Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
He obviously should have avoided the attack he had no way of knowing was going to hit him, even though that's a contradiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
It wasn't a gameplay mechanic that allowed backstabs to miss in DkS1 though, it was a bug. Backstabs were consistent for everything but PvP-- which also describes a dozen other mechanics in this series.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
They had to add all those maces, axes, spears, and daggers that no one is using instead.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Dungeon needed more wizards in cells going HUURRRREEEGHGGHHHHHGG

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Walk down an incline to death.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Darkroot Garden was peak gameplay design; an open area where you get chased around by a bunch of enemies. We gotta keep going back to this concept until we get it right again!

I thought it was funny they showed the player playing a knight, and also dying at the end using attempting to use magic. A very honest trailer.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Internet Kraken posted:

Miyazaki saying he was looking for a balance between DS1 and 2 when it came to equipment durability is one of the funniest things about DS3, given what the actual result was.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the goal, but playtesting resulted in them shifting some global modifier for durability. Some weapons still degrade fairly fast, but that's relative to the speed of other weapons-- so never enough to actually matter.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Dark Souls 3, you can't satisfy anyone!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Tallgeese posted:

...Are they really just copying Battle of Stoicism with more player slots?

Is that what I am seeing? Even the little crowns are basically the same!

There's Nothing New Under The Soul

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I hope "improved" animations is FROM-speak for "faster".

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Stranger things have happened, right? No, maybe not...

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Ultra Greatswords are great! Have you seen how much damage I can do with Great Chaos Fire Orb while holding one at the same time?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Every sword is OP in PvE already.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Nanomachines of the first flame.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The lands converged because Lothric had tax breaks and the lords wanted to build a themepark

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Internet Kraken posted:

I like how lothric's holy sword projectile travels in a perfectly straight line and has a super short casting time. Meanwhile the crescent moon blade requires you to stand still for like 2.5 seconds and arcs into the ground for no reason.

They're balanced by ease of access, of course!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Frick speed runners. Dark souls is a methodical game you should savor.

Not anymore!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

HaB posted:

Here's the broken Greatwood fight video:

Wtf

Enjoy

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this Demon's Souls footage.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Paracelsus posted:

Old Wolf Curved Sword + Pontiff's Right Eye + Sellsword Twinblades + buff = insane damage against any boss who gives you an opening to stand and deliver.

I thought the rings and old wolf curved greatsword didn't stack?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Everything that's not pure K***ht was unintended

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Internet Kraken posted:

Did anything in DS1 even inflict toxic other than the blow gunners?

Dung Pie!

Also some enemies in the Painted World and the baby skeletons in the Tomb of the Giants. Also Nito

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

AlternateNu posted:

Is Oceiros affected by slumbering dragoncrest ring? You know, because no eyes.

Give the player the ability to exploit a boss's obvious disability? That's just crazy talk. This is a game about ROLLING, not logic!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Guillermus posted:

Hey, that worked on Demon's Souls at least where you could "hide" from Old Hero.

Oh I know. :sigh:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah its a weird thing that was first implemented in Bloodborne and carried over to DS3. Not sure why From hates players running around naked so much.

If they hate it so much they should try making armor not suck

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
What do they do for food? Where are the farms, FromSoft?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Maybe the swamp was actually a farm where they got fruit from the Basilisks.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Internet Kraken posted:

They've got crabs, moss, and lumpy fruit.

I could have done without knowing that.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Cutting a Souls game's development 6-12 months short of being finished is a traditional element of the Souls series now, going back to Demon's Souls!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Works Fine in Japan.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Internet Kraken posted:

Too bad they wasted a DLC revisiting a location that wasn't important.

Only fitting after wasting the base game revisiting locations that aren't important. :v:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Dragonwagon posted:

I just realized it's possible to turn Irina into a firekeeper before Eygon visits the shrine. Did anyone do this yet? Does he have different dialogue?

I did this, he just shows up and says the same poo poo then is dead after beating Dragonslayer Armor

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
OTOH it's astounding that doing steps out of order doesn't somehow get both of them killed like with every other NPC quest. :v:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I can't believe a wolf boss might suck in this game where wolves run through terrain and attempt to telefrag you.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 30, 2017

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Maybe Hornet Ring shouldn't exist

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Space-time warping elements that can only be experienced from the safety of an elevator.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Quantum of Phallus posted:

All souls games are good. Umbasa

I wish they consistently got better from one game to another instead of one gameplay element getting worse while another gets better. FromSoft is "careful what you wish for" congealed into a studio.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Inspector_666 posted:

Talisman of the Beast from Demon Souls? Do tell, I have and will never play it.

In Demon's Souls there's a substantial amount of dialogue pertaining to miracles and magic and the Demon souls that they're derived-- Urbain, Freke, and Yuria all use the demon's souls to gain power but think there's something inherently evil about how the other does it.

There's actually a lot of insinuation that what they all practice is the same thing but can't see past that because of their own beliefs, but the Talisman of Beasts lays it out very bluntly.

"An old wooden amulet resembling the Old One.

It can utilize both miracles and spells.

The symbol of God was nothing more than the Image of the Old One."

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The only person cursed and losing their mind was the map designer who was trying to slap all these set-pieces the game director wanted together.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Consoles existing make sense because not everyone wants to buy a PC for gaming, but the artificial limitation of only having a game come out on one console is dumb. People would still own consoles if they had no exclusives, especially if more stuff that's currently only available on PC started coming to consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Shields are lopsided towards Greatshields being effective while normal shields are a little underpowered imo