Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Sooo... did they do a stealth patch or something? The other day, I started getting summons as an Aldrich Faithful. Last night, I was getting regular summons as a Watchdog. So glad covenant auto-summons work correctly now; they're a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So did the latest patch break covenants again? I was getting constant summons for Aldritch Faithful, but now I'm getting nada.

Edit: nevermind. As soon I hit "post", I got summoned. Haha

Escape_GOAT fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 6, 2016

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I got summoned last night as an AF and the host was already fighting another invader. As I ran up, I saw a bag on the ground and picked it up. It had 99 Aldritch souls. Made a cool 1.4 million souls.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Is Rinfinger Leonhard's title a typo? Since he is one of Rosario's Fingers, I always saw it in my head as Ringfinger Leonhard, implying he was a pretty high rank in the covenant or something.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

nothing was worth the blizzard area

Literally the only area of any Dark Souls game that I never finished.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Something is downloading for me now. I bought the Season Pass pre-release and the game updated last night. I wonder if they fixed the gently caress up already.

EDIT: Yup. It says I own Ashes now.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I'm pissed that there was no forlorn set.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo. Just read that there's an entrance to the Ringed City in Sister Friede's chapel. Thank god. I thought I was gonna have to get the the Kiln of the First Flame before I could access it.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Happens on Steam too. In high population areas, people just summon them before you can; like the sign may appear in another player's game a few seconds before yours and someone else grabs him.

On an unrelated note, I've been using the onikiri and ubadachi on my main character from NG through to NG+3 until I got to the Ringed City. It was like hitting a wall. Couldn't stagger; couldn't guard break; kept getting the poo poo beat out of me. Switched back to GS of Artorias and it's been much easier.

Except for Midir. gently caress that dragon.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What's the level range people are playing at now above 120? Is it around 140-150?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So I'm still trying to get the rest of the sawgrass I need to get Artorias' shield. I invaded as a Watchdog into some player's game and there were two other Watchdogs there too. As we rush the guy and take our first swing, he casts some spell hack and it dropped me down to 1 fps and I got the message "Humanity Stolen". I alt+tabbed out immediately. Apparently, it doesn't actually remove anything from your inventory, just grinds the game to a halt. 10 minutes later, I invade again and it's the same fucker, so I just black stoned out of there. What a pain in the rear end.

On a related note, does anyone have any extra sawgrass? Grinding Ghrus for them sucks and invasions tend to be hit or miss.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Goddamn I wish there was a way to get more slabs than by moving on to NG n+1

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Would divine piss taste like the sweetest apple juice?

Only if Gwenyvere is diabetic.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

skasion posted:

SL50 is way too high for Watchdogs. How often have YOU gone through Road/Farron at SL50, or even close? For watchdogs you want to be as low level as practicable, definitely not above like 35. It still doesn't work as well as Aldrich Faithful because players are practically guaranteed to be embered when they enter the invasion zone for Aldrich, unlike Road or Farron. But plenty of people ember up for Crystal Sage or to fight Heysel anyway, you can definitely get bites there if you're in the right range.

Watchdogs has been fairly active around 120-150, meaning a couple summons per hour during peak times. Not anywhere near the non-stop action of Aldrich Faithful though.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

And Tyler Too! posted:

My guy is dressed an Abyss Watcher and nothing is going to make me take that off. Today I discovered how ridiculous Onikiri and Ubadachi is. I started using it for shits & giggles as I came out of Duke's Archives and either I'm being invaded by dummies or this weapon is seriously unbalanced because I can keep people flinchlocked constantly and the bleed effect is icing on the cake. I +10'd it in a heartbeat.

I love the Onikiri and Ubadachi, but they became totally useless in The Ringed City because they do like zero poise damage. So crawling pilgrim assholes just cast that circle around you and your swords plink off their shell, and the ringed knights don't even flinch while they murder you.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I couldn't seem to get Heysel to spawn in Crucifixion Woods. I was embered and neither the Sage nor Legion were killed. Ran all around the swamp near the lit up tree and where the Watchdogs are but no luck. Any ideas? I was playing in offline mode cuz the internet dropped out last night but I though NPC invasions happened regardless.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I get it just fine when I'm offline, did you try running around near where the basilisks are? She always spawns for me when I'm going up the hill to the last smokestack (near where the hoppy ghru standing facing away from you is).

That's the Farron Keep invasion. I haven't gone there yet because I didn't want to advance until I got Heysel in Crux Woods.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

Another question, does giving the Fire Keeper the eyes have any downside/lock you out of anything?

Gives the option for different endings.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

The only parts of TRC I didn't like were the adjudicators. But the city is beautifully designed. The bosses were great, but my least favorite is Halflight/player summon for the church because you get so few souls for beating that fight. Midir is probably my favorite boss fight in all DS3.

If you're having a really hard time with the difficulty in the DLCs, two-hand a greatsword, the Knight Slayers Ring, and get aggressive.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

holy poo poo this is lifechanging

i mean i already beat both DLC but that'll be good to know next time i get the itch

Or you can just kick them and they flip over.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Yea. You gotta go finish him off. There's a secret passage halfway down the elevator.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What level is everyone playing at now? I hopped on yesterday evening and the ringed city was a barren wasteland.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Meta Level is still 120? Or did it move up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, gonna have to find out where that is.

Oh she's the lady I pissed off by joining Rosaria's covenant.

Yea just get it in NG+. Just make sure you finish Sirris’s quest line before joining Rosaria’s covenant or respeccing.