Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ground floor :getin:

CCP sent me the same resub offer and I am wicked tempted, even if I can't fly with goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I emailed the newbies email to see if there is a chance of me getting back in after my previous forums drunk posting spree and subsequent dismissal

Fingers crossed :pray:

Edit: I just checked my API and it looks like I have around 400mil ISK and 60mil SP so I should be able to have a load of fun.

How much is plex going for right now?

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 1, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Did they manage to get a fleet into VFK yet, or are they still pussying around?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm back baby :getin:

Now what the gently caress has changed in the last two years, ship wise? I heard there were new T3s, so I'm sure there are other fun and exciting things like Jita no longer being a trade hub or something.

What's good and cheap to rat in so I can hopefully plex and not let my wife know I'm playing another mmo uh not give CCP real money after my initial resub fee

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wait if blawrf is gone who am I going to scam with???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mincedgarlic posted:

At work crew.. Please tell me the megathron thing is not an April Fools joke.

If you're like me and can fly every battleship except gallente, you can do Apoc instead

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wasn't a big reason for the lack of Megas in play due to most people shooting for Amarr BS V for their Archon over Gallente BS V because the only people that flew gallente carriers were huge PvE nerds or something along those lines?

I definitely remember there being a lot of stigma around flying Gallente poo poo for whatever reason. Then the Ishtar's potential was realized and from there everyone didn't want to bother with it more than cruiser V since they didn't want to have to train large guns when they already had lasers and missiles which worked great for some of the Caldari/Amarr crossover stuff

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So far this page is cringey as gently caress

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Honestly it would be a lot of fun to crash on someone's couch for a while

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

whats the big deal with that guys avatar
Some nerd thought that the avatar was actually the poster then got all weird about how pretty she is

Syndic Thrass posted:

could you imagine getting to roam dek and kill ishtars? I could get on that train for a while

I mean technically we can do this now, it's just people don't really like to undock when they can clonehop to jita and do market poo poo for twenty minutes then log off

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

well of course she is and in fact i am actually amy lee isnt that how avatars work???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Just pretend that I responded to everyone's post with impatient_sonic.gif

Wait is unamused or disgusted a better term for his facial expression

English is hard

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nobody thought that you idiot

frozenpussy posted:

whatever you want :suspense:

That's how I read it but it could just be from reading Reddit for too long and seeing countless times where someone will link a picture of the person that they posted in a different subreddit for something goofy then be like "wow you play [game]???!!! You're so hot"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nerds, including goons, will always be elitist about something

"Lol you fly with SMA"

"Lol you post on Reddit"

"Lol you post in the anime forums"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is eve fest still held in Ísland or dos they move it to Vegas? I just remembered that Spankys got on the H1Z1 mumble one night and was fuckin turnt up and talking about how great Vegas is

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

they are two separate events

Oh wow they're really branching out then

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

I don't really care to hate PL when they just do their own thing and generally don't sperg out in local of spray poo poo all over the forums. The people I don't like are the retards in TEST and NC. who think this war is some great moral crusade to save eve online from the evil goon.

Honestly the only reason I'm starting to strongly dislike PL is because of these dudes who paid $10 to come and effort post on SA all day. I'd be willing to bet a few of them aren't much liked on PL's forums either

But yeah the Reddit circlejerk is ridiculous, though Reddit loves to circlejerk about anything ranging from politics to phone brands so :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Daruna posted:

I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Eve thread, I simply can't be active elsewhere :(

Hell I'm not even active here, though I do like to post and hopefully will be a regular now.

You could :justpost: in FYAD where they don't care about post quality

:vince:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

World War Bee is literally CCP cashing in on the community's hatred of goons and praying that a shitload of people resub

Who cares

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone should make a video games thread in yospos

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Daruna posted:

In the absence of the CFC having a name it seems fairly obvious that CCP are gonna refer to the name the most active community has come up with. I'm sure that once you decide to start calling this shindig something other than "the war" then CCP'll mention it in a post too. You guys get up in arms over the weirdest stuff.

World war goon would have been better imo but my opinions are really bad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Meclin posted:

Rolling back Fozzie sov and letting us use supers/caps without being sodomized by the fatigue mushrooms would bring back more people.

And yes the World War Bee thing annoys me, and I agree we get pissy about wierd stuff. But EVE is real and stuff.

Yeah I'm split on that

On one hand, it makes ratting a whole lot easier because you're not going to get dropped, and you can't fly from delve to VFK in 20 minutes like you used to be able to do

But on the other hand the exponential time increase is terrible and they really should have just made it so you need more fuel and more jumps

:ccp:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I don't understand this, there's not a single mechanics or scenario question on there. Most of their interview process is "are you active?" "are you a shitler?" and "do you have someone who knows you better than I do, who can verify that you are not a shitler?"

