Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So is O' Reilly gonna be the next champ? Or are they invested long term in Lethal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sometimes guys are better trainers than workers. Truth Martini comes to mind, as does Scott D'Amore....

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
oatgan I'm gonna need all the details of THE RETURN OF COLT loving CABANA

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think it also provides an interesting match storyline for Jay: He's never faced anybody who wrestles the weird british mat style that Colt does (to my knowledge) while he's been world champ, and that being his achilles heel works, if they plan to put the belt on Colt.

That said, I think Dijak is the one who ends up beating Jay.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How likely is he to continue doing PWG, if he ends up working with them? I know the embargo has ended, but I feel like being part of the ROH roster is pretty time consuming.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Maybe it's a Jr.Heavyweight title? I know a lot of their guys are kinda small anyways, but it could work if they book it carefully.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nazis are not known for subtlety

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

smh, Moose went heel

That's more of a tweener move, imo, as I approve the idea of him assaulting Roger Goodell

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

beggar posted:

Now i am tired of the jay lethal kneebrace at little to know cost, but pickin' parts with the briscoes will get me to stop fast forwarding. TRUUUUCKS, DORMESTICKS!

My favorite is the Jim's Steaks commercial, just for Mark going "Don't be eyeballin' my sammich, boy!" to Jay

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

I saw Stevie Richards in some random YouTube video about coaxial cable or something I forget but I was not expecting him.

Yeah, he reviews electronics for a living, and takes bookings for wrestling as well, but isn't dependent on it (a good thing, considering how many serious injuries he's had).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That O' Reilly vs Kushida match was a mighty nice main event, though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
...was that Kevin fuckin' Sullivan?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Leaves little doubt regarding his match with Mark Briscoe, I guess

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Judging by his promo on ROH TV this week, feels like ACH may be turning heel.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Even if you're sour on the product currently, check out Jason Kincaid vs Dijak from this week's episode.

Agreed, Kincaid has the goods and they worked well together. My local indy ran Lio Rush vs Kincaid and it was quite good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

NJPW bringing back the Corino/Kelly combo for the G1 is good news, Kelly is whatever but Corino is great for NJPW color in English.

Gimme Kevin Kelly over a turd like Striker any day. Kelly is competent, and knows how to work with Corino.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

what was Kevin Kelly's day job

I'm gonna guess something in TV production or radio, considering he's got a broadcasting degree

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think they really hosed up in not being patient with Ciampa.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd assume the plan is, Cole wins title, holds it for a while, eventually loses it to O' Reilly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's great news for ROH, now sign Corey Hollis and Jon Gresham

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jr.Heavyweight, I'd think if not

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

He's right. Lio Rush is a better wrestler, but only somewhat, and Castle is way better as a character.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

Yes, and while I'm not trying to sound like Vince here I do think Lio's size hurts him if we're talking about potential promotional aces.

While we're on the subject of newer talent, Is Jason Kincaid signed or are they just interested?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Roque11 posted:

Not really. WWE is only getting Roderick String. They are signing several indy names lately, but I still don't buy into this talk of more top ROH names leaving after this year ends. The Young Bucks are WWE haters and they make a lot with ROH, Japan and their merchant. Adam Cole has already publicly dismissed going to WWE. He's focused on being the ROH champ and being a player for New Japan. These things wouldn't happen if he was set on WWE. KOR loves New Japan and he seems like the type who would re-sign with a company after they promise him a future world title reign. Jay Lethal is an ROH lifer. This CMLL deals ads more prestige to sticking with ROH for wrestlers as well.

Lethal has basically publicly said he's going to weigh his options when his ROH deal runs out which I believe is next month.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

He gives off a really strong pedo vibe IMO

:stare:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

relevant conversation on WOL today about little new wwe signees make compared to how much they can make as top guys with roh or on the indies

Isn't it something like 30K a year and you have to find your own residence in Orlando, or something like that?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Willninho posted:

ROH internal drama might be the only thing more boring than their product.

OTOH, that War Machine/Lee &Taylor match this week was really good

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I read the ASE live report from F4W/WON, was the 3 way ladder match REALLY on par with the 3 way ladder matches the Hardys/Dudleys/Edge and Christian used to have? Or is that dude just bad at hyping things without using a comparison?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

notes on ROH's African American wrestlers:
Jay Lethal- been with the company forever, only left because TNA's money was better. 4th longest reigning ROH World Champion. Longest reigning Television Champ
Moose- pretty much written off from the jump that he's headed to WWE. Inexplicably ends up in TNA because...?
ACH- missed a flight playing pokemon, considered unreliable
Cedric Alexander- injuries derailing each push attempt

You forgot Kenny King, who bailed on ROH after they put the tag belts on him for TNA/stripping. And is somehow back in the company anyways.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was definitely a period where I thought that Silas Young was gonna get a HUGE push and likely win the world title. Not so much these days.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Roque11 posted:

What a lack of respect on ACH's part to go against his contract and the company that has built his name.

Nobody mentioned PWG.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Roque11 posted:

Good stories and character development is on the TV. The Bullet Club, Jay Lethal's head being shaved, adding more and more layers to Corino v. Whitmer, etc.

Lol@ the idea of Bullet Club being anything other than tired rear end bullshit at this point. And I say that as somebody who likes both Adam Cole and the Bucks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BlueArmyMan posted:

Colt is good. His turn was not.

Wait, hold the phone, Colt turned heel?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BlueArmyMan posted:

Yup. Said that he paired up with Dalton to basically hop on the bandwagon and win a title with him, but that it wasn't going to work. Dalton tried to hug it out, Colt kneed him in the gut, beat up the boys, then beat down Dalton.

I remember this from his AOW 100 episode where Punk interviewed him, but that's the first time he's been a heel anywhere, to my knowledge, since like, a 2 month stint in IWA-MS

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I forgot about Officer Colt, he does it so infrequently.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

remember when ROH put out a best of ACH dvd and he lost in 80% of the matches on it

I wonder if they did this with anybody else. Colt Cabana tended to job a lot in his big matches, but even with him it's probably 50/50 on the DVD they made for him.

I also find it incredible that this company managed to bungle a kid with the natural charisma and skill ACH has. ROH is gettin' kinda TNA-ish, and I don't like it. Watch them turn Marty Scurll into a disgruntled talent in like, 6 months.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 2, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are your parents blood relatives

He wasn't born, a pig coughed and he fell out.

Personally, I think it's adorable Roque think ANYBODY still cares about the Bullet Club. The only member doing anything resembling relevance is the admittedly incredible Kenny Omega. Who, to nobody's surprise, can only occasionally be bothered to appear for ROH, and probably not willingly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

schweens posted:

I watched ROH tv tonight and it seemed to me that people still care about bullet club. At least Cole and The Bucks.

On the other hand i don't care at all about Taven and the kingdom. Taven looks like such a lovely omega ripoff. The 6 man tag was fun tho

I'm sure people like them, but they're not something that create a buzz like it was doing 2 years ago. In fairness, most stables fizz out before that. I just think the whole thing ran its' course, and pretending like it's still the hot thing that's gonna draw in viewers and live attendance when it's clearly not given ROH's recent attendance troubles is pretty shill-tastic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

(he's bad)

As down on ROH as I am at the moment, this is straight up wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Steve Corino is at the WWE Performance Center as a guest coach this week.

He's a great seller and promo, good idea by whoever pushed for it

• Locked thread