Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

We inherited an outdoor cat with our house that does this. Here he is.

We were told he doesn't like humans and would almost certainly bail once new people moved in.

Here he is hating humans. It took us living there and feeding him for about 2 weeks before he'd want to come in every night for pets and brushing. He sites on a lap, purrs and naps the whole time.

He's ~13 years old and an incredible mouser. He's brought us a catfish, ~3 decapitated squirrels and a half dozen or so lizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

hazardousmouse posted:

We had a cat that caught, killed, and left a bat in the dog's water dish. I maintain he was sending a powerful message

Oh yea he also brought a bat that he half ate which caused my wife to have a panic attack as she was close to someone who died of rabies and it’s a super duper traumatizing way to go. Brain swells until you die. We tried to keep the cat in the house as we had to quarantine him until the health dept test on the bat came back. He did many screams, didn’t like that. We kept him on the porch and he tore the screen and got out on day 5 or so. Bat was negative on day 6.

And the catfish he didn’t even eat he took one mouth shaped bite out of it and left it on the porch.

I call him scab cat because despite being flea treated he always has cuts, marks, etc. I wish he’d come live inside but no.

CarForumPoster has a new favorite as of 12:55 on Sep 20, 2020

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

CarForumPoster posted:

We were told he doesn't like humans and would almost certainly bail once new people moved in.

Here he is hating humans. It took us living there and feeding him for about 2 weeks before he'd want to come in every night for pets and brushing. He sites on a lap, purrs and naps the whole time.

He's ~13 years old and an incredible mouser. He's brought us a catfish, ~3 decapitated squirrels and a half dozen or so lizards.

He added to his kill list this morning...a mole. He left it immediately outside our door step as he does all his presents.

I've never even SEEN a mole in real life before.

What kind of cat kills bats, moles and catfish?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Ror posted:

For the love of God, Montresor!

There’s not even any wine

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Elviscat posted:

Yeah they do, I fed this stray a few times and he decided this would be cool to do.

https://youtu.be/7wCeDYAzLFo

This owns.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Megillah Gorilla posted:

EDIT: great, I wanted "angry old man yells at clouds", I got "paraplegic handjob" :arghfist::corsair:

what a post

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
More quality Ukrainian propaganda: https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/yr5kg8/ukrainian_soldier_makes_a_cat_checkpoint_in_his/

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
This is the “almost feral” 15 yo outdoor cat that came with our house. He does not care for the cold. Since it is chilly he sleeps indoors on many blankets purring the whole time.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

CarForumPoster posted:

My fluffy boy passed away yesterday at ~15. A very long life for a mostly outdoor cat, but it was unexpected.

I miss him terribly.

CarForumPoster has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Feb 23, 2023

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Busket Posket posted:

Good thing I was around to make sure they had plenty of catfish, squirrel, and lizard meat.”

He added bats, rabbits, large frogs, small frogs and moles to the list. I never saw him chase, stalk or kill a bird. We have lots of them too.

The bat legally required a quarantine and health department call which resulted him in him busting out of our large patio by climbing the screen to a small tear, making it bigger and sliding out. He did this as a senior cat 2-3x the average age of an outdoor cat. Bat was negative for rabies so I can safely presume that despite being well fed he just snatched an otherwise healthy, lightning fast bat out of the air for sport.

He was a nice fuckin kitty

e: I buried him tonight in a raised bed I’m going to fill with ginger cat colored flowers. I’m not religious but I like the all-things-become-something-else. He can become yellow and orange flowers.

CarForumPoster has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Feb 24, 2023

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Thank you all for the kind words. Hope I’m not bringing down a great thread. Here’s the memorial garden for my late ginger friend:

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

1stGear posted:

My cat likes to rough house, but obviously her teeth and claws tend to come out during it and my weak human flesh can only tolerate so much of that.

welding gloves

$7 - https://www.harborfreight.com/welding-gloves-39664.html

Theyre usually softer leather than the dirt cheap gardening gloves and more puncture resistant to boot.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Is the 2nd one a water moccasin?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Base Emitter posted:

Raccoons seem like they're half-acclimated to being around humans already...

My drunk cousin had a pet raccoon named princess. He'd feed it skittles and it was downright friendly...

...if you had skittles.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Very Cute, Do Not Un Mute

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Siffl posted:

Where can I find something like this? The school of minnows cat toy thing, not the cat.

2nded, I tried google but no luck

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Kwyndig posted:

What I like about cheetah and doggo friendships is they just get any old dog when the cheetah is just a kitten and it works fine. They don't need to be a specific breed, just doggo.

Ive never seen a chihuahua

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Kwyndig posted:

prevent accidental predation.

sounds like a Chris Hansen special

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Kestral posted:

If you didn’t want to be crawled on by big lizards, maybe you shouldn’t be radiating all that lovely body heat??? Rude to hoard it imo.

I feel like you could do an interesting heat map study and / or incredibly niche fetish video by having someone lie down in a tank full of lizards and seeing which parts of the body they decide to bask on.

This is an Elon Musk post.
Good first act.
Disgusting fetishes second act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Cat distribution system at work here.

This guy came into my back yard and when I went out to say hi he started making a chewing motions and blinking a bunch at me. Gave him some food and he was very sweet.

Our county does TNR so if he hangs around and I can get a better look at his balls to make sure they’re there I’ll have them come get him…

…or some other cat/possum/raccoon they trap instead by accident