Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Siochain posted:

ITT I learn that he'll fill the box on his dumptruck with AI Goons wanting to help.

This would be the best.

A truck driving across America with a bed full of AI goons drinking and talking poo poo posting to this forum on their phones a la a modern version of that bit from Kerouac's On The Road. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Can't wait for My Winter Truck to become available on Steam.

Also FUUUCK YEEEEAH! :woop:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I tried Salvia a handful of times, including with some "40x" extract that was supposedly pretty good, and never actually "broke through." I think my problem was the lighter my friends and I were using was just a regular old bic and not a torch and we weren't getting the poo poo hot enough.

Not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

CharlesM posted:

I'd rather scroll past all the drug posts,

Drugs are good and when you do em people think that you're cool. :colbert:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cursory googling led me to believe the redline for a truck/van L05 is 4500 RPM and they really stop making power after 3500 or so.

Oh and Happy Birthday Mr. Inch!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

I don't think the TBI will squirt enough fuel to go over 4500, not that the heads would let in enough air anyway. So what I am saying is put in higher ratio rockers if you want to beat that Cessna and find a 454 TBI.

Yeah, in addition I guess the valve springs in the truck motors started to float valves at around 4500 as well. With the 6.x rear end he'll still be good for highway travel but definitely needs to avoid interstates IMO.

That said I fully expect 14" to find out the truck's top speed.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

What's the status of the brakes on the war rig?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I tried that once because she challenged me to a fart off and I swear to god this is true we never had sex again

My ex used to dutch-oven me. Also once called me into the bathroom to ask me something only to show me a giant turd.

I never entertained any notions of women being the fairer sex but goddamn was that relationship a reality check.

She's doing a lot better these days. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Isn't Dan selling the house? Or is he just moving out and keeping the property. I wonder what will happen to the field the truck currently resides in.

As long as that's settled, yeah I'd turn back and spend the winter getting the Civic ready to come back to finish the project in the spring. This will also give you a lot of time to brainstorm a solution to the brake pedal issue.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Deceptor101 posted:

I know a lot of older trucks came with copper radiators that cool incredibly well. They're generally much thicker than they need to be too.

Yeah didn't this truck originally have like a four blade metal fan with no shroud? A modern fan on this radiator would bring it up to par I think.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cached Money posted:

and doesn't end up on the street. :(

About that...

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

wait I missed something what happened to Rosie?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Tremek is AIer of the year, no contest.

Bad news: The bike was definitely stolen by a Greyhound employee.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

So far my track record of buying hot sauce from strangers on the internet is excellent. I'm in.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

glyph posted:

Does coke even do that? PCP maybe, but...

:stonk:

I can only imagine it had to involve multiple parties because people on coke can talk each other into anything.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

That Good rear end Beer is decent enough, especially when it's 4.99 for a sixer around here.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Getting rid of the points was the point.

This conversation could go in circles until we're all dizzy.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

People find different things funny. News at 11.

To be fair the puns aren't funny but running terrible puns into the ground is kind of an SA tradition so...

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

This https://www.hotsauce.com/Orange-Krush-The-Habanero-Sauce-p/1899.htm is one of my favorite hot sauces. Plenty hot but with a hell of a good flavor too. Also it has the same name of a strain of :420: so nice.

I have a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce (new thread title) but don't really use it that much tbh.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

... its kush dude.

not that i inject pot but :cmon:

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/orange-crush :2bong:

It was also (supposedly) the first "named" strain I ever smoked like 10 years ago and it hosed me up.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

And with the roar of a V8 everyone in Valentine stopped what they were doing and turned toward the field of the burned Jeep. They didn't know it yet, but this was their first call to prayer.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Endorphin Rush kicks rear end. Hotter than I usually like but the smoky/sweet flavor you get at first is pretty drat good. Then it gives way to pain. 4/5

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

As Nero Danced posted:

That settles it, Dave must build a boat and become 14 Inch Admiral.

I bought a boat: Bad Decisions ITT

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah there's a reason the Mormons got to Utah and decided to kick it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

This might sound like a dumb question but I've always wondered: On huge HVAC systems such as those that flow thousands (or tens of thousands) of CFM is there any risk to getting sucked into the airflow or are pressures too low for that to really be a concern?

I seem to recall I read somewhere that large HVAC systems can flow as much air in lb/sec as some jet engines which led me down this morbid line of thought. :v:

• Locked thread