Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

whiteyfats posted:

Hold up, spicy boy, oatmeal creme pies are loving great.

Oatmeal pies are the best snack cake, anyone who disagrees is a dirty liar.

My Pa always had Fishermans's Friend lozenges on him and he'd pay me a dollar for every lozenge I could eat before I got sick. He was the best grandparent ever. Never saw him eat any real candy, btw. Just pure hate in lozenge form, all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Torturrised.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Where I'm from jungle juice is that grape punch you buy in milk jugs, all the leftover liquor and beers from last nights party, and whatever fruit you have lying around.

What I'm saying is I wanna party with Sociopastry. Her friends sound classy.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I know this is going to sound revolutionary, but you could just have beef queso and chips and it wouldn't even be considered disgusting.

Goons are weird.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I'm actually kinda sad that "Cheese tea with ground beef boba" just reminded me of an actual food I eat so maybe that bit was a personal attack on myself.

Also I had oreos dipped in green tea for breakfast, glass houses and all that.

(fe: Randaconda you are hella cool)

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Are they Maori? Cause a boil up is a legitimate dish that is 100% AFP. Delicious, but is about as visually attractive as a car crash.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

JacquelineDempsey posted:

The city I used to live in apparently had a substantial enough Filipino population that, if you looked hard enough in the darkest recesses of the frozen section, even the big chain supermarkets carried cheese flavored ice cream.

Anyone ever try it? I think I might have if the packaging wasn't so AFP. Looking at pics of the homemade deal now, the idea of a queso ice cream might be good. But the stuff at Food Lion was safety yellow, like Cheez-whiz color, and that was def a turn-off. Could also be because they kept it next to the frozen tubs of pig blood.

Cheese ice cream tastes about like it looks, honestly. I would describe it as tasting like a frozen sweet cream/american cheese frothy sherbet? It has a distinct saltiness to it that's a bit off-putting, but only because it's so familiar as a warm food. I wouldn't eat it again, but I didn't wanna die from it either.

I say this as a person that kinda likes fried tarantulas so take that as you will.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Jul 21, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I eat ketchup, soy, duck sauce, and mustard packets straight up. I even keep them in my purse for emergencies. Getting snackish? Have a McD's ketchup packet and some soy sauce and you're golden.

I also drink spaghetti sauce from the jar,eat mustard from the jar with a spoon, and pour plum sauce into my mouth from the bottle. My processed condiment love knows no boundaries.

I have done unspeakable things with Arby's horsey sauce. You guys need to up your "condiments as dinner" game.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
It's good for you!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Missing Name posted:

Now say it in Swenglish

*screams a lot to a swedish twee death metal band*

*eats more mayo in a sad hat*

Also: bread crumbles.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Sep 23, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The fried dough is just canned biscuits deep fried, a childhood staple of literally every redneck I know. Dip em in the red sweet and sour glop if you wanna know where your pancreas lives. Make them at home and roll them in cinnamon and sugar too. That's just good eatin'.

Chinese buffet is not complete without playing a round of "ersatz sushi roulette". First person to bite into still-frozen imitation crab loses. It's a high stakes game, frankly.

e: Pizza rules should be a thing if we're gonna start using bean sprouts as a topping. Gross.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 11:54 on Sep 28, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Samizdata posted:

So, you are saying we need a Pizza Revolution to install a Pizza Chairman?

I'n not saying that, but I wouldn't mind a Council on Ethical Pizza Toppings. Things are getting out of hand here. Next thing you know they're gonna put alfalfa sprouts on Hawaiian with extra pineapple and cabbage and pizza will devolve into pure anarchy.

Death to Pizzarchy.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Wasabi+Chinese Mustard+Fisherman's Friend. On rye.

...goddammit I'd probably eat that for real.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Can I ask why? I eat dark rye and peanut butter with blackstrap molasses sandwiches almost daily and they are delightful. I'm starting to think I'm broken.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Oct 11, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
He'd have to wear a full body skinsuit over the fake dog suit to keep all that fur in check. That would just up the horror factor from "tide flavored pizza made by a creep" to "ARGH NO MAKE IT DIE!"

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I had a Gain mangoapple scented pod explode in my face once, and I can assure you it was worse than expected. Each color chamber on the pod held a new horror that startles the senses. Blue is salty gloop that won't properly rinse out of your sinuses, green is weaponized apple mango scent, white is probably Satan cum. Or pure soap. I could smell Gain detergent for a month.

That pizza photo is giving me PTSD.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

I hope it's pickled turnip like in donairs.

Wait. That's not ham in donair? Goddamn Canada, you're already pouring Eagle brand on that poo poo. Pickled turnips to go with are just a dick move.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Gonna go hit the halal cart and ask for ham

Oh my god I'm dumb.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I did one. Trip tldr: OHHHHHGODNOWHY ITSSOSALTY?!!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Idiots and animes and ducks, oh my!

I have food texture issues that make it hard for me to eat normal food, let alone delicious duck feet. No one in that group, not one single person, knows what a real food aversion feels like. Just for starters, a photo of a duck foot and noodles wouldn't set off the most sensitive food weirdo. gently caress all of them, you were in a group full of morons.

Also mac and cheese is gross as all hell to people with real texture issues. Food aversions are real, and they're not all based around a diet of cheesy potatoes.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Jan 2, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

mds2 posted:

What’s the problem?

He isn't sharing the love. Pure rear end in a top hat move, that is.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Goons have faceblindness for foods so bad I'm thinking of starting a charity for it.

