Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wasn't he the guy who dressed up incognito for the Iron Man premiere?

Yes, and he complained about guests getting free food.

The guy thought he was on the inside track to taking over Disney, but Fiege has pretty much shut that down thanks to his power play. Now Ike is just a grumpy old man who is trying to make it so no other kids can play with his toys. Cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

broken clock opsec posted:

AIUI it was both the one and the same. Perlmutter was lowballing everyone to poo poo and only RDJ commanded the big checks.

If you read between the lines, Evans also hated working with Whedon and that was a lot of where his frustration came from. Then he worked with the Russo brothers and was happy again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

computer parts posted:

That is literally what Marvel wants to do with Tony Stark et all. Just recast and act like nothing's changed.

Teen Tony or bust

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Because his movies... are good.

Citation needed

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Consider Civil War's big action highlight is a big group of superheroes facing off, I'm nervous. But then again the Marvel CGI team saved Joss Whedon on the Avengers so...

That scene has gotten pretty much universal praise as one of, if not the best superhero fight scenes ever, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

These were critic screenings and not fan ones. So that comparison doesn't work. Also, it doesn't speak to a specific scene, so you're comparing apples to oranges.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tyree posted:

This clip shows off daper Vision. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWxGzxMAGX0

It is pretty crazy that there has still been 0 shots of Daniel Brühl, that I'm aware of, and Martin Freeman's character is only really visible in any of the media by freeze frame.

I think that they've said those two are more setting up for future films so aren't involved too much in this one.

Like, either Zemo has a minor role, or they're hiding him because he's a big part of the movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

Good to see we're still at the "talk about the film's themes in detail" stage of screen writing.

Go all out. 2.5 hour slide show debate or bust, Marvel.

Hahaha what the hell is this?

"Characters talking? gently caress OFF MARVEL!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dr. Strange teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcSki7r9cQ

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mr. stefan posted:

You know, I distinctly remember Feige saying that this wasn't going to be Yet Another loving Origin Story, and yet here we are.

quote:

"For some reason people sometimes talked about how we're not doing an origin story, we're bored of origin stories. I think people are bored of origin stories they've seen before or origin stories that are overly familiar," Feige told IGN at Tuesday's press event. "Doctor Strange has one of the best, most classic, most unique origin stories of any hero we have, so why wouldn't we do that? That was sort of always the plan. How you tell that origin, perhaps there are ways to twist it or play with that, but for the most part, it's a gift when the comics have something with such clarity of story and of character. That doesn't always happen in the comics, and when it does, you use it."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has anyone spoiled the casualty list?

I haven't seen any spoilers for the end of the film or who dies in it. May not get any until it's actually released for audiences instead of premiere events.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

The one spoiler I've read that I am actually willing to believe to any extent is: Rhodey ends up in a coma, and Steve dies after being sniped by Crossbones, on the way to prison/his trial for beating Zemo nearly to death.

Those are super fake.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shageletic posted:

That dialogue is terrible! You can't just make up sayings and pretend they're a real thing people say.

Anyhoo, this has already probably been posted, but grok this fun ad for Apocalypse: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/15/quicksilver-manipulates-mutant-abilities-in-x-men-apocalypse-sky/

:flashfact: Cyclops' optic blasts don't have heat. :doom:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

wait since when can Tony Stark (kind of) hold his own in like close combat martial arts poo poo

He oughta be a useless rear end in a top hat outside of his suit

He shoots Bucky with two things that disorient him, and all it results in him doing is being able to control where Bucky shoots, and get a smack in. Then he's dispatched.

They've said that time passes the same in the movies as real time, so you can expect that Tony has done some hand-to-hand training since he became Iron Man. It doesn't seem like a stretch he can only manage one shot after hitting Bucky twice with things designed to disorient him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

So uh who is excited for Civil War?

I am! It's gonna be good!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shageletic posted:

I don't want to start anything...but come on. Race is a stupid way to view things but if Africans have a set of similar characteristics, its something that is definitely shared by ancient Egyptians.

Anyvaaaaay, the poo poo? See Elizabeth Banks Morph Into Rita Repulsa For ‘Power Rangers’ Reboot

This is a thing?

You can't fool me, that's just her from the Hunger Games!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Corek posted:

Do kids today even know about Power Rangers?

I'm pretty sure it's been on TV ever since the 90's, so yeah.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Yeah isn't Perlmutter the one who is causing trouble with characters crossing over from the TV side to the film side? Seems like the less power he has, the better.

He's a giant baby who constantly cuts off his nose to spite his face. He was the one pushing the Inhumans because Fox has the X-Men, and he's the one who made sure that mutants and FF characters cannot be used or featured in other media because of that.

Now since Fiege ousted him, he's trying to pull the same poo poo with the TV side and not have those characters appear in films. Though there is really enough of a barrier there where films are in production for years so they can't anticipate where the TV show people will be, but I'm sure something could be worked out if people wanted to enough. It's also why I think we'll at least get a Defenders cameo in Infinity War, even with Ike throwing a hissy fit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

I think Fraction only wrote a part of it.

Matt Fraction wrote all of the previous Hawkeye book before Lemire took over.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

lol at everyone just making GBS threads on Jennifer Lawrence out of nowhere. Ya'll are the worst

Yeah, she's a good actress. She probably did get forced into the X-Men sequels, but I liked the little snippet in the trailer with her reaction to Quicksilver saying Magneto's his dad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wheeee posted:

Marvel should give Adam Sandler a movie IP.

They thought about having him voice Rocket Raccoon.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

If they gently caress up the live action Street Sharks movie lord help me I will poo poo my pants with righteous fury

That would not be Jawsome.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burkion posted:

Yeah who needs exciting well shot and inventive action scenes

Putting those on auto pilot in an action movie is totally fine

Apparently the airport scene is exciting and inventive, so I dunno what you're going on about. I'm not watching it until I see the movie at the theater, but considering the positive buzz it's getting I think that you would be in a minority saying it's a poor action scene.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Marky Marx posted:

Maybe a movie where Batman doesn't use guns and Superman at least makes an effort to save people from an explosion at the last moment instead of just standing there looking like droopy dog before peacing the gently caress out of that bummer zone.

I really want an edit of that with this theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gatts posted:

I'd be happy if the entire FF go over to Marvel but would settle for just Doom. He alone can be such an amazing villain for an event movie.

Doom, Kang, Galactus, Annihilus... the FF has so many great villains tied up with their rights. Any one of those four would be fantastic villains.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is it possible to buy the rights to villains but not their heroes? What happens when a villain changes hands in who they oppose, like how the Kingpin started as a Spidey villain but he's now legally defined as a Daredevil villain?

edit: poo poo, rhetorical question

Sometimes the character ownerships are vague, and some are shared.

But Marvel did try to make a deal for Galactus and the Silver Surfer. They were willing to allow Fox to hold on to Daredevil in exchange for those characters, and Fox said no. Marvel wanted to put Galactus and Surfer in GOTG as a cameo, but couldn't.

So it seems they've tried to make deals with Fox, but Fox wouldn't budge. That's partly why the Marvel line is no longer allowing the FF and mutants to be in other media like video games and not selling merch of them, because he's mad Fox won't deal.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burkion posted:

I worry for the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Thanos is FINALLY defeated because they will have nothing to top it unless they start making original villains.

They could do Magus. The Sony deal helps too since they could pull from Spidey's villains if they wanted. And they could bring back the Red Skull, or do the Masters of Evil.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Marvel did a survey and found out that an "overwhelming" number of respondents wants a Black Widow movie. I'm honestly surprised it's not happening sooner (maybe because Perlmutter was in charge?).

Wouldn't shock me if it goes where Inhumans was scheduled.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, an emotionally distraught person who just witnessed one of the most horrifying things imaginable while finding out one of their closest friends knew and lied about it... why isn't this person thinking rationally?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Harime Nui posted:

Personally cannot wait for Cyborg: Rise of Booyah.

Excuse me, it's Booyah Begins.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wrong thread!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cythereal posted:

They've said Mordo is a good guy in this movie, or at least sitting on the fence between ally and enemy. Dormammu is apparently the villain.

The last rumor was that Mads is playing Dr. Druid, and Dormammu is mentioned but more likely being set up for a future film. Mordo is also Strange's ally for this film.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burkion posted:

I wonder what would happen if Steve got a second dose of the formula.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BvS was a bad movie, that's why.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

I don't disagree that it was a mess of a movie, but even that last Transformers movie made over three times as much it did in China. It was not worse than that movie and it had the biggest superheroes of all time in it. I understand it not making $300M+ in China, I don't understand how it made less than $100M though. That's some spectacular bombing as far as big blockbusters in China goes.

Transformers markets that you'll see big robots fight each other, some PG-13 T&A, some tasteless comedy, and Optimus Prime do cool poo poo. It delivers on all those, regardless of how messy the films are, so audiences are satisfied because they get what they want.

BvS marketed a big fight between Batman and Superman, and it was poorly done and lasted about 5 minutes. It didn't deliver on what it promised, and on top of being a mess of a film, it didn't satisfy the audience.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burkion posted:

I'd love for it to be good.

I want it to be good.

Spider-Man is one of my favorite heroes ever with some of the best villains.

But you have two studios bearing down on it, wanting different things, you have ALL of the Sony gently caress ups that ruined Spider-Man 3 and the Amazing Duology, and you have a piss poor creative team actually trying to helm the film.

If the current director quit and we got new writers, this film's chances of being good would rise exponentially. I sadly don't see that happening. They got a light weight nothing of a director who they could boss around, and writers who have, together, accomplished dick all.

I really want this to be good. I do not believe for one second it will be.

Prove me wrong Homecoming.

Feige has already did that Marvel is making all of the decisions. He said Sony is producing a Marvel movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

Hope no one was still holding out for a non- Jordan Green Lantern.

The Green Lantern movie was rumored to star John Stewart and Kyle Rayner with Hal.

NOT ANYMORE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Corek posted:

Marvel has literally just debuted a Deadpool spinoff, Gwenpool, who is actually a teenage girl (and an alternate Gwen Stacy).

She's not Gwen Stacey. Her name is Gwen Poole. She's from this Earth!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Just read more about who all the new cast members of Thor: Ragnarok are playing, and according to Slashfilm Cate Blanchette is playing Hela.

According to that Wikipedia entry, Hela is the "Goddess of Death" as appointed by Odin. I'm not the most educated person about all this cosmic/Asgardian comics stuff, but could this be Marvel's way of creating a personification for Death for Thanos to fall in love with without having to pull that out of nowhere in Avengers 3? Folding Death into Hela to make it a little less silly of an idea?

That's a good idea. Thor is supposed to go directly into Infinity War, so that's a good connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Scyantific posted:

So uh, Joe Quesada mentioned on Kevin Smith's podcast that Marvel has the rights to Namor the Sub-Mariner

Namor is gonna blow up the world that the Squadron Supreme is on in the MCU.

• Locked thread