Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

I play this poo poo game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Richard Bong posted:

Wormholes exist and querns cant do anything about it. Not even with his newfound director powers

Let me into your wormhole :heysexy:.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Richard Bong posted:

OK, just be gentle, my mass limit is low and I dont want it destabilized.

Last I checked it was verge of prolapse.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

WhiteHalo117 posted:

More butts for the dickbutts.

Where's Ben Smash?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

That's code for "Be ready because goddamn are we going to hellfuck some poo poo to death right afterwards"

:gooncamp:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

That's all well and good, but let's not hold up HV as a small gang WH pvp paradise that hasn't killed one thing in WH space in the past week.

And frankly any corp that is led in kills by one Tolstoy Pleres-Kai needs to rethink calling itself a "pvp corp". Shameful.

WOW :eyepop:.

Rude.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

<3

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

scandoslav posted:

But then I'd always believed that the empire existed as a means to the let goons do whatever they want in Eve. I got that part wrong. :shobon:

:eyepop:

Hope all is well buddy.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Good lord :rip:.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

vyst posted:

I need to start plugging that plug.dj replacement. I totally forgot about it

I give it a month before it dies again.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

hailthefish posted:

This thread is bad and I feel like a big dumb idiot for reading it. That is all. Thank you.

:pgabz:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

scandoslav posted:

Pretty drat well. Still on your research year?

Almost done man, back to rotations in two months. Time to get my internal medicine on.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Aurainsoph posted:

What's the name of the ship(s) us n00bs should be aiming for to have the biggest impact both in the large scale fights and the smaller skirmishes/scouting? From the skill guide, it seems like it would be something Gallente.

Interceptors probably.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Richard Bong posted:

Yeah why can't we just conveniently ignore how we hosed him over?

We(old HV) didnt want ~alliance assets~ from GSF we just wanted to hangout in a wormhole with space friends but apparently that was unreasonable.

:ironicat:

Stop talking about Hole Squad. There being a war on has little to do with GOKU being a ghost town.

Everything here is just :thumbsup:.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

why are more people logging in than ever then

edit: like, I understand being bitter because w/e old hole squad is dead and never coming back but christ dude

Venom Snake posted:

i don't think you get hole squad

:ironicat:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

i was referencing the fact hole squad is not some super elite pvp organization but okay

He never stated that hole squad was a super elite pvp organization.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

:drat:

Despera posted:

God stfu about hole squad

Don't think anything else needs to be said after Bong's post.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53079916/

Driveby on the undock.

:rip:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Ahahahaha best poo poo ever. :v:

Love you :baby:hammer.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Wormhole alliances have really smaller player counts and if any massive nullsec block put in the time they could easily evict pretty much anyone.

Yeah, I highly, highly doubt this would ever happen.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

Is that right mighty hole warrior :corsair:stoy

Sod off :baby:hammer.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This, basically. Not that GSF couldn't field hundreds of T3s plus cap support, it's just that the WHCFC would actually have the desire to fight and convincing a thousand goons to go into wormholes (without having them getting stuck on the C3 site isk-grinding wheel on the way) is probably not going to happen.

It's not that living in wormholes is actually as hard as people talk about, especially with all the tools at hand. It's that it's MORE work than living in kspace and goons are fat and lazy. If we can't get 4 full fleets of anything formed up, interceptors or caracals (buy caracals on contract!), or megas, in saranen to go less than 10 jumps to fight MBC, I highly doubt you're going to get enough people to orchestrate a months long campaign in WH space to evict the entrenched forces of the WHCFC. I highly doubt you'd even get 4 full fleets worth of people that were even interested in such a campaign.

This is a fantasy and not a good one. GSF / Imperium is a null sec entity. I'd be interested in hearing what the actual plans are for the next few months other than "hellwar" and "sovwoxing".

So much this. We could barely get people to scan in Hole Squad, a squad for people in the Imperium who are supposedly interested in living and pvping in wormholes (laffo). So this idea that we could somehow muster up enough null-based goons to rage roll holes and then scan them out to bring enough people into a hole and then maintain control of a hole to evict any of the WHCFC entities is a pipe dream.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

And then when you go to work it gets mad and pees on your pillow.

So pessimistic :colbert:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

The only way to prevent it from doing that is by asserting your dominance.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKBYvGG.webm

:stonk:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

I know you were in holesquad, and I don't remember who, but I can tell you, holesquad was always essentially a goon counterculture with poor leadership. If the core leadership of GSF and the core tryhards of GSF decided to do the wormhole "thing" the outcome would be very different in my opinion.

Actually I'd like to amend that statement, the hole violence leadership was good. Up until that point it was pretty bad.

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

Well I was basically the leader of holesquad for about 1/3rd of it's life, so I feel pretty comfortable in my assessment. I don't know if things went downhill when I took a break, I heard garnt left, which is too bad imo.

Ah, then I was around when you were a director most likely. I'm of the opinion that it went downhill and is still going downhill, so I was rather :confused: with the idea that leadership was bad back then. It wasn't ideal, mostly because of the massive burn out that takes a toll on all of the HS directors, but compared to leadership now, it was good. We still have good directors that are great people, but I think the overall direction of the squad has been lost. I personally thought Garnt was always good about making sure we always kept that in mind.

RhoA fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 19, 2016

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

The game plan would be to take over all the c5s, especially those with c5 statics. I think there's around 100 of them, i cant remember where the database is, looks like eve wiki shut down? But basically, any time you roll your static you have a 20% chance of getting one of the other wormholes controlled by GSF. The chain would be constantly collapsing and re-opening.

Pretty sure WHCFC and the likes of Overload This would be very happy to see this attempted.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Eh, you'd be replaced within the week.

:smith:

:pusheen:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

While its unworkable for the entire alliance, I would absolutely be down for a squad that lived in Thera and dropped on people all over the map.

Hey that sounds familiar...

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Hahahahaha.

Interest in group PVE, rolling holes for wolf rayets, a dominix or rattlesnake (preferably both), a neutral Corp alt for logistics, and Tuesdays and Thursdays nights free.

:frogcawg:

:eyepop:

:laffo:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Stevefin posted:

Wormholes is something that I also have wanted to try out ever since they came out. However I have heard its not kind on one account player

The vast majority of my time in Hole Squad was when I only had one account. It's easily doable.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

One account, civilian probe launcher and those implants that actually make your scanning worse. I think they are called mid-grade Pleres.

:pusheen:

Landsknecht posted:

the problem with wormholes is that the "good stuff" is either multiplayer or multibox; if you're fine to log on just for ops it's fine, otherwise doing stuff solo isn't so great

I did plenty of scanning and scouting with one account, but you have a point. I spent many hours watching POSes for movement and would end up missing the ganks on things. I like finding targets and generating content for others though, so it didn't bother me.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

deadtear you should join hole squad, you fit our posting metric

edit: querns to

Lmbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Made you look huehuehue.

• Locked thread