Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Mel Mudkiper posted:

In the movie its delivered as a half-hearted one-liner with all of its emotional weight removed from the performance.

I was already ready to give up on the film, but as soon as they did the bit with Rorschach and the shrink and Rorschy gives a big list as to why he loving loathes him, but in the film he goes, "You're fat..." And then there's a huge pause for laughs, (fair play people DID laugh) I just shook my head. loving Watchmen, man. Such a ham-handed mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Last few pages of this thread have been infinitely more entertaining than I imagine BvS is.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Think that happens in Kick-rear end/Ultimate Spider-Man too and they just go, "Huh, just some kid?"

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The report I heard made it sound like The Warriors with the eponymous squad trying to escape Gotham from the various gangs that are after them, including Joker... Which SOUNDS loving cool.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Superman should go back to fighting robots.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Xenomrph posted:

My favorite exchange of late was when someone likened this thread to being a Bizarro version of the CineD thread, going so far as to say that their thread would softly weep as it beat this thread to death.

You know, as if their thread isn't the one championing a moody, violent, unrelatable (Bizarro) Superman.

:ironicat:

Hahahaha. And Jesus, where was that "Superman beats a retarded Bizarro to death" bit from again? That was someone's idea in CineD, right?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Rutibex posted:

he gets cut up a lot fighting, then why doesn't wolverienes blood regenerate into millions of clones?

This is the plot of a Lobo run.

Lobo is p.cool and the only way to do a Wolverine kinda character right. Complete farce and parody.

SAlso Kevin Smith has backtracked HARD and now loves BvS even more. lol

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Every comic I've read by Smith has been hot garbage I have no idea how he's become such a geek icon seeing as he has no loving clue what makes these characters work.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I heard the anal thing isn't in the comic which surprised me. Could be wrong though.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've seen some crazy loving arguments on Facebook about BvsS and the "Fanboy" thing. Holey moley people are nuts.

Like they accuse anyone of not liking the film to be "Marvel Fanboys" but their arguments FOR the film are always fanboy claims. Like, "Yeah the film was bad, but turn your brain off WE GOT TO SEE WONDER WOMAN! SO EPIC!"
"Yeah Lex was poo poo, but he wasn't the REAL LEX so it's ok."
"Well actually this Batman in cannon is tired of playing Mr. Nice guy, if you'd read Batman comics 4981 you'd understand and furthermore..."

Fffffuck me.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah episode 7 was where I checked out too. I love the Purple Man in the comics too and loved Tennant as him but jesus...

Daredevil though? Doubt anyone gave a gently caress about Daredevil before the show, especially after the Affleck film. Hah.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Is your mom being called Martha Batman's kryptonite?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Finally saw it last night and holllly shiiit it was so loving bad. SO bad.

I want to venture to the cineD thread to see how the gently caress they defend it.

More than that I want to see how they inevitably defend the utter dogshit fight choreography. I like 300 and Watchmen's fights, despite being out of place and utterly against the story, were good, kinetic and fun.

So how the hell is everything so stiff, clunky and boring in BvS? The Batman dream sequence was laughable in how crap it was. It genuinely looked like a 1st take or a practice run or something.

I'm sure some lunatic will say, "Well it's encapsulating the themes and ideals of what it trult means to be a superhero and furthermore..."

What a thoroughly horrid waste of time.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
No amount of restored scenes or additional dialogue could fix those awful, high school drama looking fight scenes.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The head of DC's movie programme is a goon and solely reads CD.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Flesh Forge posted:

The Max Landis "Death of Superman" vid was actually pretty fun to watch and definitely better than Man of Steel/BVS

His passion is infectious.

Much like his diseased glands... Probably... He does hang around with Macauley Culkin.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

BexGu posted:

If they had let the Crank bros write the script and make it R it would have drat it!

If Nic cage isn't the villain in Crank 3 it'll be the biggest loving travesty ever wrought upon mankind.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

watchmen sucked rear end. it's kind of amazing how bad Snyder whiffed on so many of the comics themes. that hallelujah sex scene is almost unwatchable.

After seeing that mess with a gang of other comic fans and hearing them all say how "perfect" it was was kinda sad

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
An interviewer once asked Grant Morrison if he was ever likely to run into Mark Millar seeing as they both live in Glasgow. Grant said if he does he hopes he'll be going at 400mph at the time.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMAO Suicide Squad ends with a blue laser shooting into the sky.

Nooooo wayyyyy. hahahahah.

The clips have been loving dire but I still have a bunch of mates who are dying to see this because of harley. They wanted to turn my birthday celebrations into a cinema and beer thing and I might just go the poub without them and meet later. loving blue lasers, man. hahahha.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I knew, knew it was gonna be drek. do we have any leaks on the plot? What is even going on

Some demon or something has a city on lockdown and the Enchantress merges with it when they get in there and becomes the big bad. The Joker is a side character and his gang are trying to get Harley back and it SOUNDS like the warriors but instead of being cool it's just awful.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Your clown fetish is gross, you freaks.

Also funny that the same special snoflakes who have a clown phobia also love a clown woman

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah from what I can gather Joker just shows up in his Helicopter every now and then just to throw a spanner in the works.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Obviously people in CineD are really looking forward to this. After those clips (the Katana one in particular) I think we have all the proof we need they're trolling now... Or they really have lost their minds.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The Suicide Squad thread seems to be exclusively talking about how to do a proper squat these days, but I wanted to mention something in here.

It seems multiple scenes from SS have been cut. Namely any scene that shows Joker abusing Harley. Slapping her, the torture sequence etc. I'm wondering if they were cut for moral reasons or if they wanted to push their romance without the weird kink stuff.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm also really curious now about how this'll resonate with the fangirls. Will they still love a non-abusive Joker? Or is that pert of the charm.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The first death is Slipknot. Boomerang does that thing in the comic and convinces him the bombs are a bluff and his head explodes.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

why would you even bother spoiling this?

I have no idea.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They even released the first part of the scene a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WePMAh3NsM8

I had no idea.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Was he going to be Bane again?

The movie has applause breaks. So it literally has zero comic timing.

And this is loving hilarious. So the film got one laugh at least.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
So the extended cut of BvS makes the plot more coherent. Did they also tighten the editing for the fight sequences so they looked less like a drama school stage production?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The comic "The Pro" by Garth Ennis also did the Superman in that run blowing a load and clipping a planes wing.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
They've got be joking, right? It's just self aware parody now. Seeing how far they can go and seeing if we'll still buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Xenomrph posted:

I've been giving serious thought to doing an effort-thread about the Carpenter movie (and the prequel) just because I love the Carpenter movie to death. I'm not sure if I'm better off posting it in CineD or GBS though. Like, I don't want the thread to be clogged with fart-sniffing Zizek metatextual bullshit, but I also don't want it to be non-stop threadshitting and/or just an endless chorus of people high-fiving each other over how awesome the Carpenter movie is and nothing more.

I'd love this and I'd say post it here. If a thread is good and about a good thing then GBS is pretty great because you avoid the hardcore fanwankery and people tend to push out the threadshitters fairly early.

I've always thought you could cut the nails of those who you thought were infected by a thing or cut their hair because those are just dead cells in a normal person, but a thing would have to try and replicate the dead cells (much like blood would be "dead" after you draw it) but trimming toenails isn't as tense, I guess.

Oh, also BvS was poo poo.

• Locked thread