Literally any other PVP org out there asks stupid questions like "If you had A as your ship, and wanted to (accomplish impossible task), how would you do it?" and then you are subjectively graded based on how stupid your answer is, and or how retarded your interviewer is, people are human after all, except for Flanders, who is a walking PVP encyclopedia.

Based on some of the sigs on your forums containing the word "human being" my guess is you guys have a very different definition of what a "shitler" is

Edit: lol then one of you just used "fag" in a post itt

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

Tokyo Sexwhale is a goon :ssh:

I forget which one though

Oh

Well still my point stands :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My point was you're probably a shitter if you're "old fashioned and not above using homophobic slurs" and obviously those shitters haven't been weeded out yet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Not in PL, never been in PL, nor Snigg or anything else that tracks killboard activity, because I am way too inactive to expend the effort to put up some retarded amount of kills to prove I play EVE. Looking at my killboard, I have a whopping 310 or so PVP kills since 2011. I do like to take multi-year sabbaticals from EVE though, so that may be a part of that problem.

Speaking of which, I unsubbed again, maybe I'll get back into it once I'm not living in AUTZ. Years of having little to 0 activity in my TZ has soured me on EVE and it's gonna take a lot to break that.
Yeah, that was my bad :shobon:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

We have people ITT and in Goonwaffe who use the term "Jewing". Getting on people for using homophobic slurs when ironic racism is a thing is a bit of a pot and kettle scenario.

That was weird to see itt and the only reason I didn't report it was because I can't. Someone actually got probed for using it recently though so I would hope that it dies out.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't disagree with this sentiment. I also blame all the Euros because it's usually them that cling to that sort of stuff.
Ironic

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I meant "ironic" in the sense that normally it's Europeans that are better about not using hate speech

Though I guess it depends what type of european you are

my bad :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The way it was when I quit a few years ago was that people still used those terms but they were usually shamed for it and sometimes set to read only. I guess it's different now though and I do post way too much LF stuff so it's probably me just being over sensitive but I would love to think that goons at least had higher posting standards than that :saddowns:

Anyways lets get back to other reasons why our enemies are bad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So when can we switch to discord?

It's really good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

never you retard, its an uncontrollable mess of everything

Helicon One posted:

I asked in Elysium if people had opinions on Discord and the response can be summed up as 'lol security holes'.

vyst posted:

Discord sucks

I mean it's still under development and poo poo but it'd be really cool and good to have a single chat and voice client and be able to get pings on my phone

I get why it would be bad as it stands now based on the security issues, though

Idk it's nice for smaller stuff and less OPSEC stuff I guess

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Drythe posted:

There are jabber apps you can download to get pings on your phone still

Yeah but I can't imagine they've gotten much better than what they were 2 years ago. I mean with our size it's obvious that we have to rely on stable, older software until something good comes out, it's just a matter of when is it going to come out and how can we implement it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CCP will probably ban the char so I would go that route of it were me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You could post in the coolbros eve thread that Eonwe made

Actually no I take that back

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

mittani will give some longwinded speech about supers, broken game, big comeback and then nothing will happen

Reminder that a shitload of people are currently still in school and cannot commit to several hours a night playing video games when finals (at least for me) finish in two weeks. If not for that I would be on every night, as would a lot of other people.

So it's unfortunate that we're losing a lot of sov right now, but we're going to be able to get it all back in the summer when we have more free time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

I think there are a lot of people within gsf that believe the hurfblurf though. Source: some people who post here.

Also friend Eonwe is a great poster and should be agreed with. :sun:

This applies to every side so it's kind of a moot point. Everyone has school/work etc.

Fair enough. I know when I resub in two weeks that I'll be flying around in disposable cheap ships and hopefully having fun making invader's lives hell :shobon:

dragonstalking posted:

PL will help TEST, after the AT.

I'm looking forward to MBC taking all of our sov, then realizing how much money all the moons make and start turning on each other

Also I'm looking forward to the economic collapse that will occur, hopefully PLEX will get cheaper :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Xolve posted:

Can we please hear more about your newbie experiences in EVE: Online?

You realize he is a mod, right

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

A mod that just gave Eve Online a try.

Oh I get it, I thought Xolve was being smug

:doh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

moolchaba posted:

How much wow gold do you have?

I remember I used to make fun of people who played wow because they're all nerds, while people who play Eve Online are Not Nerds because It Is A Very Serious Game Where Dying Matters

but then I tried WoW and turns out it's a fun and brainless game to play so who knew

Long story short: don't MMO shame when you're effort posting on Something Awful about one of the most tedious video games in history

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Magres posted:

also does csm actually stand for council of space mayors

it was the only thing i could think of

Now it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Well I just got confused because it said I was in a Corp and I didn't remember joining anyone so I apologised to the Corp members and they told me it was a starter Corp that everyone is part of.

I thought I'd somehow infiltrated some group by mistake.
:3: :3: :3:

• Locked thread