Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

No, but you can use it as a football.

NXflate Gate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

the real question is will Nintendo be able to make gaming ambrosia iwth the NX and be a REAL video game company

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The creepy clowns are in fact an ARG by Nintendo. It will finish when one random lucky child from every state, who has no knowledge of this ARG, Is abducted by a creepy clown. The first team or group of panicked police officers to follow the clues to their state's lucky kidnapped child will find them shaking and traumatized with an envelope containing the NX release date. All the other lucky abductee winners will be given to the clowns as a mix of payment and tribute

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Chairman posted:

Your toxx was very well timed... perhaps too well timed... Shigeru

It's clear he has an uncle the works at nintendo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wanna catch that frog

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I actually think the detached controllers will be comfortable :shrug: Reminds me of the best part of the Wii remote and Nunchuck which was being to sit in pretty much any position with your hands where they'd be most comfortable and still play which was pretty rad

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can't wait to play with Wang and my friend's Wangs with my Switch

Shadow Warrior 2 jokes

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If the Joycons have motion/gyro in them (I think it's safe to say they do) maybe we can get a new Piolt Wings where they can be used like a flight stick

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Violet_Sky posted:

So what the hell is is going to happen to the WiiU?

Shigeru and Reggie stop eating mid bite as a flash of lightening streams through the window and a roll of thunder is distantly heard as the question hangs in the air. They both give glances towards a wall that appears to have new sheet rock and paint recently put up in the shape of a doorway where a barely audible scratching, so low its hard to tell if it's really there, is heard

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo better adopt Switch Puppy as an official Switch mascot :mad: wanna pet that dog

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How much data are carts like what were shown in the trailer able to hold nowadays? And if they're big enough can devs set aside memory on them to store entire DLC packs and save data on?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want another chibi-robo game like the first game :(

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

trump isn't gonna be able to get a switch on launch day and he'll pull support from japan cause of it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

when can I preorder this thing cause dang i want it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

the only way that will be ok is if in the first 30 seconds Mario hits a pow block that launches all the rabbids on the planet into the sun and you never see them again for the rest of the game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm gonna pre-order the switch cause I want it as soon as possible

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

the switch will be good and i will be preordering as soon as i can merry christmas to all cute and good gamers

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Michael Pachter is almost always wrong tho

Michael Pachter is a man who once got angry and blamed Nintendo fans for keeping Nintendo being rightfully doomed like his projections said they should be and not because he's a glorified crystal ball gazer who's in a field that's made of pure bullshit

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Switch event will just be an hour of Reggie reading off a list of games and specs and will punctuate each sentence by slapping a bound and gagged Kevin Pereira tied to a chair in the face with his dick

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I might actually get physical media for the Switch cause I like carts I dunno why

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will strap my Switch to myself and wear it like a loin cloth

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I am going first thing for in the morning on Friday to Gamestop to order my Switch but I am nervous I will get there too late by not camping out that night

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Animal Crossing is probably one of those things that felt like it should always have been a portable game, kinda like FF Tactics.

I think the Switch is perfect for Animal Crossing. I love having it as a mobile game but I also missed being able to play it on my TV and just relax instead of sitting looking down at a small screen

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

First is 11 PM EST Thursday. The next day at 10 AM EST will be a Nintendo Treehouse playing all the games they showed off the night before for a more in depth view of each

I will continue to hold out hope that we get a new Viewtiful Joe and a proper Chibi-Robo sequel on the Switch

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 12, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpz3abAk98

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have to drive my folks to the airport at 7 in the morning I'll probably just drive to my GameStop after that and wait till they open and line up if I see others doing it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It would be really cool if Iwata recorded a message to be played at this presentation since I'm sure he had a hand in the creation of the Switch :unsmith:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Some Miyamoto here to tide you over.

https://youtu.be/K-NBcP0YUQI

Miyamoto is the closest thing this world will ever have to Willy Wonka minus the strange obsession with trying to kill children

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

zenintrude posted:

That's what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Luigi's Mansion was and still is an awesome game and the main criticism game journalists panned it for was literally "but it's not Mario"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I don't know why people think that there won't be a port of Pokémon Sun/Moon. People who have dug around in the files found that models and textures are HD ready and the graphics are down graded from another version to run on the 3DS

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reggie walks off stage at the end of the reveal. Suddenly the theater goes pitch black. No sound and no light for over two minutes. Suddenly a single spot light shines down in the middle of the stage. Dead center is Gabe Newell. He starts laughing. No music plays there's just the sound of his laughter as slowly the Half Life 3 logo slowly descends into view behind him before the stage curtains are drawn shut. The audience leaves as he continues to laugh from behind the curtains

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

To cash in on the popularity of the Five Nights at Freddy's Nintendo will unveil Night of the Living WAAAH in which five clones of Waluigi attempt to attack a player inside Princess Peach's panic room before Mario arrives the next morning

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shouldn't the free space be "This doesn't change anything this time Nintendo is doomed FOR REAL" ?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6A6pMO_WKM

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will be really disappointed if I can't preorder tomorrow :smith:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Switch will allow players to purchase data packs on the eshop to connect to the Verizon cellular network while out of range of wifi

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

well why not posted:

After years of readying, Reggie releases his final form, blacking the sky with noxious fumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr4knvNNgtU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I'm starting get anxious that I won't get a pre order. I'm 30 years old why is this happening to me.

:same: but at 27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If you had to actually throw punches to get a midnight nintendo fan to drop their bag you found the strongest and most dedicated one in the nation

Uh I carry my hanzo steel with me anytime I'm carrying a Nintendos so people know not to challenge me for it

• Locked thread