Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oovee posted:

So read about the situation on kotaku of all places, can you respec pilots yet? Waiting on support to find which of my many accounts holds my only remaining char with some SP.

Sort of. You can buy things called skill extractors which take up to 500k skillpoints out, and create a skill injector, you can then use that on your character and get up to 500k skillpoints to put into whatever skills you want.

There are diminishing returns, for example a new character can inject the full 500k skillpoints from the injector but a 50mil SP character using the same injector only gets 300k skillpoints out of the 500k to use.

Dev Blog on it - https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/skill-trading-in-new-eden/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scandoslav posted:

Yeah it takes a real wordsmith to plagiarize a press release.

I made $300 a month off TMC doing that :toot:

GaussianCopula posted:

Is it just me or does Mittani do a really, really good Hardcore History Dan Carlin impression?

It's just you.

Speaking of, Blueprint for Amageddon is super good.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Tone and delivery can really change perception. Jersey Johnson could have written the same articles Sion has in his own language and with his particular sense of humor and gotten a radically different response.

Media and Diplomacy are entirely different animals, it pays to be a bit dry when dealing with theoretical professionals on the other side, because you lay down a string of facts, or creative lies in a no nonsense matter and get results. Media is all about zeitgeist, perception, feelings, you aren't influencing an individual who can be at least pushed into being a rational actor, you are influencing a mob.

Honestly, I'm surprised people actually enjoy my EVE ~diplomatic update~ videos or whatever you want to call them. I think I sound boring as gently caress.

Nietzschean posted:

MEGATHRONS MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER FORGET

Baltec vs Baltec Fleet :black101:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deki posted:

"Hey BFM, we know you're a horrible unrepentant pedophile, but you do harvest a mean space wool" - PL

Pretty sure VideoGames said not to bring up BFM & Xenuria stuff.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not worth it.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 1, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ice Fist posted:

There's a question inside my question. I haven't been plugged into politics/goons/whatever in this game for years. I'm sitting here eating popcorn on the sidelines (lol never logging in again) and a guy who wrote some fun updates and made some funny videos I thought had burnt out and retired from Eve is now posting about shooting goons.

My question is: what happened there?

Endie & Bat decided to leave GSF a few months back and ended up joining PL. That's the gist of it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How does PL support itself? Are all of their members independently wealthy?

Are you talking at an alliance level or individual level?

Individually you're expected to be financially supporting yourself. Most people do various things like JF runs, alts in highsec doing incursions, PI, money moons etc. For example, I personally just use the referral code PLEX and my EVE-Bet sponsorship money off my videos to fund myself. It's awesome because I don't have to ever PVE.

At the alliance level there are various ways PL makes its money such as the Alliance Tournament, the old B0T rental empire being another (we were making a reported 1 trillion ISK per month), as well as mercenary contracts.

crew posted:

They collected renter isk for the last three years and dont pay out poo poo or reimburse nothing.

Essentially they have zero expenses except the alliance tournament which they try superhard at.

This is a bit misleading. PL paid out SRP while B0T was around and also provided stuff like isotopes etc., but phased it out over time. AT is a huge payout in general, so I don't know why you wouldn't want to make all that money.

The old money man for PL did two articles for TMC covering it.

March 2013 report - https://www.themittani.com/features/year-life-pandemic-legions-wallet

July 2014 report - https://www.themittani.com/features/18-months-pandemic-legion-finances

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 1, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

It amazes me that the people who complain about TMC revenue checks have no qualms with the Rixx Javix "fix my personal finances because I am a fuckwit" Kickstarter.

Did Endie endorse Rixx Javix's thing?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

If you're good, the tournament is a moneymaker, not an expense: since they reworked the prize structure a couple of years ago, any team that makes it to the final day gets around a trillion in prizes at minimum.

Yeah, the prize payout they swapped over to is at least a decent incentive to try and place.

Get 4th place and you get 6 rare ships that go for like 100 billion each.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

incidentally expect some lobbying for CCP's yearly welfare checks to stop being the primary source of income for some alliances

you want money you're gonna have to log in all the time and play the game just like everyone else

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

I heard the team with the most team spirit wins!

