Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Lurdiak posted:

We should probably stop talking about how bad Homecoming and Downpour are before Voidburger comes and talks to us about how our own expectations made the games bad or whatever.
I'm a little late, but I love Homecoming like a pathetic two-legged kitten that has to walk around like a T-rex. It's so sad, but gosh darnit, it's trying so hard, how can you not have a soft spot for it? :kiddo:

Also Downpour had really good themes that it just fumbled around with and I was bummed out about the fumbling. It had lofty goals that didn't quite gel (probably because they were focused on the open-world aspect they were trying to get right.)

Also I think I had worse/stronger opinions about the "Correct" games 7 years ago and have changed a lot since then after seeing how many SH fans come off like extreme dickwads that way. So I've tried to tone it down and be more easy-going about it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
In my opinion, the Silent Hill wiki should be taken with a grain of salt, as it sometimes does not clearly mark what is interpretation, speculation, or outright made up insanity about illuminati doctors performing circumcision on orphans and turning them into otherworldly serial killers.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Lady Naga posted:

Like you take the simple factual statement: "Alyssa
Alessa

corn in the bible posted:

voidburger i am sorry i tweeted dogs at you that one time
Needs more hats on the dogs for me to like them

Ometeotl posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cdk3apUUYAE0vZR.jpg

So, uh, MGSV's Quiet is going to be in the Attack on Titan game because ???
Will she be as big as the titans and all the animes have to grapple-swing around her giant boobies because I'm sure people who are into that are a big untapped videogame demographic.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Lady Naga posted:

Whatever dude I have a headache and I'm trying to play league and this guy is all on my jock.
Sorry, have another cute dog wearing very comfy-looking clothes.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Almost all of the things said on this page is true.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

yeah i'll be sure to jump right on typing that into my google search lol
Googling that over and over to link it to people like you has only greatly improved my targeted ad experiences so far!

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I think it's fake because it doesn't look comfortable at all to hold. Nintendo's been pretty good at designing controllers that are fairly comfy, even if they sometimes look like alien dildos

Please enjoy this really high res photo of one.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
The bulletheck parts of Undertale were fun and easy and my only background in bulletheck is from The Binding of Isaac.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Sleeveless posted:

I really like WayForward, it's cool to know that whatever licensed trash has their name on it is still going to be at worst a competent game that you won't mind playing.
Except their dungeon crawlers are painfully boring and repetitive (The Silent Hill one and the Adventure Time one)

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

precision posted:

maybe it's because i'm a dummy but i'm liking Talos Principle more than The Witness so far
This is a very un-dummy opinion. Talos Principle is super enjoyable, whereas the Witness feels like a distant jerk is tormenting you (because he is.)

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I will always blame Konami the company before I blame any game director person for something bizarre that Konami did with the franchise they're attached to.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I'm driven to feel things just from Snake's butt alone. I'm the true emotional genius in this thread.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I'm not done talking about games making me cry, because it's good and fun.
-The end of Snake Eater
-Mary's letter in Silent Hill 2's ending
-The Beginner's Guide where the game's talking about Coda's creative block
-The Last of Us, Joel and Ellie learning to care about each other and poo poo
-Wolfenstein: The New Order cuz BJ is such an incredible character wowww marry me, MeatMan.
-Half Life 2 when Eli died, noooooooo Dadddd.
-Gone Home had many sad letters in it
-The Walking Dead when Lee died, but then the series got laughably awful immediately after that.
-Undertale, but it was from laughing too hard at social media jokes that broke my brain.
-The Stanley Parable, also from laughing too hard.

Crying is cool and everyone should do it. :c00lbert:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Lady Naga posted:

I think Sniper Wolf dying just made me sad, I didn't cry.
But Otacon was so sad about it and he's the ultimate weeb. No compadre-crying there? ;-;

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Accordion Man posted:

While Season 2 was mostly mediocre as gently caress and utterly inferior to Season 1
The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5 was so bad that I sounded drunk in my highlight reel of the stream I did of it (I was stone cold sober.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-GGJX8tjE

If someone in your party is dumb enough to have eaten glass BEFORE the zombie apocalypse, think of how dumb they are DURING the zombie apocalypse.

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 28, 2016

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

bloodychill posted:

Re: crying, I cried like a little baby at the end of TLOU Summer and again during the escape because I didn't like what Joel was doing but I knew why he was doing it and I was torn up inside and thee giraffe wallpaper in the pediatric wing oh god

Hell yeah, CryCrew represent

*fist bump, but it's covered in tears so it's a little gross and moist*

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
How do you say " SJW cuck" in Japanese?

EDIT: oh poo poo I didn't know there was a filter for these words. God bless this forum, that's the best thing

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Where's Assassin Creed's butt? What kind of a name is Assassin Creed anyway.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Is Assassin Creed related to Apollo Creed

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

PantsBandit posted:

Same person.

Wow Ubisoft is awesome

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I played a few hours of Black Flag and only liked sailing, whaling, and sharking, so I stopped playing before the 10 hour mark because everything else was boring as gently caress.

Also I hate that Ubisoft does this:
Character: "Hello, I am important-seeming. Let's do two missions together."
Me: "Ok."
Character: "Well, it's been fun but I must go now. Goodbye."
Me: "Ok, I guess they weren't important anyway, huh."

*six hours of gameplay/story/swashbuckling/shantying later*

Character: "Heya buddy, you remember me right? Well, I'm back!!"
Me: "Who the poo poo is this and why are they acting like we've met before?"

Also I hated that they treated Mary whatsherface (which is one of the people I'm talking about that did exactly this, the other one was that fat nice guy you first meet) as if it were a big surprise that she was crossdressing as a dude to do pirate stuff. As if her having a loving female voice actor didn't give that away at the very first sentence that came outta her mouth lol.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I wish someone would model swap Lara Croft and Nathan Drake already, so we can see how weird Nate looks crawling around pathetically and being all dirty and slutty and injured.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Also I'm surprised that Alyx Vance wasn't mentioned in that video as a good example of "regular person" body language. Oh well~ Alyx was some good poo poo.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Mistle posted:

Mentioning a strong counterpoint to strawman arguments kind of defeats the purpose of cherry-picking examples, and does the work of opposing arguments for you.
yeah it's really intellectually dishonest to provide examples of sexism in a series about sexism in gaming, in order to prove a thesis one is discussing. i was supposed to write a term paper about italian culture but i wrote it mostly about the mario brothers and i got an F. i just don't get these feminazis

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I feel like the first and second Katamaris were the only good ones, then the devs just started arbitrarily putting objects in the level without paying any mind to the flow of gameplay and I hated it. No pleasing rows of tiny objects, just small, medium, and big objects way too close to each other in random order. :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

StashAugustine posted:

The imagery is oversexed but I thought it was odd that not many people picked up on Tomb Raider basically being a Robert Louis Stevenson-esque "boy goes on adventure and becomes a Man" story but with a female main character
Originally, Lara Croft was going to be a blatent Indiana Jones rip-off (iconic hat and all), but the devs wised up and went "ohhhhh, wait.......... copyrights. well uh......... what if we made it a really stacked woman instead? lol wow Jim, those are polygonal mountains haha, we'll never get away with that." but then they did, and that's the noble story of how Lara Croft was invented.

(source: Replay: The History of Videogames by Tristan Donovan. I don't have the book on me though.)

• Locked thread