Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Lets be fair about what Covok mentioned: Bendis has done worse to Miles this year than having him retire the name Spider-man.

That said, i'm just really hoping that whoever takes over ignores it and has Miles be Spider-man regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The fully-clothed and only mildly-annoyed Hulk decides to use his non-descriptive phone to purchase tickets to Disneyland. The shocking plot twist is that he gets a call from his cousin, who will drop by later.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Would the arms dealers comic from earlier this year pass those rules?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Are Saturday-morning cartoons still a thing? I legit don't know, the only interaction I have with cartoons nowadays is with that Netflix Voltron show.

The last saturday morning cartoons block died some years ago, with Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I don't care much for his writing or his internet slapfights, but Slott did pretty good and I love reading his ramblings of what a dick move BMB leaving Marvel was for this one-sided cartoon rivalry.

Gonna miss his events. Even when Slott doesn't do stuff I enjoy, his ideas are usually creative enough that any other writer I do enjoy churns out gold. They didn't last long, but Yost's Scarlet Spider and Thompson's Silk made Slott's run worth it, and other mediums adapting Spider-Island and Spider-Verse are always great.

Guess now we'll spend three months speculating on the new writer for Amazing. I'll say Hickman.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Roth posted:

Could I get a bullet points version of thay video please? I'm at school and really curious what exactly is going on.

Also, put me down for more Avengers, JL, Titans, Champions, Defenders, X-Men or whatever made up of teams of c and b listers. The big guys already have the universe revolve around them anyway.

Two melting white guys promise this is gonna be Marvel NOW! again for real this time. New beginnings for the new starting point linewide new creative teams new storylines jpgs are moving slightly May 2018 (please come to a comic book store after you see Infinity War please oh god) won't tell you any of the talent involved or anything but it's gonna be huge everyone excited the start of a new era

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wait, the Joe Quesada bi-yearly Status Quo Desktop Background Art has Robbie Reyes. Okay, there's something for me, at least. And they're making a fairly big deal out of Spidey, so i'm even slightly more excited to see who they replace Dan Slott with.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aaron and McGuiness on Avengers is really loving cool. Just sucks that it's Yet Another Renumber

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Roth posted:

I'm just imagining Larocca cutting out screencaps of Chris Evans with that filter he does like he does with Star Wars, and I'm just :aaaaa:

Only if he's in art duties for the arc where Johnny Storm joins the team.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

BC are saying retailers were told at the ComicsPRO summit that Captain America would relaunch on July 4th.
Their guess for writer is Ta-Nehisi Coates, but reportedly Marvel didn't mention creators.

And from the looks of the May solicits, Waid's spending the whole rest of his run in the future.

I enjoyed the last issue fine, but it's a bit of a waste of a run. Remember when it was advertised as Cap roaming small towns to earn back America's trust? That lasted a whole three issues.

Hey, that's over half a run these days.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno hasn't posted here in a bit. You think they got him and his "notes"? :tinfoil:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

He's getting married, like, tomorrow. Also congratulations Rhyno.

Oh! Well, congrats to Rhyno.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lobok posted:

It is pretty annoying in retail pretending to be everyone's chum. Now it's for real.

At least Sharks are have better manners and hygiene. And they don't keep you on the clock for an extra half hour.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Welp, guess i'll stick to Renew Your Vows and Peter Parker: The Spectacular. There's still Miles Morales' book, hopefully.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

JordanKai posted:

What costume are they talking about here? I don't remember any Spider-Woman costume being particularly bad outside of the usual ridiculous skin-tightness.

They're talking about the usual ridiculous skin-tightness.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

howe_sam posted:

The Spectacular Spider-Man approach to time travel

It seriously is. Jesus.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am missing one thing, then: what exactly are they thinking of doing in this past that'll let them fix the future?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

good day for a bris posted:

There's a robot in Tinkerer's garage that does something that kicks this all off, they need to find out what it was.

Ah, okay, gotcha.

Anyways, I loved the issue, and so did Marvel!

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/973996751194591232
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/974000146672443394

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I'LL SIGN YOUR FACE

Not an emptyquote.

-ArmyofMidgets

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I never read Don Cates' Dr Strange before this issue with spider-man and my god, I need to read his whole run now. I love this ghost dog.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Watching Dr Who makes you incapable of enjoying anything, as well as incapable of shutting up about how you watch Dr Who.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I saw this yesterday but stopped paying attention at new powers. My immediate thought was "what? are his claws on fire now?" and I can't believe I wasn't even that off. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Why would you NOT build a regular-size robot and then make IT giant?

You nsed to build it giant, then turn yourself giand AND THEN turn the giant robot into a mega giant robot so you fit in the giant cockpit.

• Locked thread