Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thread title should be Stand By Me IMO.

E: VVV Fair enough.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The Dark Id posted:

Man I cannot believe they're already circulating spoiler images from Final Fantasy XV.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No don't cancel keep the second to strike a deal with goons that miss out.

E: I'm half joking, but two, maybe only one, online stores with shipping restrictions is not "worldwide".

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Everyone should play lightning returns

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My heart was limit broken by a severe lack of Eclair "Lightning" Farron already.

This game could be okay though

It's ok there's FFXIII music on the radio of the flying car.

Terper posted:

This game is exciting to me because it looks great.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The flying car was at the tail end of the final trailer at the end of the event.

Which was a pretty amazing reveal just for being something they kept secret until now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Any sign of Justice Monsters Five on app stores yet?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I posted these in the megathread because I was reminded there that I wanted to make them but they belong here too

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oxxidation posted:

Noctis: Wake up. Doze off again. Repeat until something explodes or Gladio picks up him bodily and shakes him awake. Stagger to car, followed by mid-morning nap.

Ignis: None. Wakes up immaculately coiffed.

Gladio: Barbell Bench Press, 6 x 12. Tricep dips, 4 x 10. Wide-grip pull ups, 4 x 6. Deadlift the car when no one's looking. Cooldown pushups. Stare longingly at photograph of Cindy.

Prompto: Spontaneously combusts face while trying to brush teeth.

This will be the entire contents of a future episode of Brotherhood.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I imagine you're stuck on roads, otherwise chocobos would be useless.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My issue with XIV's soundtrack is that I don't forsee myself playing the game, and as far as checking out OSTs goes there are a bunch of different ones and I don't know where to start. :saddowns:

Shimomura's work is good, but only having recently discovered and played Live a Live, her more recent stuff now seems relatively samey. Or maybe that's because it's mostly for the same series but the music in Uncovered and Platinum Demo certainly fit in.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's mid-August, the game's probably in post-production by now. Game development isn't a case of working until the last minute and then hitting the publish button. Could they delay it, even if they wanted to? And what would they delay for at this stage of development anyway, two extra months of QA?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FF 1 didn't have an opening title and the intro and remakes played the Prelude, it plays the Prologue when you cross the bridge.

E: And while I haven't listened to the linked version I remember from Uncovered that yeah, it was the Prelude in Stand By Me. A lot easier to integrate simple arpeggios into whatever.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 17, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Black Mage Knight posted:

Ignis for #1 mom.

But Gladio is the tough one. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hey what about that phone game? I remember someone listing release dates before but I swear at least Android's was supposed to be by now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Same

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I got Bahamut in the gacha, do I win?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Schwartzcough posted:

What kind of Bahamut? A bahamut baseball cap? A bahamut tent? A bahamut car skin? A bahamut camp stove set?

Oh, the phone game gacha not carbuncle surprise.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TG-Chrono posted:

Just wondering how much impact changing directors a number of times over a decade is going to impact the cohesiveness of final product.

It changed directors once, and by all accounts the first did basically no work.

That's... not as much of a compliment as I meant it but it at least mitigates that one worry. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No but you see FFXV is going to be bad because

E: that was meant to be a quote but nobody posted in between so I guess it works

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I mean they already delayed the game two months to apply the day one patch for the sake of users without internet, in Tabata's own (admittedly paraphrased) words "to deliver to best possible game to everyone", they're not gonna then turn around and screw over what could well be a majority of players.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gambits are extremely my poo poo, but I understand that it's not for everyone, if not outright weird. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They probably had to anyway for the inevitable record keeper event. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'd be a bit more generous than that. Tabata at least knows it's a thing some people want, whereas XIII only happened for the sake of the weird mobile streaming thing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

AlphaKretin posted:

FFXV's Moogle is an item!

It's a "lucky item" in the form of a plush toy that somehow helps Noct's party out when they're in a pinch. To me that sounds like a summon, but otherwise we're without actual living Moogles in the game. Huh.

E: To clarify I'm summarising, not translating.

From http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/countdown/

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh goddamnit, it's the Moogle Charm.

Onmi posted:

Final Fantasy XV's moogle is an item! In Final Fantasy XV, the moogle appears as a "Lucky Item"! (Carry a moogle plush doll in your inventory as you walk, like a charm,) and believe in its ability to help you evade all crises and difficulties. It might be able to save Noctis and company when they are in a pinch?!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Alder posted:

Also it's $100+ for the regular edition:v:

I miss the still-not-great old days when games were $70 new.

:australia::shepicide:

This November is not looking good for my wallet.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They're talking about wait mode, which isn't really a seperate combat system, just an option for the game to pause so you can think through each attack if you're not so good at the whole action thing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I haven't preordered because gently caress dealing with :australia: game retailers more than necessary and I don't have enough trust in my internet to lock into digital.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Congratulations, you idiots just confirmed the spoiler by openly discussing it instead of letting it be dismissed as probable trolling. Thanks for that. :bravo:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Nanomashoes posted:

It's been in development hell for 10 years with 2 different directors. They've already dropped the price to 35 dollars. These are not the signs of a good game.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Soul Glo posted:

Hey, I'm watching Kingsglaive, and I have a question:

Where did that huge octopus come from and why?

Oxxidation gave the in-universe answer, but it's a recurring boss from FF6 that's had a cameo in a few of the games.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wow, harsh. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't know if this is true of digital copies, but if you go to play the game while 1.02 is installing you can play a combat demo, basically the end of Platinum but with infinite Goblins instead of the Iron Giant. It's fun enough, and I wish more games gave you at least something to do while waiting like this.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is the radio meant to be super quiet or do I have a hosed speaker? In either case, is there a way to turn it up?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pathos posted:

Can someone explain, in detail, how to make magic? I'm juuuust starting the game and I tried to make a spell and for whatever retarded reason I can't get it to work. I select the spell component (ice) at like 1x, any random thing in the bottom slot (a potion, say) and then.... what? None of the buttons seem to actually create it. I have a free slot so I don't know wtf.

"Craft" is hiding a bit below all that, press down from the lowermost circle. If not, I don't know what to tell you, because it worked for me and all the other steps sound the same.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh yeah, while we're asking questions (what else is a game thread for once it's actually out?), do the fish the cat at the Quay can eat only come out in the day? I'm fishing for it but it said edible fish are yellow on the minimap and I only see blue dots. I wanna help this kitty. :saddowns: Still wondering about the radio, too.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

precision posted:

Also goddamn S-E, grats on making a fishing minigame that is genuinely fun as gently caress.

It wasn't really SE bar publication but Nier's was too, if you completely ignored the tutorial and found out how to do it right elsewhere. Played about the same, actually, if I recall.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Prompto is the MVP of every fight. Taking pictures is an important job. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there some trigger for the extra scenes? I've only gotten one (Ignis) and can't figure out how to get any others, not sure if they're gated behind plot locks, specific campsites, or if it's just a low chance.

It might be location, I got one with Gladio that hinged on proximity to the beach.

• Locked thread