Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

blunt for century posted:

If I were drunk as gently caress, I would buy the poo poo out of these.

What animal do you think the rib meat is from? Chickens don't have much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That chicken is not naked.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Railing Kill posted:

"The juice of an orange" sounds like something one of my dumber students would write when they mistake sounding breezy and verbose for sounding intelligent.

I would not bat an eye at "the juice of an/one orange/lemon" in description of a recipe. :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The latter fish doesn't look too dry, but what tragedy befell the citrus?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Snoo posted:

I know some of that is probably melted cheese but what's the rest of the liquid??

Meat effluent.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chicken + fresh raspberry doesn't sound too bad.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

P.S. My mom is making carnitas right now but not finishing them in the oven?? Is that normal?

I finish them in a cast iron skillet, works well.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Nope. She does not fry. Too unhealthy.

Does she trim all the fat off the shoulder, too?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NorgLyle posted:

Haven't they had a double quarter pounder for literally decades at this point? What does the Grand Mac bring to the table when you want to shove stupid quantities of fast food down your hole?

Special sauce.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

chitoryu12 posted:

Even then, McDonalds is that place where you only go if you have no other options. I eat at it a few times a month because I have production meetings down south where I need to take a train followed by Uber to get there, and the only food option within walking distance outside the train station that's not a gas station is a McDonalds. Their burgers are the only ones I'd call "sad" in flavor. The Big Mac tastes like little more than onions and Thousand Island.

Maybe give the gas station a try.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yawgmoth posted:

Do you go into real restaurants and order "whatever I don't care" too?

I once walked into a Moroccan restaurant with about 20 other people and said "please feed us, whatever you recommend" and it was great. I sometimes tell a waiter I'll have whatever they recommend, it always works out.

Also, you should look into tasting menus. They're a whole thing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

yeah I eat rear end posted:

As for your anecdote, of course they aren't offended - you are giving them money. They probably give you the cheapest edible sandwich they can produce and charge you whatever they feel like and make more profit from you than a normal customer.

You're an idiot.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why would they go out of their way to try and satisfy a manchild that doesn't even know what he wants and will just take whatever is given to him?

That's why tasting menus use the cheapest, near-rotten ingredients, too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

We are talking about loving subway here. The teenager behind the plastic is not a chef, he is just someone trained to do what he is told. If the customer won't tell him what to do, he will default to what his manager tells him which is to make as much money as possible.

Why should he care about maximizing profits? It's not like he gets a commission.

He'll just make the same thing he made the 3rd person ago, it's easier than coming up with some custom minmax. (And Subway has already optimized those for profit anyway.)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I sort of imagine it tasting like diet liverwurst.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Coke is a common ingredient in carnitas, no?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lackey posted:

Please don't tell me that the orange is some pumpkin spice-flavored thing.

Red pepper coulis.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I had a cheesesteak delivered for lunch and it looked all soft and goopy and terrible when I unwrapped it and I thought of this thread for the 4.7 seconds it took me to devour every delicious inch.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

drrockso20 posted:

A good cheese steak is one of those sandwiches that should never look pretty, pretty much every time I've had one that did look pretty ended up being awful

Yeah, the bun had broken down because of being wrapped up and steaming itself, it was a bad scene. No structural integrity at all.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cheese-stuffed chicken crust, I respectfully insist

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Panfilo posted:

I thought that was some kind of albino liver. What's it glazed with, white chocolate?

Despair.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Julias posted:

Would. Also, would die.

Are you immunocompromized? It's rare beef.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

you may die posted:

Tim's coffee is fine for road coffee but I won't defend it any further.

Their sandwiches aren't bad, and the soups are just a little too salty (so dip the roll).

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ranter posted:

(I haven't heard of any in the SF bay area yet).

Coupa in Palo Alto would be one. Borrone in Menlo Park has a bigger menu, but I prefer Coupa's coffee, and the pitch-spotting is better there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Julias posted:

No, I meant die in the good way. :angel:

Oh, concur.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Glumslinger posted:

This is pro-click

It burns.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

baw posted:

Yeah I guess I've been using them interchangeably poo poo. fortunately I only cook risotto and chili so I haven't had any mishaps yet. Looking at pictures I think they were shredded basil leaves. Either way it was weird and overpowered everything else

Shredded bay leaves would be inedible, IMO.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How do you turn mayo into aioli? I don't think you can extract the egg again.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fo3 posted:

Are you thinking of toum?
There's egg in aioli. (e: that I knew of)
To save a debate I'm only familiar with modern aioli with egg, lemon juice and dijon. I had no idea the old spanish/southern france version is pretty much the same as toum, ie with no egg.
Making your own version with egg is sure a hell of a lot easier I found (bad experiences with home made toum in the past and I just remade with egg and called it aioli)

I always think of aioli as just being olive oil and garlic, but Wikipedia tells me that it can have egg too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Aioli is literally just thinner mayo.

Wikipedia disagrees!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Even I, an ally of pineapple on pizza, cannot defend pineapple in burrito.

Pineapple is a traditional component of tacos al pastor, and burritos al pastor are also a thing which is good and tasty.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bauhaus is michelined

Really? One of the chefs came from a starred restaurant, but I can't find anything saying that Bauhaus has one.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You're right, I misspoke.

I bet it's still yummy, I'm just not ready for a world in which Uwe Boll has a Michelin star.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hirayuki posted:

I don't even like chips! :psyduck: But I'm a sucker for different/unusual flavors. Walkers made a lamb and mint variety that was tasty as. President's Choice has some intriguing flavors, too. I need to get to Canada more often.

I just ate a bag of the buffalo-blue ones, aka the best chips in the world, in a sitting.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Bloop posted:

Don't you people have drinking straws?

I use a rolled single and do lines of cheese oil. Invigorating.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gonna need the jaws of life.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rayjenkins posted:

See a doctor.

Or a priest.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solvalou posted:

Speaking of Brazilian pizza, there's a dish here called "porco pizza". It's like pizza, but using an entire roasted pig instead of dough. It's borderline satanic.

I would, but I'd need some help.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rolled Cabbage posted:

Similarly, best kimchi is crab kimchi.

Good username/post combo.

Can you actually taste the crab well through the kimchi? It's a pretty delicate flavour, seems like you might as well use surimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Samizdata posted:

Too civilized. Ditch the undies.

Then where do they keep the mixing bowl?