Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raiden Souls 3 status: Hugging Gundyr and spamming like no tomorrow minces him, fuckin' A the knights are kicking my rear end. Why did I never learn to parry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The undead at the Wall with the crossbows are loving merciless.

Good thing the dragon kills them for you if you go halfway up the stairs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Huh. Katanaman pushed me off the ledge, he followed, and when I got back there I could just pick up his hanzo steel.

Welp, I ain't complaining. JACK IS BACK.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Lothric knights aren't so bad anymore once you fight them in the courtyard. The sword ones can get stun locked to hell and the spear guys take a bit to retract their weapons after a thrust.

Though the Blue Guy...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Internet Kraken posted:

Can you get a spear from lothric knights? I've gotten 3 swords but none of the spear guys have dropped their weapon.

You can get it off the regular undead guys with the spears and tall shields.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joey McChrist posted:

this hanzo steel wielding motherfucker :darksouls:

He's my favorite character and I really want to know what's behind that door.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Get your Strength to 11 and Dex to 16 to use the hanzo steel, laugh as zombies get cut down really fast.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright, I cut the crotch tree with my fire sword and got the cool transposition items (Pontiff ring sounds too good to pass up). Where do I go from here?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So the "drop 'em down the elevator shaft" approach actually does work with the ice rear end in a top hat. I sent the lift up and we just circled the hole until he lunged and fell, presumably making the Goofy sound.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Saw a bunch of Sunbro summon signs in front of some empty ruins, said "what the hell" and summoned them. We Sunbro'd our way to beating the Crystal Sage on the first shot, thank god for AoE heals.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Tree Boss optional or mandatory?

Going by the placement, he's optional.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is Farron's Keep the place in the swamp guarded by two assholes?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Doing a Dex/Int build; boss soul spoilers Crystal Hail or Sage's Rapier?

If the spell sucks I'll get the sword, if the sword sucks I'll get the spell for cheevin or w/e

Sword is great and hilarious for stunlocking, spell is meh.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every ghoul having a fire weapon is really really annoying.

The guys who kamizae themselves are funny tho.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Turtlicious posted:

Is Farron's before or after DC?

You can do them in either order.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh my god that stretch to the last bonfire shortcut in the Cathedral is loving garbage. And that path to Rosaria is even more loving garbage, thank god for lovely AI plunging off the rafters to their death.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's great that the Old Wolf bonfire is right next to the one after the second fire tower. gently caress going through spear satyrs, I'm staying in Wolfie's tower where it's safe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Farron Greatsword breakdancing, slaughters the gently caress out of the shotelai assholes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fashion Souls coming along nicely.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grinding for the Wolfbro covenant items is a pain in the rear end. I really want that poise ring.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Siegward/Yhorm bromance sounds amazing and the DLC should be about that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fun factz: when boosting your item find chance with stuff like coins and the Mimic helm, you don't need to personally kill things for items to drop. Wait at the Abyss Watcher bonfire with your chance-boosting gear on, crush a coin every now and then, and let the Darkwraiths kill the weird satyr assholes. Kill them and go out and collect what dropped. Got like 10 Wolfbro sigils in like a forty-five minutes.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I was hoping Aldrich would be what he is in the trailer, but holy gently caress what a disgusting piece of poo poo monster that wouldnt even be fit to live in a garbage compactor. Sheesh.

Stop insulting my girl(?)/boy(???) Gwyndolin.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So if you don't kill That Thing That Represents Gutts' Dark Side in Berserk on the bridge, it moves to the river you have to dredge through to reach Aldrich or Hell the dungeon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Do things like the firebombs have their damage scale with stats like everything else? Feel like doing a Mr. Satan gimmick run.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Irithyl Dungeon, more like AHHHFUCKSHITFUCKG AWAYFUCKDAMMIT Dungeon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tracula posted:

Spoiler questions for Yhorm lore.

So what kind of "giant" is he anyways? Like a Giant with a capital G that is one of them from Dark Souls 2 or just a giant in terms of being really, really big? During the cinematic when he stands up he clearly has a face and not a hole or crazy monster face like the one in the memory either. Also apparently he was a total bro with the onionbro in this game and even gave him a Stormruler to put him down incase he went hollow :smith:

Yhorm is a tragic dude. Just wanted to rule his dilapidated shithole in peace...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Being a faithful follower of Saint Aldrich of the Deep, May He Eat Forever is surprisingly fun.

Had a really great 1-on-1 with a katana guy where we ended up fighting on the moving staircase to Anor Londo. We were doing flips and random dive attacks and poo poo, and constantly moving the stairs up and down for the free I-frames. Then he died when I kicked him off the bridge part mid-move. A worthy foe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dancer's grab is bullshit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Internet Kraken posted:

For being the root of so much awful poo poo, the Pontiff doesn't really get much buildup as a boss. You could easily go through the game without ever noticing just how important he is.

There's something special in how you look back and realize that 90% of the things you've been fighting up to Irithyl are his fault.

The mental images of how the gently caress he got Aldrich out of the cathedral get pretty lol tho.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sword Master must achieve the ancient lost art of the east - the Art of Hitboxing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Motion to call Sword Master "Super Asia"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I will be the ultimate champion! The undefeated of Anor Londo! Drangleic! Lothric! Courland! And Catarina! I will become SUPER ASIA, and be champion of all! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*falls off ledge trying to parry*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm annoyed that you don't get Anri's sword if you do their quest the way Yuria wants.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ocelotte was taken from has parents by the Lothric Illuminati where he was raised to be a rootin' tootin' gay cowboy who makes sweet ricochet shots.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kild posted:

they scale with luck. at 40 you get them 1 dung

Luck builds top-tier for PVP funhaving.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DrNutt posted:

Made it all the way to Anor Londo and the Aldritch boss room before realizing I'd completely missed the Irithyl Dungeon. Should I go back and do that first or does it even matter one way or another?

It doesn't matter which you do first but Irithyl Dungeon sucks more.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

amazeballs posted:

Ashes of Ariandel:
ABDTI-RTD3P-*PD*D

* = The letter after P in the English alphabet.

:cheers:

Nabbed this, thank you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheHoosier posted:

Beat Midir for the first time. What a rush. I actually like fighting him unlike a certain optional boss in the vanilla game who's a huge prick and sucks poop from a butt

Don't talk poo poo about my good friend Kung Fu Gundyr.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

hampig posted:

I'd love to see a multiplayer feature in a souls game like the player deaths monument from DS2, except tracked for individual enemies.

I wonder what the bosses' kill counts are.

I would imagine Dancer is up there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cuchulain posted:

I don't know if you meant the big weapon exile bros or Heysel and Hodrick, but either pair makes sense.

The NPCs in DS3 don't actually have to follow all the same rules as player characters, and Hodrick's super aggro AI makes that very obvious. Between the huge damage, bleed weapon, self healing, massively inflated health, power within, and NPC animation canceling into a parry, he's easily the hardest NPC invader in the series.

I died like four times fighting Hodrick in Sirris's questline because his riposte is an insta-kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'd be less reluctant to try a Miracles-focused character if Lightning Spear was available earlier.