Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

Does it look good upscaled and run well?

There an HD version on Wii U that runs really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

well there is the effort of having to buy a wii u because no one on the planet actually owns one

I do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

there are no games for it though

There are a lot, including 2015's GOTY Mario Maker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have never been trolled and never will be.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ravane posted:

Dunno why that's GOTY considering it's been around forever and is essentially the devs just saying, here kids, we got sick and tired of making mediocre platformers, how about you give it a try.

Mario64 and maybe Sunshine are the last games that even had a plot that made sense.

The Wii U was ruined by not having a Zelda or new Metroid game made for it. But that's just me talking out my rear end based on what I've read. My last console was a gamecube that I got in 2008 for 25 dollars. It was pretty good.

I'll buy a PS4 maybe if I get this fellowship I applied for. But then I need to purchase a TV.

:negative: Why must things cost money.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

also such an incredible claim to make given that 2015s GOTY is bloodborne and there is nothing even close to unseating it.

That's true. They're two of my favorite games ever and I've been playing them on and off again for months (and in BBs case over a year at this point)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You have to be a Taint Reaper parachute account, you just have to be.

No, Taint Reaper is usually funny.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wipeout 2048 is cool and that's relatively recent

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

drift stage and distance we the ones i was refereering to earlier!

buyt yeah the genre as a whole is..... smaller and not as prolific as it once was.

The other issue is that both of those are Early Access so they're not even games at the moment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that arbitrarily declaring things to not be proper or "real" videogames is [TRAILS OFF INTO 60,000-WORD ESSAY THAT LITERALLY NOBODY WORTH A poo poo READS]

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

When if ever does Bulletstorm get funny

That's a fun game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The vita version was really cool. I like tearaway a lot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Lots of games have that "final boss is kinda just a cinematic". Final Fantasies 7 and 10 come to mind. Demon's Souls too.

I died to the final form of Sephiroth once.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh you mean the part at the end where you Omnislash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SNES is loving epic!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Even the good SNES games are just incredibly boring technical executions. The Genesis is better because even if its library doesn't play perfectly it was the only console where weird and interesting things were happening.

The N64 is also really dire even though it has the better versions of Resident Evil 2 and Nightmare Creatures.

Super Metroid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

this doesnt contradict anything in that post

*shinesparks you into oblivion*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Genesis was sick too, don't get me wrong. But to call the SNES outright bad is odd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

What part of Super Metroid is weird or interesting it's literally just the first two metroids but better.

It's not a "boring technical execution" whatever the gently caress that means.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow *sarcastic clapping* Mario jumps in Super Mario World :rolleyes: Want a cookie?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

The time between the nes and the ps2 was the dark age of gaming
Actually it was the half a decade where collective hysteria resulted in everyone on the planet buying a 360 for some reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It must have been a weird time when people were paying the 2016 equivalent of 100+ dollars for an arcade game. On both consoles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Blast processing is real

Emotion engine is gonna blow this poo poo out of the water.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Same but for SNES JRPGs.

Turn the Final Fantasy thread into quarantine.

There are only 3 FF games on the SNES, out of a billion games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Playing video games all the time makes my butt go numb please advise my butt problems

I stand while I game, except for PC games and fighting games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

Stuntman Ignition is so good. It's so loving good. Holy jesus. We'll never get another one like it. Or Driver San Francisco.

They sit atop the pantheon of "Unconventional Racing Games What Kick rear end."

I didn't like the handling in driver San Francisco at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

this image in 2020 will be titled: "looking back on nintendo's last console"

That looks extremely sick if it's real

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or handles, or real analog sticks. lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been watching videos of 80s Zx spectrum games at work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Old games are cool

Yeah, and old game magazines are even cooler

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

Those dudes making the Fire Emblem Fan Translation Cancelled it after getting super burnt out on it and after a bunch of poo poo flinging others are taking it back up
http://kotaku.com/drama-ensues-as-fire-emblem-fates-fan-translation-gets-1766634100

Why would somebody do a fan translation of something that's already been translated

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wasn't this already leaked a week ago.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't believe anything until I see something in a Direct

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did people complain that the gamepad was expensive and unavailable? Is t even possible to buy a Wii U without a gamepad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

can you honestly think of no possible reason youd want a second gamepad for this console that has been championed for it s local multiplayer titles

It doesn't support two gamepads on one console

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

lmao thats hella stupid

Idk why anyone would want more than one, when all the multiplayer is split screen for the most part. Or one person gets to use the gamepad and one person uses the tv, stuff like that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

lmao thats hella stupid

Idk why anyone would want more than one, when all the multiplayer is split screen for the most part. Or one person gets to use the gamepad and one person uses the tv, stuff like that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Screencheat is a dumb low-budget indie game for 16 dollars and nintendo couldn't possibly think of a situation where giving multiple players their own screens would be an interesting or unique gameplay method

Actually they did this in a launch title and it was pretty fun. The Mario and Toad hide and seek game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

final fantasy crystal chronicles hd

zelda four swords hd

Those games should have never required GBA cables, that was the dumbest decision ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made some great multiplayer games but for some reason you need a 500+ dollar setup to use controllers with less buttons.

• Locked thread