Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I don't see how you can have Venom without Spider-Man, aren't they a bit... symbiotic? A Superior Foes of Spider-Man movie would be a much better spin off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

wyoming posted:

Venom is after Spider-man tore off his symbiote.

Yes I know, but still what possible story could you tell with Venom that doesn't involve Spider-Man? Does anyone actually want a movie with Venom fighting Carnage? Of course, I could also ask if anyone actually wants a Venom movie at all.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
It would make a lot of sense for Iron Man to get shot instead of Captain America because how else are you going to do the broken shield cliffhanger at the end of Infinity War Part One without Captain America?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I bet that they do regret writing this climactic battle on an airport tarmac not only because it's a boring location, but also because they got access to Spider-Man and it makes little sense to have him involved in a fight in a location with no tall buildings.

Unless of course there are a bunch of helicopters just off screen that we don't get to see.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Costumes have never been the X-Men film franchise's strong suit.

Valerian is looking real good though.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Ridiculous. The style of the X-Men costumes in the first movie made people realize you could do something other than molded rubber or spandex.

On the other hand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3IFAjV2tvg

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
So what is the deal with Darkseid? Because Darkside of literally planet Apokolips (laffo) sounds like the worst villain ever. I know that Thanos is a shameless Darkseid ripoff, but not only does that character not have an embarrassing name but also seems to have an interesting background with his obsession with Death. The only thing about Darkseid that has creeped into the public consciousness is the couch meme so I would be interested to hear if there is more to this guy than what sounds like a five year old's idea for a villain.

Wikipedia posted:

Kirby modelled Darkseid's character on that of Adolf Hitler and the world of Apokolips on Nazi Germany.

OH

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

site posted:

Didn't Evans recently say in an interview that he actually wouldn't mind staying on as cap after his current contract runs out if they'd let him

Yeah he said that suspiciously close to just after the news that Ike Perlmutter would have nothing to do with movies anymore.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I think Avengers does a decent job of establishing its characters and their relationships. Tony and Bruce hit it off as friends and their relationship is cute and funny; there did not need to be an entire film dedicated to build that up because all you really need is a scene or two.

But if you're getting into a time machine to try and make a perfect Marvel Cinematic Universe, I suppose you could make a few adjustments based on the four missteps of Phase One:

1.) Iron Man 2 sucked due to studio meddling.
2.) The Incredible Hulk sucked and Ed Norton bailed.
3.) Captain America had a rushed third act.
4.) Hiring Joss Whedon to direct the Avengers.

If you don't meddle with Iron Man 2 then you can have Favreau direct The Avengers instead of Whedon and get a better Iron Man 2. If you drop the Incredible Hulk film, which doesn't matter because everyone knows the scoop on the Hulk, you could have two Captain America movies heading into The Avengers instead of just one that was forced to rush to set up the icicle ending.

Of course Marvel is very successful so they can survive some missteps, which makes everyone's proclamations that Guardians of the Galaxy Ant-Man Doctor Strange is going to tank the entire machine extremely silly.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The MSJ posted:

The next R-rated superhero movie is a classic Batman story starring Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/14/batman-killing-joke-animated-rated-r

That animation style is terrible and doesn't fit the source material. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill will probably be great as usual though.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

broken clock opsec posted:

Why isn't En Sabah Nur a black guy anyway /s

Because ancient Egyptians weren't black.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
A bunch of Marvel Studios fans are going to get their hopes up that the X-Men are going to revert back to Disney, ignoring the fact that Deadpool just made a bajillion dollars.

It doesn't really seem to matter much at all if this movie is poorly received because Fox is developing a bunch of side projects with its mutant characters and the following mainline X-Men movies will be following the newly introduced characters from this film.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Cyborg looks like poo poo. The Flash suit looks bad; I don't like that he's wearing armor or the black color on the costume. It's also weird that there are only six Justice League members. I'm sure the movie will be just fine.

Wonder Woman looks extremely good though.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Uh... Should have just called Brandon Routh CW, you do have access to him!

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Halloween Jack posted:

Are there any credible rumours about Moon Knight being anyone in anything?

Oh don't worry, Moon Knight will feature in a story arc in season five of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I don't think anyone gave a poo poo about Oliver killing people in Arrow and I have seen a lot of Arrow fans complaining about him not killing people anymore, among many other things...

I do not appreciate it when comic book stories hyperfocus on the no-kill rule issue because it is not very interesting to get so involved with the in universe mechanics of the story and it's been played out, especially with Batman. When Batman killed people in BvS it was a huge relief and it owned.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Karloff posted:

I haven't played Knight yet, but in Asylum, City and Origins Batman doesn't kill anyone

Actually I threw people off rooftops and into the ocean so they are super dead; sorry dude but Batman murders people I guess!

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'm breathing a massive sigh of relief that the Affleck Batman movie villain isn't going to be Jared Leto's Joker or the Red Hood. That being said, as cool as Deathstroke is I'm betting there is going to be another villain in the mix because what would a mercenary like Deathstroke be up to by himself?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That fits the DCEU's new Joker aesthetic as a mob guy and not as some supernatural force of chaos.

If you're upset about that let's remember: that is what Jack Nicholson's Joker was, too.

No one is upset about the Jared Leto Joker for that reason.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The MSJ posted:

Someone at Marvel anticipates this, thus his filming of his next 4 cameos already.

I think this has more to do with them having already done work on their next four movies. Like, if they were backlogging Stan Lee cameos they'd probably have more than just 4.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Mameluke posted:

Yeah, who shows up in the poat-credits scene?

Spiderman.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Inhumans is happening. The Inhumans is coming to theatres. The Inhumans movie is not happening.

Inhumans coming to ABC

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, every floor looks grate!

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Why is Spider-Man hanging out in Washington D.C?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Both the Flash and Cyborg look like poo poo.

I do not know why they chose to put The Flash in super armor, as far as I know the Flash has never worn armor as it makes no sense to put a character that goes fast in a heavy and burdensome costume.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
If the Flash is going to make a haphazard suit he should probably just sew up some pajamas instead of creating an entire Iron Man suit.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Here's a better quality picture from DC's new intro

Lots of interesting characters around.

When I saw this before Wonder Woman I was struck with an immense sense of dread that they would try to make a movie about the loving hawk people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Cyborg is kind of an impossible character to do lighthearted adventure-comedy with

Couldn't that just be Inspector Gadget though?

• Locked thread