My pug has an official Goonwaffe squeaky bee. Whatchoo got Money Badgers? Your move. :colbert:

We got Scootie Bean Jr.?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://timerboard.net/WorldWarBee

:eyepop:

Siets posted:

My ancestors were dutch. Blue and white is kind of our thing. :)

That pug is cute as gently caress tho.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Michael%20BoltonIII

Dear lord.

Fix Lag posted:

any day I can get a source of bazillion-ISK ships taken away from my enemies is a good day

Same. We've been doing a good job of it lately too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

how's that VFK battle going for you

(obviously it's just an unimportant, empty station that nobody actually lives in and that nobody really wanted to take anyway)

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xenothral posted:

Saved the I-Hub in UQ9, but station got freeported. VFK I believe is completely saved?

VFK went uncontested.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Full vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODYO3a1oPs

He paid me to make an AT ad out of it too :toot:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who the hell is buying these 1 trillion isk ships that you win in the alliance tournaments?

Mostly people who amass wealth in other areas of the game like super scamming, production, market fuckery etc.

His was an 80bil AT frigate - https://zkillboard.com/kill/40694204/

He in particular buys & sells characters via the character bazaar to make money. I remember him saying he made around a quarter of a trillion in a year.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you're spending that much effort making that much loving isk and not just RMTing it all then you are unbelievably retarded.

Probably, but I can only speak about the YouTube/Twitch RMT game as that's what I'm involved in :ssh:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sakako posted:

so uh

"pandemic horde" sent me a message today asking if I want to join their ranks

what's the best way to tell them no?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

accept then awox them then leave

You could do that or just ignore it since it's an recruitment email thing we do.

You do you friend.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vTGN52MCc

e: Predicting yet another refrain of "adding this to gsf_tears.zip" -- after all, you post it in the Eve thread roughly every five posts you make.

Please don't post shame.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ranbo das posted:

Was the GSF showing after the SOTG really so bad? There's only like 200 people on the battle report which is like less than half of FCON.

Apparently it was 177 Goons in the fleet.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CCP Manifest (CCP's PR guy) just rap battled JEFFRAIDER and demolished him.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

soundcloud please

https://soundcloud.com/dassalt/joinhorde

CCP Manifest is first, Jeffraider just gives up after hearing it.

Also Kyle Aparthos (SMA duder), Laz, & some other Imperium guys hung out and sang "Little Bees" with them all :3:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 2, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DiggityDoink posted:

that was a terrible rap, you could tell he sat there crafting it for an hour with that flow

I too expect a 30 or 40 something year old white guy who is the PR rep for a game company to be good at rap battles.

Syndic Thrass posted:

I came in late, that was fun though. Whoever the FC of that was struggled for a bit there before I left. Had to cut off his "thanks for coming..." with "alright and this vomit is really coming soon. Bye"

I didn't see you when I was on but thanks for swinging by.

That was Khan, he's a good dude who's a bit rough around the edges when it comes to being an FC.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

Yeah it was when things were winding down already for sure. Would that be... Garr Khan?

Nah, the dude was Khan Kimpachi. I know Garr said he put an alt into Horde but I never bothered to find the name of it.

yogizh posted:

Spent whole morning reading that CO2 diplo thing posted pages ago. https://skyride.org/paste/87cd4baeb34ee2d71f979e6c023a92895af205b5

That is some history of being dumb as a loving brick. So much patience and help over the years wasted on few egoistic shitlords.

That's a lot of words about internet spaceship pixels.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 2, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm a 30 or 40 something year old white guy and you know what? I know I can't rap for poo poo and so I don't try to whip it out and make an rear end out of myself especially when it's being recorded.

That poo poo was embarrassing and cringe worthy. CCP trying to hop on whatever is "cool" is sad, especially when they're getting in the mumble of one of sides of the war they're desperately trying to promote.

lol

Reverand maynard posted:

Is the PL guy really trying to take the high ground on awoxing?

Hisec awoxing was my favorite thing to do when I wanted a change of pace. During periods between war if just join random hisec corps that were doing mining ops. "Hey do y'all wanna see my vindicator?"

Are you really that dumb? I'm saying he can do whatever he wants.

