Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Technically for PC users, this game is only three hours away if you sleep for eight hours like I plan to.

I hope that frost magic is worthwhile, I want to make a character that uses a weapon infused with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

So far, the evangelists are easily my favorite enemy. They're legit awesome/scary

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Irithyll is such a goddamn gorgeous area. My favorite in the game so far.

Vintersorg posted:

I gotta find this as I was disappointed you can only get this weapon AFTER beating Bloodborne.

Is this weapon deep into the game?

Nah, it's pretty early on. When you get to a place with a lot of big spears, it's at a building past that. You'll know.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I like this game, but goddamn, how many times is From going to go back to the "big humanoid boss" well?

The bosses that are weird monsters are so much cooler.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Rahu posted:

Looking for some help in the high wall area.

I'm ~15 hours in and came back to poke around for items and paths i missed. I think I have it all cleared now but there is one spot that looks reachable I can't get to.

At the top of the big stairs, in the room with the lady who gives you a banner, there looks to be an upper balcony that includes a kick-downable ladder to the lower floor but I have absolutely no clue how to get up there. Is this something I can get to?

Just keep progressing in the game. You'll reach that ladder eventually.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Please feel free to call me out if I'm just being a baby, but am I crazy in thinking they went a little too far with the crazy aggro on a handful of enemies? For the most part I think the more aggressive enemies has been one of the best parts of the game, but some of them just feel a little cheap and seem to have an absurd amount of stamina. Specifically large mace and assassin type enemies.

It's not a big deal for me, but I agree that they went a little too far with certain enemies. They're huge and yet also ridiculously quick, with too much stamina and poise. This game seems to have more enemies like that than any of the other ones.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay seriously, how are you supposed to fight the Champion without a shield? This motherfucker has tons of combos that go on ridiculously long. So fine, I'll wait for an opening, except he keeps mixing in kicks and punched and shoulder checks that go incredibly fast. And if I sit back and try to see if he does one, well then he just goes right into his next attack. He's totally relentless. The difficult jump from Orieon to him is like a brick loving wall.

EDIT: I probably just need to clear my head and try again tomorrow but god drat this guy is rough

Late reply, but I found that it was better NOT to use a shield against him, and just roll away from his attacks. He's very aggressive, especially in the second half, but he can be read. Just roll like hell and strike as soon as he pauses after attacking, and don't get greedy.

e: I think I was level 70-ish when I beat him? Give or take like 5 levels

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Jose posted:

the old demon king has a stupid amount of moves and the camera keeps loving up because they decided to put things in the middle of teh arena

That was by far the most frustrating fight in the game for me. I'm really not sure what you're even supposed to do about several of his moves, he barely telegraphs them at all and they have such a big AoE. Combine that with the camera and yeah, it wasn't fun.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Just dropping by to say that the dried finger is hilarious and so much fun. If you use that thing and you are the right level for the area, you will get so, so many invaders very quickly. If you use it while you're in way of blue, and summon some buddies to help you out, you are almost guaranteed to have a bunch of big outrageous battles.

I did this in road of sacrifices with two summons on my side, and people were invading so quickly that the fights were even most of the time. We would kill someone only for another to show up right away. The fight eventually spilled over into Farron Keep, where my buddies succumbed to the enemies and poison swamp. I was left in a 1v2 and managed to kill them both because they had run out of estus. Game owns.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

slev posted:

Why do they build bottomless pits beneath elevators

I keep checking the pits to see if there's a secret, and there never is in this game. :(

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

From Software makes games that are so cool and unlike anything else, and yet every one of them has several really sloppy mistakes. Some of them are harmless enough, like missing textures in the most obvious spots that make you wonder how in the world they could have missed it. Or really sloppy repeating textures on walls and whatnot that look like something out of an N64 game. But then there's offensively horrible poo poo like what hackers are able to do in this game.

How could they possibly let stuff like this through? What did they change about Dark Souls 3 that makes hackers so much more dangerous than in 2? I know programming isn't easy, especially in gaming when there's deadlines to meet and pressure and whatnot, but seriously, what did they gently caress with to let this through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Faux Mulder posted:

poo poo's almost impressive in its vagueness and ambiguity. literally no useful meaning to be extracted from it.

:darksouls: