Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The end of online matches should just dump you into the same screen against the same character with a CPU so that you can do training without sitting through like 20 seconds of loading time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

bhsman posted:

GGs to the 7-8 people who showed up for the battle lounge.

I'll try to be there next week, watching a car a race this evening

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I still like SFV and usually have fun whenever I play it :shrug:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Juri looks cool and I believe I will use my Fight Money to purchase her

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
When does the Steam/PSN money thing start?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
All the broken image links is Capcom as hell.

That being said I will throw money at my monitor for the Karin Summer stuff

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is loving nuts how hard it is to incorporate new poo poo playing this game. Like today I practice a combo that wasn't the usual Karin bread and butter and am trying to make a conscious effort to actually use my constantly full V for reversals and now I am constantly losing to the hordes of loving dogshit bronze Ryus. Like my brain can't handle any additional layers of decision making and just completely shuts down.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I know, and I realize that just being good at footsies and like one bnb/punish combo is a pretty big ceiling to actually getting better. It is just sort of fascinating to watch myself revert back into a stupid moron when I throw just one more thing to think about when some guy is doing the same old jump in at you.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I honestly like the Karin bikini costume because of the big floppy sunhat, glasses and cape more than the whatever cheesecake poo poo they intended. Give me more dumb hats please.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah whenever I play against Rashid it feels like he is just beating the living poo poo out of me for like 10-20 seconds in a row and I look at my health and still have like a third of my bar (as Karin)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYIEKKrzJBM

M Bison sure seems like a mean guy

e: I like how they title it as 'Free DLC' at the end

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 30, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
All the new stage music owns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Something about the background in that picture makes it look like a Pregnant Cammy skin

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

nickmeister posted:

So, are the servers down right now, or is this my own personal problem?

I think they are at capacity or something. I had to retry the login a couple times before I got in.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't notice the loads really at all on my sick PC gaming rig. Well, cya later nerds.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The story was stupid formulaic garbage and it was great. I like how they make Fang the cliche evil guy and then force you to beat the poo poo out of him constantly.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijLYikerV8

So Ibuki can do some fancy poo poo with kunais and bombs.

That activation combo at 1:08 does pretty insane damage

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't get who can buy fighting games just to play against the computer because the hard version of the story is excruciatingly unfun.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The one that chucks spears is a dick gently caress that fight

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought the dude FANG melted was a guy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My favorite part of story mode was when it looked like Chun-Li was going to nurse that little girl

https://gfycat.com/IcyElderlyCattle

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

if i was going to make a fighting game story mainly with sfv's assets without adding too much new artwork and stuff i would take each stage and bring its background models up to the front and you would have to do adventure game puzzles in each scene and talk to all the people and have a number of fights with them before moving on and that would be pretty cool. maybe string the stages together with an airplane scene with more people to talk to and some air marshals to fight idk to make it more cohesive.

are there games like that? shenmue maybe counts idk?

I'd make it a voxel crafting game where you have to gather resources to make combos

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes, you do. I bought the beach stage off finishing the story twice

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

wait, you can farm the story mode for FM more than once? (not that anybody would)

You have to do all the fights again in hard mode. It was pretty not fun since the hard CPU has instant reaction speed to everything and I don't know many characters, so a lot of it for me was doing a bunch of matches with characters I didn't know trying to find whatever hole in the AI logic existed for that matchup. It would have been more fun at a slightly easier difficulty so that you can actually learn everyone a bit instead of just like sitting in a corner spamming a button that gets walked into endlessly.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That weird hologram fighting game killed arcades iirc

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Roadhog's just his bodyguard dad telling him not to get into any trouble.

Junkrat is dating me, sorry haters.

Uh this isn't canon

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Capcom vs. Atlas so that I can finally get my dream Karin v. Risette matchup

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why would Capcom only acknowledge players unlocking stuff now when PC people have been doing it for months? Is it because of the method?

side note: i am much happier in life now that I don't have to grind survival. If capcom feels like I murdered their dog, so be it. Survival is a trash fire.

Because you can now buy them for Steam/PSN bucks.

I also don't really get the griping about it, of course they weren't going to let people download a mod to unlock everything forever

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm still playing the game because it is fun :shrug:

That being said I only dabbled in SF4 a bit and not much else before that until we get to the SF2 days so maybe my newness helps a lot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dawglet posted:

You can't though. There's still no way to buy colors and if your purchase their $4 premium costumes you still have to go out of your way to unlock the colors.

Oh I though they were available in the store with the other colors my bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zand posted:

curiously, have you played other fighting games to the extent that you have played sf5? the best (only good) part about SF5 is that it brings new players into the fold. you might be surprised at how much you enjoy other games in the genre, especially if you're willing to give a game like SF5 a chance or even a second thought.

I've gone from the original SF games -> Tekken Tag -> DoA -> SF4 (and a tiny bit of Skullgirls) -> SF5. Obviously with a lot of time gaps in between.

I think I like SFV because the footsies part feel really good to me, where there are ways to punish people who are relying on one particular strategy, and adapting what you are doing over a three game set feels like it is rewarded. The characters are different enough to adapt your play around them but most aren't so different where it feels reliant on being gimmicky (if that makes sense). In Super Bronze I can find a game like every 30 seconds and after the patch it is usually against people around my skill and the fights are usually pretty fun.

Everything surrounding the game is a stupid pile of poo poo but I find myself matchmaking for hours on end because I am having fun. Maybe that means I'm an idiot.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd kickstart a coffee table book of patch notes artfully arranged in front of pictures of the Kanzuki estate.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
We have one already going under my name if you want to join that. pw 4587

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hat funded tournaments and bugs that last for years sure give off a Dota vibe.

Thailand stage is cool.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

tekken 7 FR is being streamed from evo now an its sick as hell. akuma looks like crazy fun

It's got 25k people watching it too. People love them some Tekken

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You think you might be having fun but trust me, you are NOT having fun you moron

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 17, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
People talk about matchups in the discord server usually

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I use a 360 controller online and do ok, it is at least enough to let you decide if you want to invest more time or money into the game or not.

The huge amount of dead space in the triggers is way worse than anything with the dpad imo.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm going to buy + play Juri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Get it on sale imo