I'mma call it Sandwiches are a Pizza and we do hot dog eating contests to raise awareness for the Cause. Except the hot dogs are cherry pie and everyone loses because SURPRISE the cherries are raw tomatoes. Also there is mayonnaise and a ton of cilantro under the crust.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

the twist is you gotta go in hands-free

I'd go face first into wet mashed potato hot dog cheese nutmeg casserole. Wouldn't even pause to check for surprise cilantro. This is why I need the charitable donations to SaaP.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Controversial and Correct: Clamato is 100% better than V8. The Clamato, tequila, Steel Reserve and Twangerz cocktails I love will never stop loving me.

Never.

E: Sometimes I throw two raw eggs in that cocktail if it's early. It's just a texture you can taste if you don't chug fast enough.
E2: I want friends like chitoryu that have too much wine and wanna share.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Feb 6, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Pickle juice cures cancer. I keep the big ballpark jars of pickles around for hangovers/hockey games/a snack. I'm not entirely sure I know how to live without a few slugs of pickle juice a day. I realize I don't sound reasonable after admitting to Clamato abuse, but pickle juice is great.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
:randno:

Not all Americans! Ranch dressing falls under the subheading of mayonnaise and is therefore completely gross. Putting it on pizza baffles and confuses me, a redneck Texan. Ranch on pizza is such an epidemic here our local pizza joint offers it as a base sauce for pizza. Hot ranch with pepperoni grease, yum.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mayo is eggs and oil. Ranch is dairy (and also oil for the commercial varieties, but.) You're way off. :stare:

Industrial Hidden Valley ranch is not good homemade ranch, and it definitely tastes of "bottled creamy fat" just like Hellman's mayo. And any case it's just gross to dip already flavorful bread into something creamy and fatty.

E: Come to think of it I didn't make a good enough distinction about the pre-made in a bottle part of my argument, so I apologize. Still can't imagine using a good homemade buttermilk ranch for dipping though. It just seems gross.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Feb 11, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

I found this cursed image on my phone this morning. I don't remember this. An atrocity that I apparently ate on top of my laptop. Daintily with fork and knife.

I hope? it's nacho cheese over leftover pizza. I hope? it tasted like heaven because I had reached high and drunk nirvana. I hope? it was a flavor revolution.

I hope.

:randstare:

Real Edit: I take back all the mean poo poo I said about ranch on pizza.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Feb 25, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

It's strange that koalas aren't considered bears, they're completely koalified.

Edit: whatever they're doing with those browned bananas in the pan looks good and would probably elicit a "would" from me.

Bananas foster? It's way more delicious than it looks! My mom used them as an excuse to constantly have brandy in the house "just in case we need to throw a dinner party!". Sometimes she'd toss some toasted coconut or chopped pecans in there, and it looked like a horrible accident but it tasted like heaven served in a crepe with cream.

Come to think of it, my mom only made those when we had fondue parties with the other USAF officers and their wives.

Oh.

Oh god.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That sounds perfectly fine to me. Mint and peas go together extremely well if you're light handed with the mint, obv. I have all the ingredients, I should test this. I'm high enough to be a perfectly biased judge.

E. It tasted like Toms of Maine toothpaste scooped up with stale barn floor sweepings. My dog went loving nuts over it though so eh.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 02:12 on Feb 27, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Randaconda posted:

hell, same

:randstare:

(:negative:)

Hey now don't you feel shame about Easy Cheeze. That poo poo makes awful boring things edible, delicious even. Every person who claims they haven't tried or wouldn't try a leaning tower of Cheez-a is a dirty liar.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Pizza soup is still pizza and therefore doesn't have to follow the standard soup rules. No pizza rules applies to liquids and solids equally. Hot pizza water is still pizza. :colbert:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

PubicMice posted:

But where does the chain end? There are pizza hot pockets, does that mean there are no hot pocket rules? Does that apply to the cheesesteak ones? Are there cheesesteak rules?

My friend, everyone argues about whether or not a hot dog is, in fact, a sandwich. No one, however, should ask what is and is not pizza. If there are no pizza rules then everything, and again nothing, is a pizza. Your Hot Pocket is a pizza. My grilled cheese with mozzarella and fresh pesto is a pizza. That guy's boiled cheese and dough is a pizza.

We are all pizza.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
If there are no pizza rules, everything is a sandwich pizza.

I feel like this philosophy is a slippery slope to calling this triscuit with peas, mint and cottage cheese a pizza, but I remain steadfast.

e: I meant everything is a goddamn pizza. Can't even get my own beliefs proper.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Mar 9, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I plugged the ingredients for Watergate Salad into my insulin pump app and it crashed. :tinfoil:

32-35 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup serving, if you're curious. That is a carbohydrate bomb, holy wow.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Mar 10, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

angerbeet posted:

I'll warn the diabetic.
Thank you for warning the weak and pale diabetic. They'll need extra insulin just for the sugar cloud exhalations your coworkers will give off.

I also heartily recommend having dietetic sweets out just to amuse the non-diabetics. Sugar free milk chocolate peanut cup? I cannot find a downside!

"OH GOD I AM SCREAMING RED LIQUID FROM MY ANUS HELP!?"

"Buck up, it's only your liver making GBS threads itself, eat more malitol!"

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I think Barry Lewis is doing interesting stuff with food. Some odd part of me really enjoys the idea of eating see-through raviolis and clear french fries. Dunno, I find a transparent corn taco exciting. Probably not one made by some Brit though. They have terrible ideas about Mexican foods.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Keep in mind that having a tumbler tomato supply will lead to your neighbors staring at you in horror as you shove tomatoes in your face like a animal.

As for weird textures I hate avocados. They're gooshy and fatty and altogether unpleasant and that's before you get to the funky dirt flavor. I think everyone that likes them is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My god we need a PYF Food Taxonomy thread.

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Food Taxonomy: Everything is a pizza if you Believe