I wanted to call it The Northern War. The vid I made that CCP put onto that page was made before the PL marketing team decided on a name.

Ynglaur posted:

Are you Tallardar?

Yep.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 2, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

:suicide:

Really it's my fault. I have only been shipping for 16 hours a day for 6 days straight now. Why would it get smaller?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

EVE has been around for 13 years, when is this thing finally going to die?

It's already dead.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Despera posted:

PL doing the hard things since never

This is true. We are notoriously lazy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hubbl3 posted:

How long was Vily part of goons? Each goal on it's own is a pretty big goal to begin with. But all of them together are really unachievable.

Fall 2011 to Fall/Winter 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Despera posted:

And why you never win wars against us.

Pretty much. We're really bad at subcaps, and only log in for the AT season.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

This was frankly the one part of the Kickstarter that I didn't really buy. Most people, when pursuing their dream (writing career) and doing something like the fountain book would just suck it up and do it for something less than a full replacement of their office job salary.

I have a family member who worked a similarly well paying job but also wrote novels, etc. and yeah they didn't take time off their main job to do it despite some of the writing projects paying just as much as their real job. That said, I can't blame the dude for wanting to get a year paid for to dedicate solely to writing the novel. It was just poorly laid out from the get go and how people didn't see it and thing otherwise before hitting the "launch kickstarter" button is beyond me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HENGRY BUNG posted:

Holy poo poo the try hard edginess in DBRB's stream is next level.

Please don't insult valued FCs like DBRB.

pseudanonymous posted:

I lowballed it. Thank god you're still here spewing poo poo 18 months after I quit playing. I'm surprised you haven't gotten some kind of infection or something, I'm assuming your entire house must be literally full of poo poo, i.e. if someone looks through the windows all they see is brown.

I'm sure if you actually make any progress even more people will resub, but we'll probably never know.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 2, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

No they just bulldoze the land, put the farmers in their fields (and some alts) and tell em dont touch our supers, ever, dont shoot our towers (we're towering all the good moons) and rent is due on the first of the month.

CFC does out in the open the things that PL/NC gotta do in secret and by proxy (horde/querious/delve blue donut thunderdome) to maintain the image of eliteness.

Querious' money moons under Horde sov are owned by the alliance with all the money earned going into the alliance wallet to fund the ships for the newbies. All the other crews in Querious get the moons in their systems and are off limits for people to hit. I would know this since I'm in the chat channels that sort this stuff out, but please tell me more about how it's a secret scheme to funnel money towards PL's wallet. :allears:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

Its not a money funnel at all

Except you said, or at least implied, it was...

crew posted:

No they just bulldoze the land, put the farmers in their fields (and some alts) and tell em dont touch our supers, ever, dont shoot our towers (we're towering all the good moons) and rent is due on the first of the month.

CFC does out in the open the things that PL/NC gotta do in secret and by proxy (horde/querious/delve blue donut thunderdome) to maintain the image of eliteness.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please take the garbage spin to reddit, both sides are awful and should be ashamed

:agreed:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I just think it's awesome that people paid 10bux to try and troll us with their spin. Like that's the ultimate complement.

I paid 10bux to :justpost:

Ynglaur posted:

Saying Horde and PL are separate is kind of like saying the Taliban and Al-Qaeda were different in 2001, or Texas being different than the US. We may all wish it to be true, but that doesn't make it so.

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I'm pretty sure you were a loose j4g. I can't see your regdate on my phone

Probably. Then again who really gives a poo poo to whinge about ~true goons~ in the EVE thread?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 3, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I don't think there's any such thing as a true goon with that said still means you paid 10bux and joined SA for a guild. Doesn't make you a terrible person, but facts are facts.

I actually paid to play DUST 514 with HVACRepairman et al, the superior game.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 3, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't know if you checked the game out, but the Naval Action Goons have a Jolly Roger made to look like goatse.

It's about as great as it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

As someone who has not logged into this game in half a decade is there any way for me to take a look at my character's skills and poo poo without resubbing?

You should be able to go to https://www.api.eveonline.com and access your characters API, then go to https://www.eveboard.com or use EVEMon to check the skills without having to be subscribed.

• Locked thread