edible is kicking in and he's up here making me paranoid and I just want to go to sleep and I cannot handle his existential crisis right now.

Bastard.

xcheopis

Jaded Burnout posted:

I have eaten something close to this for over 20 years now. gently caress that sounds terrible to write out.

I will at some point find a better tomato sauce, I don't actually like the ketchup approach much anymore, but almost all shop-bought sauces are heavy on stuff I don't like, and my kitchen is a little deficient right now. I have a single induction hob and an oven, that's it.

Can you buy just tomato sauce and add what you like? I use tomato sauce (plus tomato paste, sometimes) as a base and it works out quite well.

xcheopis

Happy new year!

Maybe this will be the year ol' Earth changes things up a bit, instead of yet another boring lap 'round the same boring gravity well. Try a different route or go walkabout or something. Be different!

xcheopis

Burning questions I intend to answer this year:

2- What can Sauron do with his ring that he can't do without it?
Conquer Middle Earth.

xcheopis

Well, Sauron isn't a person; he's a spirit. Sort of. And he bound most of his power to the ring.
He's still plenty strong without it, but with he regains everything.

xcheopis

Also, the Book Barn has a Tolkien thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532243

xcheopis

Mazel tov!

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

I am pumped af for the byob 2019 cheese meltdown royal rumble

I have the perfect bread and a stick of butter. Let the meltdown commence.

Vermont aged cheddar is the best of all possible cheeses, with Canada and Wisconsin close behind.

xcheopis

roomforthetuna posted:

This reminds me of my most amazing business idea.
You know how snail-slime facials are a big thing recently?
And also civet coffee?
And also beer is a way you can keep slugs off your vegetable garden?

Presenting, slug-beer, it's beer that's been drunk and excreted by a slug, the most delicious of all beers.
Edit: SLUG IT DOWN.

http://diggercomic.com/blog/2007/05/04/digger-93/

xcheopis

Selective dormouse.

I think I got luvcow's by mistake.

It's a verra cute li'l mouse.

xcheopis

My copy of Mr. Hunt Emerson's illustrated The Rime of the Ancient Mariner finally arrived!

e: cannot spell when v. sleepy

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 26, 2019

xcheopis

Sooo awesome!

xcheopis

Supposed to be 66*F today, so no worries on that account. Bit breezy, too.

xcheopis

That is a darling pup!

xcheopis

I so enjoyed Mr. Emerson's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner that I dug out my copy of his Inferno to re-read. I'd love to see what he could do with Purgatorio; it's my favourite book of the Comedia. Not likely, though.

I've had good luck in general with these sorts of graphic classics.

xcheopis

MockingQuantum posted:

:shittydog::petdog:I got youse some Waffles:petdog::shittydog:

Dropping those phat beats

But being a cool dj is tiring

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTdLjNUaXM

xcheopis

MockingQuantum posted:

also my wife said she doesn't want to be called MockingWife, and instead should be QuantumWife

she then said "Dr Sam Beckett, hoping each time that his next wife will be the wife home…" under her breath

So... she was mocking you?

xcheopis

MockingQuantum posted:

As a bonus, here's her "big" brother(?) Pabu insisting that he too is adorable

He's right, you know.

xcheopis

MockingQuantum posted:

Waffles is exhausting

Dont get me wrong, I love the snot out of her, but some times i'm like... sheesh lady, not everything needs to be chewed on or barked at

unless she got a memo I missed

MEMO
To: Waffles
Chew everything. Also, practice barking at least once every five minutes throughout the day.

xcheopis

Yay, Sunday!

Raining today, too. A good day to stay under a blanket with a fat fluffy fellow curled nearby and do math & logic puzzles.

Also, I am now addicted to ginger coffee. *Shakes chubby fist at former coworker*

xcheopis

When I were but a lass, I was, for unknown reasons, very attractive to mosquitos. They loved me with a fervour bordering on obsession, to the exclusion of all those around. Obviously, I was the one person indispensable to any hike, bonfire, or camping trip.

Now that I'm an old, it's cats. They come out of nowhere, follow me for blocks, and even straight up run into my house, causing poor Tanuki distress and anguish. It's sweet but weird. I've had to call some silly beast's owner several times just this year.

Maybe I exude catnip.

xcheopis

Luvcow posted:

*poster xcheopis looks down to find several cats attached to his forearm with their mouths suctioned to his skin, they look up with pleading eyes as he tries to shoo them away*

Yeah, pretty close.

She; hence the use of "lass" :p

xcheopis

glowing-fish posted:

The times I have actually taken pure Nepetalactones, it has indeed seemed to lead to cats being able to smell it on me for some time afterwards.
Pure Nepetalactones will also make your body smell bad to mosquitoes.

I don't even drink catnip tea. My other theory is they know a soft-hearted dim-bulb when they see one. I'm pretty sure cats just scratch hobo sign into nearby fences and trees.

xcheopis

Will the Are Ghosts a Kind of Soup thread be goldmined?

xcheopis

Jaded Burnout posted:

I done a cleanup

Thank you!

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

I hope I don't have to die now, because I would certainly haunt byob for extra chill in the afterlife

I recently purchased a cook book and would love to try the recipes.

Not saying that I wish you were dead, mind you.

xcheopis

That moment when you are made painfully aware how much harder the same workout is now than it was at the beginning of winter, and how quickly the body atrophies when it's chained to a desk. "Use it or lose it" is cruel but true. Ouchies...

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

You can generally can do sports a lot better with an animal around. Back in the days I used to run with my dog or even cycle and he kept me going when I didn't want to anymore.

Also horses can be super fun to talk to while high, just dropping that.

Picking up my cat multiple times daily counts as weight-lifting. :colbert: