Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relin posted:

had to look up a walkthrough vid to figure out where to go after killing the crane arm (the guy spent a long time wandering around as well)

How.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Turns out I can hear a higher frequency in my right ear than my left.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Should I try and do all available sidequests in Route A? I don't know if I should be skipping those til later, I know I can go back at some point and do them. Also, is there anything missable achievement wise?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

some of them should absolutely be left until later. Specifically anything involving difficult combat or money. I spent ages raising loads of money for that scientist robot in route A only to immediately be rolling in millions within a couple of hours of route B. don't even talk to me about Father Servo

OK, the main ones I was going to wait on were the racing one (I figure I need speed boosts or something), and the money donating one.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Route A, and that was too hopeful. I expect much worse in the next routes.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I did the sidequest where you help the two Resistance members escape and the ending was a thing :stonk:.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That was my reaction to half of the sidequests.

The other half were :smith:

Yeah I did Emil's memories and it was very sad.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Holy poo poo the beginning of Route

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

The centipede thing in the desert? I burned a lot of consumables on that one because it can swiftly get out of control.

I need to activate B-mode! *dies instantly*

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Vermain posted:

This is fully intentional. Remember, A2's whole quest is about her regaining her humanity and learning to trust and rely on others again. 042 explicitly tells her several times at the start of the fight, "You shouldn't activate Berserker Mode. Let's work together to defeat Hegel instead," which she tries to furiously brush off - but 042 is correct, which is the lead in to her slowly emerging from her self-imposed isolation.

I agree but that doesn't make the fight any less poo poo even without Berserker mode.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just got Ending E. What a game. Endings C and D were huge downers so I'm glad E exists.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Route C is incredible, and Ending E even more so.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

rio posted:

Did 9S really just want to gently caress 2B? Androids don't have the parts for that, I assume.

Thinking about how much he wants to love 2B. Nothing sexual about it :colbert:.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Route C, Pascal :stare::stonk:

I teared up.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait people care about A2.

She was fine I guess but nothing particularly interesting

:wrong:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really liked dad Nier when I played on the 360 version, but the remake with brother Nier hit me way harder overall, I really loved the remake in a way I didn't the original. The extra ending was maybe a little bit of fan service in the end but I really loved that too. The extra sidequest with the ferryman was nice. I'd like to play Automata again if the PC version ever goes on sale to a price I'd be fine rebuying a game at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I would say E is worth doing in the remake, I really liked what's in the ending overall. C & D only need to be done as full playthroughs if you care about your save file showing all the save marks.